Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked (pg 1)/De Boer Sacked (pg 25)

Comments

• Options
    Even more enjoyable now watching that smug bastard Pardew
  • Options
    So that proves the big nosed cnut was more interested in chasing jailbait, than looking around him at Shitehurst Park...
  • Options
    They have a potentially winnable game at home to Southampton this weekend then their next three games are Man City (A), Man Utd (A) then Chelsea (H). Fail to get anything this week and by the 21 October they might be Pld 8 W 0 D 0 L 8. They might even manage to fail to score in all of those games too.

I suspect that Hodgson is able to turn it around, but they will need some kind of miracle if they emerge with less than 4 points from the first 8 games. I don't think I remember two teams losing their first four games in a season. If Bournemouth weren't so determined to win relegation this season it could start to look even more grim if West Ham get something tonight at home to Huddersfield.

I would be more than happy for the current bottom three to be relegated - but I'd rip your arm off right now just for it to include Palace.
  • Options
    I imagine the Soton game will be really tense, the first goal will be crucial
  • Options
    Keep De Boer and they are down but change it and I think they'll stay up
  • Options
    I think they'll give him the Saints game. If they lose that (or possibly even draw) then I think Parish will decide to get rid of De Boer, although he'll probably remain in charge for at least two of the games against Man C, Man U and Chelsea. They'll want to have a new manager in place to inspire them to victory against Newcastle on 21 October.

Parish must realise that they struggle when they try to play attractive football and do well when they play Pulis/Allardyce-style anti football, but he seems intent on pursuing that style anyway.

There aren't any long ball managers left for them to go for. Hodgson seems like a strong possibility, does he want the hassle at his age though? He doesn't bring any guarantees of success either. Moyes has probably done too much damage to his reputation to be considered. Looking at the current unemplyed list, can't see anyone who'd tick all the boxes for them. Fingers crossed for a few months of pleasant entertainment.

• Options
    what is quite good is palace have a high wage bill so if they were to go down a lot of there players would move on, and hopefully they wouldnt bounce straight back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard their players wage bill was £80m a year.
  • Options

De Boer sacked

ffs!!

• Options
    palace aside though that is a joke 4 games into the season and managers are being sacked.
  • Options

De Boer sacked

nothing on SSN''s is it a twitter thing
  • Options
    Lee Clayton's head of sport at The Mail. Only the shit papers picking the story up so far, presume it's accurate though.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I think they'll give him the Saints game. If they lose that (or possibly even draw) then I think Parish will decide to get rid of De Boer, although he'll probably remain in charge for at least two of the games against Man C, Man U and Chelsea. They'll want to have a new manager in place to inspire them to victory against Newcastle on 21 October.

Parish must realise that they struggle when they try to play attractive football and do well when they play Pulis/Allardyce-style anti football, but he seems intent on pursuing that style anyway.

There aren't any long ball managers left for them to go for. Hodgson seems like a strong possibility, does he want the hassle at his age though? He doesn't bring any guarantees of success either. Moyes has probably done too much damage to his reputation to be considered. Looking at the current unemplyed list, can't see anyone who'd tick all the boxes for them. Fingers crossed for a few months of pleasant entertainment.

I read this just now (after it was announced that de Boer had been sacked) but my reply was going to be:

The hassle no, the c. £5m? Probably, yes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing news that De Boer has been sacked - he was doing a great job in taking them down.

But let's hope Hodgson is his replacement. Bloke is about 70 now and well past his prime. And let's face it - his last gig with England was hardly a rip roaring success.

Still optimistic the fun can continue!
  • Options

Disappointing news that De Boer has been sacked - he was doing a great job in taking them down.

But let's hope Hodgson is his replacement. Bloke is about 70 now and well past his prime. And let's face it - his last gig with England was hardly a rip roaring success.

Other than England though he did a great job with Fulham and West Brom though so could argue thats his level
  • Options

Other than England though he did a great job with Fulham and West Brom though so could argue thats his level
    True. But that was a good few years ago. Time moves on and at 70, he can't be as sharp as he was. And the modern player is probably going to have **** all in common with him now.
  • Options
    It's on sky sports now.
    Hodgson to be appointed soon.
  • Options
    palace obviously jealous of the amount of managers we have had.
  • Options

To be fair to De Boer I dont think Palace played that badly second half (missed the first)... Reckon they'll go down but that'll happen regardless of who in charge.

Management is a harsh business too because if Scott Dann had taken his chance, he'd probably keep his job yet the Manager cant do much more to get his players to score!!

You're on thin ice, FA. I'm seriously considering requesting @i_b_b_o_r_g have you banned from this thread if we don't see some more positivity.
  • Options
    times have moved on, hodgson struggled to get something out of england, he had harry kane taking fucking corners, the games moved on a bit palaces issue is theyve been set up how fdb wanted them to and dont know how well roy will get on with them, cant see him lasting past xmas...shame.
  • Options
    Oh PLEASE appoint Hodgson :D