Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked (pg 1)/De Boer Sacked (pg 25)

Comments

• Options
    Dougie Freedman is back there as Director of Football, will be in charge before end of September.
  • Options
    I hope their season ticket holders continue to enjoy this sort of value for money.
  • Options

Hang on, let's not get too excited.

Steve Parrish is a a good Chairman. (Hate to say it but he is). He won't hang around long before he sacks De Boer if results don't improve quickly. And there are enough good players there for a new manager to turn things around quickly.

But it is fun at the moment watching them struggle!

Parrish did hire De Boer... if he makes another mistake on his replacement, they'll struggle to come back from it!

They've been dodging bullets for a few years now. Apart from Brighton, I'm not convinced there are many worse teams this year.
  • Options
    West Ham seem to be giving them a run for their money.

Different team once Cabaye and Zaha are back I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Stunned by how fast their fans got too big for their boots. To be fair, I have a couple of Nigel mates and they are decent blokes; I think once you are PL you just get a raft of nob head hangers on immediately. Read that Holmesdaleend forum end of last year and the amount of fans saying they would not renew if Allardyce was still manager as they should be looking for better was stunning.
  • Options
    Think people are giving their squad too much credit.
  • Options
    I know a lot of Palace fans (hard to get away from them around here) and although there are a few genuine ones who've followed forever, most are right Premier League hangers on. The Holmesdale Fanatics are the most embarrassing thing in English football, their atmosphere is not actually bad but the plastic, European ultra impression is just embarrassing. I can see it going completely tits up for them in the next few years, they've seemed to ride their luck for ages and it's gonna run out sometime, there players aren't great and the PL is much stronger, especially at the bottom, than last year. (No Sunderland etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know a lot of Palace fans (hard to get away from them around here) and although there are a few genuine ones who've followed forever, most are right Premier League hangers on. The Holmesdale Fanatics are the most embarrassing thing in English football, their atmosphere is not actually bad but the plastic, European ultra impression is just embarrassing. I can see it going completely tits up for them in the next few years, they've seemed to ride their luck for ages and it's gonna run out sometime, there players aren't great and the PL is much stronger, especially at the bottom, than last year. (No Sunderland etc).

I dunno, I don't think any of the promoted teams are that strong
  • Options
    Hopefully Sakho won't go there, as he made a real difference when he signed for them last season
  • Options
    £25m for a centre half ffs we really are on a different planet football wise .
    Stick in what they paid for Benteke and they could have bought our whole club from fecking Roland
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I don't understand why he was appointed. Anyone with football knowledge understands that Palace's relative success is down to hoofball and not football.

Why appoint a coach who wants to play football, with a squad of players not suited for it ?
  • Options
    Palace are a bit of a bogey team for the Scousers as well, so was pleased to see them lose up there. I still reckon Swansea are more likely to run out of luck than the Nigels, even though they won. I think this year will be closer than the last few but would still reckon they'll beat the drop unless Huddersfield really confound us all and keep this up and as long as the other relegation candidates can keep pace. There are currently 3 teams on 0 and 1 on 1, so too early to say, but so far so good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/de-boer-fears-weekend-sack-11091062

I think they should stick with him for a bit, he's doing a grand job so far.

Burnley away
    Southampton home
    Man City away
    Man U away
    Chelsea home

I reckon they'll probably give him those games and then sack him. New manager in place in time for the relegation 6-pointers away at Newcastle and home to West Ham at the end of October.
  • Options
    Sakho was a big purchase for them, I was really disappointed when it went through. We need Kelly to be the main man! Fortunately, he's the only decent signing they have made, and hopefully he'll get injured.
  • Options
    Why on earth would Roy Hodgson want to go there of all places?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Who else would take him?

Hopefully he'll follow his tactical masterstroke from the Euros and get Benteke to take all their corners!
  • Options
    i thought id seen the last of him after his pathetic squirms after the iceland match - useless twat - SIGN HIM UP PALACE!!!.
  • Options
    He quite likes their ultwas
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    LenGlover said:

I believe he was born in Croydon and started his playing career there.
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson might be one of those choices that'll see Palace survive (i.e. Look at the work he did with Fulham and West Brom) - Jokanovic would be a good appointment as see him as one of those who is good for the Championship but wouldnt make the step up