Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

1838485868789»

Comments

• Options
    I heard there were problems with the Williams signing but wasn't told why.
  • Options

Christ that is a serious set of gnashers

Manny Frimpong - one of the worst players to wear a charlton shirt - on a par with about 500 others.
    I don't know if I'd put him up there. He looked really good in his first appearance but then he clearly just wasn't fit. He's no Eggert Jonsson
    Eggert Jonsson played over 50 games for Fleetwood, so can't have been that bad!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Only one Scouser allowed at a time. Robinson has put us at our limit.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

He's actually Welsh (insert sheep jokes instead)
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Ewe are bordering on racism
  • Options
    edited February 2017

No need to bleat on about it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Back to rumours did this ever get posted?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-youngster-ezri-konsa-a-january-target-for-premier-league-giants-a3455811.html

Apparently there was interest in Konsa in January which we dismissed.

Palace have been watching Konsa since he broke into the 1st XI. I'm sure all the others have been too.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Typical woolly liberal
  • Options
    I think holding onto Konsa during the summer will be a big challange. Can't see a mega bucks bid but I think we might well be looking at £2-3 million which I think would be enough to land him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the major clubs have scouts everywhere so know any promising youngster up and down the divisions.

Saying that, Lookman seemed to have gone unnoticed.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

All the major clubs have scouts everywhere so know any promising youngster up and down the divisions.

Saying that, Lookman seemed to have gone unnoticed.

Speaking to a friend who is part of the England Youth Scouting set up (and works in the North West region for clubs too), he says that due to his late entrance into the game, Lookman was a surprise to all the scouts as he came from nowhere onto the scene and quickly, which is why he was not on all their radars.

• Options
    So are you saying that they only scout youngsters who are affiliated to a league club?

Could be a few more out there then waiting to be discovered.

Didn't the coach from Lookman's club say that he had a few more who were better than Ademola.
  • Options
    Solihull Moors have signed Regan Charles-Cook on loan from Charlton Athletic for the rest of the season.

The 19-year-old midfielder has made one appearance for the Addicks this season in an EFL Trophy game against Southampton's Under-21 side.

He is the younger brother of Coventry goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook.

"Regan's an athlete, technically good and versatile, so he will give us options and creativity in the final third," said Moors boss Liam McDonald.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

So are you saying that they only scout youngsters who are affiliated to a league club?

Didn't the coach from Lookman's club say that he had a few more who were better than Ademola.

think you are right. Most kids get picked up by a club from a young age but a few get through the net. PL teams take the easy option of just scouting other academy teams to pick up players. Ocassionally players like Ade are brought to a Clubs attention but it's rare. There are probably loads of players out there who are good enough but matured late and so because they were not picked up have escaped the net.
  • Options

iaitch said:

think you are right. Most kids get picked up by a club from a young age but a few get through the net. PL teams take the easy option of just scouting other academy teams to pick up players. Ocassionally players like Ade are brought to a Clubs attention but it's rare. There are probably loads of players out there who are good enough but matured late and so because they were not picked up have escaped the net.
    Also, many of the bigger Sunday Junior Clubs have connections/deals with certain clubs. Waterloo FC may have been out of the loop.