Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Maybe so, but does tend to give him an advantage.
    Then again I am brilliant at what I do, and everyone agrees with me, therefore I get where he’s coming from
  • Options
    MVB plays his B game and Smith plays his A game, Smith has a chance. Not a great chance the way MVG is playing but a chance.
  • Options
    Hopefully MVG has peaked and played his best game in the semi-final.
    I appreciate he's probably the best player in the world at the moment but arrogance is not a good trait.
    The wife and I had that conversation last night.
    She thinks MvG is arrogant, I just see him as supremely confident in his own ability.
  • Options
    To get to the top, of any sport you do need to have some form of arrogance/confidence. Yes some people do come across more of a bellend eg. Price, then others, but its part of the winning mentality and i am sure the top 16 all think if they play their best they win any game/tournament.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I appreciate he's probably the best player in the world at the moment but arrogance is not a good trait.
    She thinks MvG is arrogant, I just see him as supremely confident in his own ability.
    I have met him and he is a really nice bloke. I think arrogance and confidence can be similar and he probably needs to believe it to be it.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Being confident in your ability is not the same as arrogance.
    The way he tries to intimidate his opponents just makes him look like a bully.
    Hopefully he doesn't get away with it against "bully boy" who seems like a genuinely humble person.  
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MVG in all 5 games to the final has averaged over 100 including 108 last night. 

That’s not arrogance, that’s a player on form. 

5/2 at the start of the tournament was a eye opener. Smith needs to be on fire to beat MVG tonight 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Hopefully he doesn't get away with it against "bully boy" who seems like a genuinely humble person.  
    His opponents try to slow him down and put him off his game and he gives some back. That is what he was doing last night. He is less a bully but somebody who doesn't let himself get bullied IMO. Smith will try to play his game against MVG and will believe he can beat him so I doubt there will be any issues like that.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    His opponents try to slow him down and put him off his game and he gives some back. That is what he was doing last night. He is less a bully but somebody who doesn't let himself get bullied IMO. Smith will try to play his game against MVG and will believe he can beat him so I doubt there will be any issues like that.
    Not every player plays at 100mph and if his opponent can get a small advantage by playing a bit slower then they are entitled to do that.
    If "giving some back" means encroaching the throwing area that is against the rules and is intimidating your opponent.

• Options
    No but some slow down even more playing MVG in an attempt to put him off his game. Fair enough I say. He knows when this is happening though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any bets on tonight?
    Gone with the following 8/1 treble

Win - MvG 
    Most 180s - MvG
    Highest checkout - Smith
  • Options
    They’ve all got an element of bully in them and use aggression as an intimidator. 

Mentioned it before, but always find it hilarious when they land a big score or finish, turn left towards their missus with their face all snarled up, and throw a couple of shadow kidney punches in her direction. 

• Options
    I’d be useless at that being a lefty, I would end snarling at a glass collector 
  • Options
    When I watch MVG I am not sure what I find most shocking, this is him, he is only 33 or has only won 3 World Titles.  
  • Options
    That leg was insane!!
  • Options
    Best leg of darts ever 
  • Options
    My Christ.
  • Options
    That was absolutely mental!!! 
  • Options
    What a ridiculous leg of darts!
  • Options
    Interesting.

Very interesting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t often agree with Mardle but as the man said, you can watch darts for the rest of you’re life and you’ll never see a better leg than that one!!!!!
  • Options
    That is ridiculous 
  • Options
    Reminds me of when I used to play Darts in the bank league in the city. 
  • Options
    Absolutely unreal.
  • Options
    Speechless.
    I wish Mardle was as well.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Any bets on tonight?

Win - MvG 
    Most 180s - MvG
    Highest checkout - Smith
    kiss that one goodbye me thinks
  • Options
    Best leg of darts there will ever be. Absolutely unreal. The way this is going, it will be one of the best finals ever.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Croydon said:
    philcafc said:
    Would like to see Smith win but difficult to see him beating MVG.
    Same here. Just don't see how anyone beats MVG when he's playing like he is atm
    Simply untouchable in that kind of form, his average for one of the sets last night was 128! How can anyone play against that?

But it could get interesting though if Smith can get ahead early and with the crowd on his side, some pressure builds on MVG. 
    That’s the only way for Smith.
    If MVG takes the darts before Smith, I see only one winner.
    Then again, only see a Dutch winner if I’m honest
    This doesn’t read particularly well either
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Any bets on tonight?

Win - MvG 
    Most 180s - MvG
    Highest checkout - Smith
    kiss that one goodbye me thinks

Plenty of time left yet, this is no where near over.
  • Options
    Not catching him on 180s