Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Luke Littler

Currently smashing it up at the palace as we speak.

He's 16!!!

You will be hearing his name for many years to come!
    I backed him to win the tournament & e/w 30/1 on B365.
  • Options
    Feel bad for Peter Wright but we'll done to Jim Williams 
  • Options
    I feel Wright got what he deserved.
    Every year (of late) he turns up to the World Finals messing around with darts that he's not comfortable with and has to switch them.
    Maybe he's not the only one but he's the only one I know that does it every year.

Perhaps if he acted more professionally, sorted out his darts and spent more time practicing and less time having his hair and beard done, he may recover his previous form.
    At least he'd appear to be acting sensibly if nothing else.
  • Options
    Feel bad for Peter Wright but we'll done to Jim Williams 
    I don’t, the flash prick.
    commented that this game was a training session for when he meets Bernie.
    Bloke is a me me me type.
    Glad the self centred fool is out.
  • Options
    Luke Littler

He's 16!!!

Logic says that when he comes up against the Van Gerwens and Prices experience will probably show.
    But the more I think about it, he was so ice cold for the majority of that match last night I wouldn't put it past him.
  • Options
    There's a few good young talents coming through at the moment but I've never seen anything like that. His side of the draw is looking quite open too so a great chance of progressing
  • Options
    Luke Littler

He's 16!!!

Logic says that when he comes up against the Van Gerwens and Prices experience will probably show.
    But the more I think about it, he was so ice cold for the majority of that match last night I wouldn't put it past him.
    I don't think he'll win it, but the draw has opened up very nicely for him.  Think he can make quarters/semis, which would still be a fantastic achievement at 16
  • Options
    Luke Littler

He's 16!!!

I'm not really expecting him to win/make the final but 30/1 seemed good odds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got to be the oldest looking 16 year old ever ....30 years old
    A bit like the various African football players.

This guy is "27", for instance!

Good on Luke Littler though!

In fairness, I had a mate who looked about 40 at the age of 17. He still looks the same at 45! Haha!
  • Options
    How's he got a belly like that at 16.
    Took me about 40 years. 
    He is so  dedicated 
    Kebabs every night for dinner by the sounds of it. 
  • Options
    Well done Luke Littler.

Bet his wife and kids are well proud of him 
    His older appearance reminds me of when Wayne Rooney made his Everton debut at the age of 32, erm 16.
  • Options
    Well done Luke Littler.

Bet his wife and kids are well proud of him 
    His older appearance reminds me of when Wayne Rooney made his Everton debut at the age of 32, erm 16.
    I said exactly the same thing to my dad tonight!
  • Options
    Some talent though reading about him. This kid could dominate things if he progresses as expected.

Won the youth grand prix (U18 tournament) at the age of 12.
    Won his first senior title at 14. 
    9 dart finish in a tournament at 14.
    Hit an average of 121 in a match at 15.
    Highest ever debut average in the World darts championship at 16.
  • Options
    He could be 40, (maybe he is?) And I'd still be amazed by what he's done in his first tournament so far.

People are making it sound like he's the 'big for his age kid' you used to come up against at Hackney Marshes that used to run rings around your under 11 side but see walking in the pub 3 hours later!
  • Options
    The prodigy that is Luke Littler started playing Darts at 18 months; his older sister had her ears pierced at 3 🤔
    Did it take him 18+ months to hit the target?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Poor Mickey Mansell.

Hit more 180s than Brendan Dolan (5 v 4)

Hit more 140+ than Dolan (27 v 13)

Higher average than Dolan (95.36 v 95.13)

Won more legs than Dolan (15 v 13)

Dolan through to Third Round, winning 3 sets to 2, final set on a tiebreak 6-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The prodigy that is Luke Littler started playing Darts at 18 months; his older sister had her ears pierced at 3 🤔
    Did it take him 18+ months to hit the target?

Wasn't his twin sister 😂
  • Options
    Incredible performance from Ricky Evans to knock out Nathan Aspinall. Been a great 2nd round for knocking out seeded players 
  • Options
    First time there yesterday afternoon.

It was like being in the largest, wildest pub ever!
    Loved it
  • Options
    We've gone annually for more than 10 years.
  • Options
    Last time I went was new years day maybe 2009, got to see Mervyn King v someone and Taylor v Stompe in the quarter finals. What always made me laugh until they assumingly went card only the beer tokens. You'd have bookmakers walking around with wadfuls of cash and nobody paying a blind bit if attention but the beer token place had bullet proof glass, security everywhere as those tokens were the most valuable currency, the only currency in there that mattered. Met Stompe on the way out and he swore as much as you'd expect a dutchman to swear. Gorgeous
  • Options
    We've gone annually for more than 10 years.
    Had to double check that post to be sure you meant you go every year. 
  • Options
    Anderson out and Littler wins the opening set v Barney 
  • Options
    Not sure why the "Luke the Nuke" thread was closed tbh. It's about a specific player and his ongoing progress in the sport, which would get lost in here. 
  • Options
    Not sure why the "Luke the Nuke" thread was closed tbh. It's about a specific player and his ongoing progress in the sport, which would get lost in here. 
    Luke the Nuke will be in this thread for decades to come!!