Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like the same half a dozen goals played over and over again.
    Entertaining though, despite virtually no opposition.
    Free transfer might be worth a look, but it ain't going to happen anyway.
  • Options
    I did hear that our CEO had been eyeing over several Brazillians of late.
  • Options
    Surely he'd never get a permit...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options

League One duo Charlton and Millwall are interested in Brazilian striker Rafael Ramazzotti, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Ramazzotti is currently plying his trade with Brunei DPMM FC in the Singapore S.League, working under former Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean.
    So that's where Steve Kean ended up. Sacking Big Sam to put him in charge of Blackburn, what a great decision that was...

interesting that on the same page there is a reference that West Ham are STILL interested in signing Fox from Charlton ((:>)
  • Options

Of Italian descent so maybe he will
  • Options

Of Italian descent so maybe he will
    God bless EEC.
  • Options
    Rumour that John Ruddy Norwich city goalkeeper could be on the move.
    He apparently nearly joined Sunderland on the final day of the summer transfer window.
    Norwich looking to offload their big earners.
    Not sure if Ruddy move would affect Rudds loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He apparently nearly joined Sunderland on the final day of the summer transfer window.

If anyone can shed some light on it surely it's chap from Norfolk called John
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

If anyone can shed some light on it surely it's chap from Norfolk called John
    That 'ell be John the football youse be arfter.
  • Options
    Big lad in't he.

Top drawer header, good on the bench if josh gets injured as a straight replacement
  • Options
    Note to self: Move to Singapore, get trial, say you're a center forward and at 5'8'', be known as the league's classic #9, a good old fashioned center forward.
  • Options

Katrien did
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Can someone start a UB40 thread.

You may get an answer the process is slow
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

Apparently Millwall have threatened to report us regarding the ongoing efforts to sign Shaun Williams.

Good player but surprised we have gone for him. Centre back/holding midfield player isn't the priority if we are only getting one more in..
    Dunno... If we play 4-2-3-1 that Robinson favours then we've got Konsa and Crofts to play the two positions in front of the Defence yet if one of those mentioned gets injured then we've got to rely on Jackson... Ulvestad | JFC | Aribo appear to be more attack minded and part of the Midfield three supporting the Striker so wouldnt want them
    JFC can play as a 10 or as an 8/4. I actually think a true defensive midfielder wouldn't be a bad shout--assuming we can get two players in, another one an attacker. Right now, for that "double 6" position (2 in front of the defense) we have:
    Crofts, Konsa, JFC, Ulvestad, JJ*

None of them, except for maybe Konsa who hasn't played much at senior level in that position, are a true defensive midfielder designed to break up play. As we saw with Darren Potter at MK Dons, KR does like that type of player. That said, I don't think a 30 year old who has spent most of his career in the Irish league and lower leagues is the answer.

I think a #10 or genuine winger is the top need. Heard we've been linked with a move for Ali Crawford up at Hamilton for £1m. Anyone seen this anywhere else?
    When did we start using numbers to describe positions? I know they do it on the continent, but it still seems arbitrary to me.
    I think they do it most places, and I'd argue it's been done in Britain for a while. If I said an "old fashioned number 9" you'd know what I mean, right?
    Fair point. It's newish to talk about 4/8/10 though
    4 and 8 maybe, but 10 has been common parlance for quite a few years. Of course, Socrates was more of a Players No.6.
  • Options

Every striker has one...

https://youtu.be/TvfMqK64XtA

Crap defending, poor goalkeeping, but he's got a good shot on him as well as being good in the air which you'd expect for someone who's 6'5".
  • Options
    He looks a quality striker at that level.

Problem is what is that level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He looks a quality striker at that level.

Problem is what is that level

Lowest level. These videos are very annoying/misleading.
    At best he could be brought on for the last five minutes when we've just won a corner.
  • Options
    HITC is an agent driven, stolen stories, click bait "Here is Total Crap" site
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Morning Ben.....early start for you this morning. I see you have your mojo set in Spanners mode already!
  • Options

Morning Ben.....early start for you this morning. I see you have your mojo set in Spanners mode already!
    As a Millwall fan yourself you'd know
  • Options
    Having been to a few games in Singapore when I lived there, the level is about conference level and that is being generous.

Technically it is pretty, but no one can tackle and no one can defend.
  • Options
    More spin and what's the point of a state of the art academy when you sell at the first decent offer. It's a player farm, pure and simple.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Agreed, although I suspect where all the transfer money is going is hard to pin down.

One small thing....perhaps Konsa has found his best position, although he's young enough not to be pigeonholed in only one.
    He's a decent centre half, poor-ish right back, but looked good v. Bristol Rovers in mf. Only one game I know...

It's going to be a unique experience watching him develop for a few months before he gets sold to the Premier League.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Robinson is retreating from his earlier references to 'splashing the cash' and is now saying that a large chunk of the Lookman and Fox money will go into redeveloping the training ground - https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15161/charlton-manager-robinson-big-chunk-lookman-fox-transfer-money-will-go-building-best-training-ground-south-london/

It's sensible to try and dampen down the expectations of any selling club but the article smells of regime double talk - trying to dress up the fact that the money is going into Duchatelet's pocket. It also rather confirms our fears that reinvestment in the team is likely to be very modest. We clearly do need reinforcements, including in midfield, not least because Crofts, Ulvestad and Jackson are unlikely to be treading the boards next season. Konsa is playing out of position and Aribo only has a few games under his belt. Let's hope we can get one or two players in later this month.

The article also makes you wonder again why Duchatelet and Meire allowed a substantial multi-million pound grant award for the redevelopment of Sparrow's Lane to lapse (the details of which Airman posted some time ago). Roland probably wanted complete control, rather than being subject to any conditions.

In reality, the £12-13million of transfer fees received in the last six months will simply be absorbed by the huge operating losses incurred (and to be incurred) by the regime.

Agree.
    Also in an ideal world RD should be made to pay the majority of the huge operating loses because this would be a lot smaller if he ran the club properly!