Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    The defending champion is out.

Peter Wright dumped on his arse by Kim Huybrechts, 4-1.
    Cant believe it that Wright went out after reading your post. Went to bed after he went 1-0 up and thought thats it.
    He was woeful, even after changing his darts two or three times.

I think he was averaging below 90 at the end of the match and kept hitting single 1 and 5 too many times whereas Huybrechts was steady. At one point Kim had won something like 7 legs out of 8.

What was really good though was the post-match interview - Huybrechts was asked if that was one of his best ever victories, having just beaten Peter Wright the World Champion, he replied that he beat a Peter Wright not the Peter Wright, Snakey would normally play 20 times better than he did against him and would win. "I'm not going to get all cocky and arrogant because I've just beaten the World Champion because he didn't play well. I can only play what's in front of me." That was certainly more refreshing and honest than some of the shite that the likes of Price spout after a match when they are totally dismissive of their opponent.
    Bang on, just caught that interview on TV, very humble indeed and as you say not like big headed price and often van gerwyn with his scoring power comments all the time.
  • Options
    I am going on Friday, a bit of an odd one as a Christmas present so no time for fancy dress and probably getting lift there so not really going to be drinking much either. 

I am sure, i will still enjoy it! but always imagined going with a group of mates and making the most of it.

Josh Rock has looked good, but i can't see past MVG who has won all the major TV events this year (or most at least), wouldn't mind if Bully, Cross, or Rock wins it but i cant dislike MVG after coming back and back in top form again. 
    Takes a brave man to go to the darts sober these days. I feel like everyone else would massively annoy me unless i (like them) had at least 7-8 pints.
    Yeah i know, needs must really. It's awkward to get to places and moneywise needed, a nice xmas present but they didn't really think of the fact i have to get there, pay for drink, travel etc. I do enjoy Darts at least, so hopefully that will help. 
  • Options
    Ryan Searle won the first three sets against Jose de Sousa.

De Sousa then won the last four sets to go through.

That's a shame as I like Searle (and not just because he's a metal fan!).
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Sounds like Anderson being a bad loser again, saying something to dobie during break that dobie didn't like
  • Options
    Didn’t fancy Anderson at all today.
    Fancy all three seeded players tonight, short odds though.
  • Options
    Suljovic playing some fantastic darts. Still behind to MVG but….awesome match
  • Options
    This game has been unreal 
  • Options
    Friggin unbelievable game of darts.

• Options
    Jeez, what a game that was!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This ain’t a bad one either - what a night of arrows.
  • Options
    The last game is pretty good too.
    Bully Boy in a bit of bother!
  • Options
    Bully Boy comes back from 3-1 down to take the match to a deciding set ... and then takes the opening leg.

Today's darts has been mental.
  • Options
    Thought it sells out months in advance? How did so many Germans get tickets on the night a German is playing?
  • Options
    ... and he gets out of jail with a 4-3 win!

Bloody hell!
  • Options
    Incredible bottle from Smith. What an evening of darts!
  • Options
    Thought it sells out months in advance? How did so many Germans get tickets on the night a German is playing?
    Tickets always end up on resale sites 
  • Options
    It was mentioned in commentary last night that the Germans are now here in force every session until the final.
  • Options
    Not a new phenomenon the Germans I’ve been going for 10 years and they are always there in force them and the Dutch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im going to the afternoon session today, always a good day out once you eventually get up that hill 🍺
  • Options
    Im going to the afternoon session today, always a good day out once you eventually get up that hill 🍺
    Enjoy! i am back there in a couple of weeks for snooker and there tomorrow lol that hill is fun :smiley:
  • Options
    Not a new phenomenon the Germans I’ve been going for 10 years and they are always there in force them and the Dutch.
    I think one of the Premier League weeks is held in Germany now. DAZN Germany have the rights to most of the televised competitions, so it's clearly getting pretty big out there 
  • Options
    I always support MVG since I went to a Darts night at The Valley and saw what a great bloke he is.  
  • Options
    They was saying in commentary the other night that one of the german channels had over 1.5m viewers for one of the PDC Champs evening sessions this year
  • Options
    another good game on here 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I think one of the Premier League weeks is held in Germany now. DAZN Germany have the rights to most of the televised competitions, so it's clearly getting pretty big out there 
    The Premier League has had a week in Berlin (as well as Rotterdam) for a while now; last year's finals night was at the Mercedes-Benz Arena instead of the usual venue, the O2.

Next year's Euro Tour consists of 13 events of which eight are being held in Germany (the other five are in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Netherlands). These events act as the qualifying/seeding events for the European Championships, also held in Germany towards the end of the year.

On top of those you also have the World Cup of Darts, held in Frankfurt, so German darts fans have plenty of tournaments on their doorstep throughout the year.
  • Options
    3-3 and 2-2 in the final set ...

Tie-break time ...

• Options
    3-3 and 2-2 in the final set ...

Tie-break time ...

... and into a sudden-death leg at 5-5 ...