Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Wed 21 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 2-1 defeat
  • edited December 2016
    It will be a ball achingly jammy bastard choker of a result as usual...
  • Interesting, it's probably been covered on here but I didn't realize Harry Lennon had a groin problem and that was why he'd constantly not made the bench.

For me:
    ...Phillips
    Foley....Bauer....Tex....Fox
    Lookman....Crofts...Freddie.....Chicksen
    .......Ajose......Magennis

What I think KR will do:
    .....Phillips
    Konsa...Bauer....Tex....Fox
    Botaka...Freddie...Crofts...Lookman
    ......Ajose.......Magennis

Bench: Mitov, Rojo, Chicksen, Foley, JJ, Aribo, Hanlan
  • My message to Millwall fan,Danny Baker, Gregg Walace,Daniel Day-Lewis,
    David Haye,sons and grandsons of dockers, Printers, Mad Frankie Fraser (where ever you are looking up from, My Millwall Uncles (where ever you are looking down from) Big Bad world, Sparrows Lane Lion, Gary Oldman,
    Carol from the Bonamy estate ( Just before it was demolished !) Des O'Connor and Tommy Steele.

NO ONE, I mean NO ONE goes 22 YEARS without losing to Charlton Athletic.

Des O'Connor supports Northampton.
  • My message to Millwall fan,Danny Baker, Gregg Walace,Daniel Day-Lewis,
    David Haye,sons and grandsons of dockers, Printers, Mad Frankie Fraser (where ever you are looking up from, My Millwall Uncles (where ever you are looking down from) Big Bad world, Sparrows Lane Lion, Gary Oldman,
    Carol from the Bonamy estate ( Just before it was demolished !) Des O'Connor and Tommy Steele.

NO ONE, I mean NO ONE goes 22 YEARS without losing to Charlton Athletic.

Blake Harrison (AKA Neil Sutherland from the Inbtweeners is Millwall).
  • Phillips
    Foley Bauer Tex Konsa Chicksen
    Crofts Jacko Fred
    Lookie
    Magennis
  • edited December 2016

Phillips
    Foley Bauer Tex Konsa Chicksen
    Crofts Jacko Fred
    Lookie
    Magennis

5-3-2 certainly makes a fair amount of sense, but I worry about that midfield. Any central midfield with Crofts and Jackson is going to be overrun with pace and movement, even if there's a third in there.
  • 2-1 away win
  • 1-1 score draw...

We'll take the lead giving us that horrible fickle hope yet in the 90th min Jordan Archer will dribble all the way through our team before stopping the ball on the line and will then go down on his hands and knees heading the ball into our goal, school playground style
  • Sponsored links:

• In pub at London Bridge. Got a good feeling about today. 1-2
  • Any pubs around London Bridge that's likely to have a big Charlton contingent?

In view of the opposition do you think that this is a sensible post

• redbuttle said:

Any pubs around London Bridge that's likely to have a big Charlton contingent?

In view of the opposition do you think that this is a sensible post

No sir.

Sorry sir.

Won't happen again sir.

But if you find any let me know.
  • 2-1 to you lot or 1-1. Hopefully the latter. Can get just short of 3's on Charlton. Good odds. Some key players missing for us or not match fit.
  • Well if I had the choice hopefully we'll beat you but given the two score lines I'm thinking it's most likely to be I'd take the 1-1
  • Someone of cafe Facebook page saying Robinson had claimed there was an additional injury tonight (presumably heard in last nights interview?)

And for those asking for spare tickets, been told there was a few tickets in the Charlton end returned to the club this morning... whether they're still available I don't know
  • sammy391 said:

Someone of cafe Facebook page saying Robinson had claimed there was an additional injury tonight (presumably heard in last nights interview?)

And for those asking for spare tickets, been told there was a few tickets in the Charlton end returned to the club this morning... whether they're still available I don't know

::Prays Roger Johnson voodoo dolls has started working::
  • MrLargo said:

Omens:

Walking my dog round Peckham Rye Park this morning, Millwall territory.

I've seen two red robins, a dog playing with an orange ball and a discarded bottle of Grant's whisky.

If that isn't eerie enough, a little bit further on my dog was sniffing around the bushes and found a used rubber Johnnie.

Probably a meaningless coincidence, but I'm hoping it's a subliminal message that we're gonna win 1-0 with a Johnnie Jackson goal.

Anyway, I've kept my discovery as a lucky charm, so if you see a bloke with a used condom tied around his wrist at The Toolbox tonight, please come over and say hello.

I bet when you got home, you switched on the tele and Jermey Kyle was on....
  • I've just watched Robinson's interview and he sounds like a broken man compared to his enthusiasm up to now. He's struggling to find any words to say. The change in his attitude is amazing. He's coming across as though he knows this game is going to define his career with us. I don't want to say this but it almost feels as though he things he is going to get sacked tomorrow.

Maybe something as happened or been said and he now realises that the job is going to be much harder than he thought. Maybe he's been told what players he'll be getting in January, or more accurately what he is not getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spanish said:

MrLargo said:

Omens:

Walking my dog round Peckham Rye Park this morning, Millwall territory.

I've seen two red robins, a dog playing with an orange ball and a discarded bottle of Grant's whisky.

If that isn't eerie enough, a little bit further on my dog was sniffing around the bushes and found a used rubber Johnnie.

Probably a meaningless coincidence, but I'm hoping it's a subliminal message that we're gonna win 1-0 with a Johnnie Jackson goal.

Anyway, I've kept my discovery as a lucky charm, so if you see a bloke with a used condom tied around his wrist at The Toolbox tonight, please come over and say hello.

I bet when you got home, you switched on the tele and Jermey Kyle was on....
    Ha, ha, yep and followed by back to back episodes of Crimewatch.

It's written in the stars....
  • edited December 2016

I've just watched Robinson's interview and he sounds like a broken man compared to his enthusiasm up to now. He's struggling to find any words to say. The change in his attitude is amazing. He's coming across as though he knows this game is going to define his career with us. I don't want to say this but it almost feels as though he things he is going to get sacked tomorrow.

Maybe something as happened or been said and he now realises that the job is going to be much harder than he thought. Maybe he's been told what players he'll be getting in January, or more accurately what he is not getting.

Got to be the least animated I have seen him so far, no passion and almost looks defeated ...already!
  • SDAddick said:

2-1 to you lot or 1-1. Hopefully the latter. Can get just short of 3's on Charlton. Good odds. Some key players missing for us or not match fit.

Look at this guy, coming over here and mocking us with false hope and trying to draw us into losing money on it as well! ;)
    it's cos his mum won't let him go.
  • Well he's come in all billy-big bollocks and we've scored one goal in four games, without a win. Maybe being understated will suit him better? Maybe he has just been told that NightMeire lied to him and Lookman and Konsa will be off on Jan 1st, so he can't play them, and he's not getting any of that money to spend. Maybe he has had some sound advice from Roland about tactics bearing in mind he is new to the club and Roland's scouts know the players better than he does? Maybe he's been told he would be stupid not to take that advice? Maybe someone has clocked him on the nose? Massive game, massive club, massive dick of an owner and a CEO massively out of her depth. Wouldn't be surprised to see a massive defeat...
  • Robison has said he wants actions rather than sound bites ahead of tonight's game ... yes really
  • I worked in Kent in 1995 with a Millwall supporter, who was rather loud and kept reminding me how they kept beating us. Unfortunately, after 5 years of listening to his piss taking, he left two weeks before our first derby game this season, never forgiven him for not being able to give some back
  • edited December 2016
    The Only Millwall game(against CAFC) i have missed in the last 30 years was 5th Dec 1995! (Car trouble) So i thought i would give this one a miss,to give the boys a chance. BUT as this is now a mid week game, my son's girl friend can't make it, so i will be there.

This better not spoil my Xmas like it screwed up my Easter when solly's hand of Satan happened and we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Got 1-1 draw written all over it but with it being Millwall they'll probably get a last minute winner and win 2-1...
  • Cannot see past a 4-0 defeat as our side is so poor on the best of days. Merry Christmas Millwall.