Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked (pg 1)/De Boer Sacked (pg 25)

Comments

• Options

Bit weird spending £12m on Schlupp and £14m on Van Aanholt about two weeks later - aren't they both left backs?

Schlupp can play wide left midfield but also played up front in the early part of his career.
    They're both pretty similar players, 2 left sided players in one window is a bit curious
    rananegra said:

Why are the likes of Sunderland and Hull selling their best players? It's almost as if they don't expect to stay up.

I've no idea what's going on at Hull selling Livermore and Snodgrass. It's not as if they spent much in the summer either
    Hull are assuming that they are going down and taking what money they can now - or get nothing like that by way of transfer money when they do. Owners won't back the manager and the Sky money will disappear.

Has this ever happened before?
    You can understand a team not spending much after promotion, but a team not spending much then selling their best players in January is bizarre. At this rate they'll go down with a worse team than the one that got them promoted!
    It's especially mad since they took the trouble/cost to bring in a new manager.
  • Options

Bit weird spending £12m on Schlupp and £14m on Van Aanholt about two weeks later - aren't they both left backs?

Schlupp can play wide left midfield but also played up front in the early part of his career.
    They're both pretty similar players, 2 left sided players in one window is a bit curious
    rananegra said:

Why are the likes of Sunderland and Hull selling their best players? It's almost as if they don't expect to stay up.

I've no idea what's going on at Hull selling Livermore and Snodgrass. It's not as if they spent much in the summer either
    Hull are assuming that they are going down and taking what money they can now - or get nothing like that by way of transfer money when they do. Owners won't back the manager and the Sky money will disappear.

You can understand a team not spending much after promotion, but a team not spending much then selling their best players in January is bizarre. At this rate they'll go down with a worse team than the one that got them promoted!
    It's especially mad since they took the trouble/cost to bring in a new manager.
    Especially as it's not as if they're stranded. In a season with several poor teams at the bottom, they have a realistic chance of coming 4th bottom
  • Options

rananegra said:

I think Burnley were in a similar position when they went down in that they spent very little when they came up and then lost Danny Ings on a free and sold Kieran Trippier for £3.5m at the end of the season they went down. With the parachute money they spent £9m on Andre Gray.

Hull will probably hope to do the same but they don't seem to have the same stability that Burnley had.
  • Options
    Anyone would think that Agent Ollie is back moonlighting for them and deftly guiding their transfer policy.
  • Options
    Just 10,000 home fans for a fourth round cup tie for them today.

Ultras seen in "Back to black" in Bluewater.
  • Options
    Schlupp's injured. It just gets better every week.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Just 10,000 home fans for a fourth round cup tie for them today.

Ultras seen in "Back to black" in Bluewater.

They're far to bi
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

14 million!?!? For Van Aanholt? Ridiculously over the odds

Really weird one that. He's quick and quite good going forward but defensively he's shocking. Palace really need to tighten up at the back and the signing a left back who will never be there. The plus side is that's £14m Moyes can spend on dragging Sunderland above Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Pardew was at Sutton again, does he have connections with them?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I see Pardew was at Sutton again, does he have connections with them?

Yes. I think they said on commentary that it's his favourite club, gives them money and stuff. He's still a twat though.
  • Options
    schlupp injured is a big blow for them
  • Options
    Palace win 2-0 at Bournemouth. Bugger

Swansea also win, so least they are still in the bottom 3
  • Options
    At least Arsenal lost
  • Options
    They aren't going down , far too good a squad compared to the junk down there , unfortunately
  • Options

They aren't going down , far too good a squad compared to the junk down there , unfortunately

Swansea seem to have turned a corner and made some decent signings in January. A few teams will be nervous above them, notably Leicester!
  • Options

They aren't going down , far too good aw squad compared to the junk down there , unfortunately

Big Sam did a proper job on Bournemouth tonight sadly and, although AFCB played poorly and gifted them both goals, they don't look like relegation fodder to me on that showing. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    They weren't going to not win every game between now and the end of the season but for once Palace haven't moved up the table with a win which they always usually seem to do.

They remain inside the relegation zone by 2 pts with an easier game chalked off the fixture list although they've now dragged Boro and Leicester into the scrap.

They'll be delighted to win but they've not turned a corner yet. Swansea also winning tonight helps, it reminds me of us towards the end of last season when we were actually winning games unfortunately Rotherham were too to nulify them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bournemouth have been off the boil of late so I'm not entirely devoid of hope, but it is a blow.
  • Options
    Really hoping they lost tonight and fell 5 points behind, psychologically that gap would have been big and they would have spent all their easy games just closing it.

Man for man their team is far too good to go down and with a bit of confidence a win gives I expect them to do well in their next 7 games and pull a fair way clear sadly.

Hope I am wrong of course..
  • Options
    I treat these stripey mugs as a remedy to any Charlton malaise. Whilst a perfect storm of misery would be ideal, ANYTHING that causes those sparkly turds discomfort is welcome and takes some of the soreness away from the complete cluster fuck emerging at the Valley...
  • Options
    If Sunderland sneak a win at Selhurst then it's back on. Big, big game Saturday...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

If Sunderland sneak a win at Selhurst then it's back on. Big, big game Saturday...

It is but think they'll have too much for a very poor Sunderland side unfortunately
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

It is but think they'll have too much for a very poor Sunderland side unfortunately
    That's enough of that talk!
  • Options
    Decided to stream their game. Conceded a foolish goal and missed an absolute sitter. It's delightful (for now).
  • Options
    Even more delightful.
  • Options
    Oh wow. We score at the same time they concede a cracker. Fuck yes.

FUCK YES.