Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Incredible, Incredible darts. 
  • Options
    Smith aint ever sleeping again ... I mean 
  • Options
    Brilliant game 
    It had a bit of everything 
  • Options
    Ross Smith missed D5 to win the match, DvD then stepped up to take out 71 and win the match 4-3.

Smith equalled the record for 180s in a best-of-seven World Championship match with 19; van Duijvenbode "only" managed 12.
  • Options
    Crazy game that. Both missed a lot of doubles but Smith will feel sick after that
  • Options
    Incredible match and love Ross Smith wish he could have gone on...Now at work so will miss the rest of the games today.
  • Options
    Rob Cross dismantled Merv King 4-1 :(

Next up: Chizzy v Bunting
  • Options
    Seem to say it every match but another cracker here. 
    Bunting and Chisnall both playing some great darts. 
  • Options
    Lost count of how many 180s have been scored today. 
    Quite remarkable. 
  • Options
    Bunting 4 - 2 Chisnall, with both players averaging over 100.

Only one Round 3 match left to play - Luke Humphries (5) v Vincent van der Voort (28) which is the opening match of this evening's session.

Round 4 line-up:

Gerwyn Price (1) v Jose de Sousa (17)
    Gabriel Clemens (25) v Alan Soutar

Michael Smith (4) v Joe Cullen (13)
    Humphries/vd Voort v Stephen Bunting (21)

Kim Huybrechts (31) v Dimitri Van den Bergh (15)
    Jonny Clayton (7) v Josh Rock

Michael van Gerwen (3) v Dirk van Duijvenbode (14)
    Rob Cross (6) v Chris Dobey (22)

I know MvG is a fairly short favourite with the bookies but I wouldn't be surprised if Cross or Dobey derailed the Green Machine in the quarters

Prediction time ...

QF line-up:

Price v Soutar
    Smith v Humphries
    Dimi v Clayton
    MvG v Cross

Semis:

Price v Smith
    Clayton v Cross

Final:

Smith v Cross

Bully Boy wins his maiden World title.

Not that I'm going to put any of my hard-earned on that sequence! ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good 4-3 win by Luke Humphries after a bit of a comeback by VvdV.

Price v de Sousa coming up (which must surely be more entertaining than what's happening in Oxford right now) and Clayton/Rock to finish off.
  • Options
    Good performance from Bunting there. Into the quarter finals. 
  • Options
    This scorer seriously diminishes my enjoyment of matches 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    This scorer seriously diminishes my enjoyment of matches 
    Absolutely. Utter crettin.  “Win handerd and thertybfaaahivve”. “Wuuuuunhundred and fordeeeeeeeee”. Comical and extremely annoying. He’s getting worse every year. 
  • Options
    Noooooo score
  • Options

Grade A twat.

Looks like a Poundland Princess Leia.
  • Options
    Proper bellend and very against the grain of the whole competition/event.
    Like the quick thinking of table who drew the no headphones round sign
  • Options
    Image result for darts no headphones sign

• Options
    What a prick he is 😀😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first time I can recall really wanting a German/Germany to win.
    Charlton win, Price goes out. Bullseye!
  • Options
    What a prick he is 😀😀

... and he gets stroppy when the crowd show their dislike. If there was any doubt he is a wanker then that doubt has now been removed permanently.
  • Options
    Van Gerwen looked very good, he's getting better as the tournament progresses which is ominous for the others. Van den Bergh will have to play out of his skin to beat him.

Smith was fortunate to win, only a 91 average and Bunting missed so many doubles. But you could argue he's managed to grind out a win without playing how we know he can. He'll have to seriously up his game in the semi though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    What a prick he is 😀😀

... and he gets stroppy when the crowd show their dislike. If there was any doubt he is a wanker then that doubt has now been removed permanently.
    And to be honest, someone giving it to me dressed as Scooby Doo, just wouldn’t work I’m afraid.
  • Options
    As for Price not sure what he was doing, you can't aggressively celebrate winning a leg and goad the crowd and then not expect any stick back. I've seen people posting on twitter saying the crowd are xenophobic but there's tons of foreign players in the tournament and none get stick like him. He gets stick because he acts like a dickhead not because he's Welsh.

To be honest i actually always felt he thrived off the crowd but he's probably only made things worse for himself going forward by doing that as now everyone knows he's easily rattled. Quite ironic really from a guy whose nickname is the Iceman.
    when the crowd are chanting you sheep shagging bastard its bang out of order