Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Wed 21 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• masicat said:

Way back 30 odd years ago I decided I wouldn't go again to the Den. However, on this particular Saturday I cracked about 2pm and drove to the Den parking near the slums and thinking I will never see my car with 4 wheels again. I got in just in time, but through the wrong entrance. Rushed up the stairs right on kick off and found myself right in the middle of the Neanderthals. I spent the entire game there playing my part. I sang "there won't be many going home" and other similar songs. I even gave the wanker sign on numerous occasions to the travelling fans decked in their red and white. ( which I also did last Saturday when they booed Fox ). I celebrated the Millwall goal like I would celebrate Roland selling today. Then, the worst thing happened. We equalised right at the end , I think it was our Scottish right back whose name escapes me. The anger and disappointment I had to fake has stayed with me to this day. I exited with the Millwall crowd and very nearly got in a scrap with some Charlton supporters before I escaped to my car. My lack of any colours at all made me feel very vulnerable.
    So, won't be going Wednesday. Haven't been since. 3-0 Charlton.

That's some dedicated stealth blend in ability.
    Even getting in a scrap with Charlton fans to leave absolutely no doubt.

Whatever your job is, your in the wrong job.

Going "undercover" was your calling.

• That heart-beat of our midfield, Crofts, is the latest player wheeled out on the OS to tell us they are all up for it and determined to be the side that beats the Lions. Crofts offs. I expect total silence come Thursday/ Someone will mention quick revenge in the return at the Valley where we are so dominant in home games....
  • That heart-beat of our midfield, Crofts, is the latest player wheeled out on the OS to tell us they are all up for it and determined to be the side that beats the Lions. Crofts offs. I expect total silence come Thursday/ Someone will mention quick revenge in the return at the Valley where we are so dominant in home games....

He's a good example to wheel out as other than Dillon Phillips (Hornchurch) he's our most local player so knows what this fixture will mean - Just wish they'd shut up with the comments prior to the match, just go out there and do it with no pressure on yourselves!!
  • My Millwall buddy told me that they are very shaky in defense; particularly the LB who is extremely dodgy.
    I am not sure playing Ajose and Lookman is a good idea; equally not sure whether some of our players will be up for it. 2-1 to them.
  • 1-0 to the Addicks, i'm hoping more then predicting :) COYR
  • Suspect that at the final whistle - after suffering the annual humiliating loss - locked in and the rain pissing down all of us there might think old Roland was right after all.
  • redsek said:

Suspect that at the final whistle - after suffering the annual humiliating loss - locked in and the rain pissing down all of us there might think old Roland was right after all.

Locked in? Rain? At least we'll stay dry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Expectations seem to be low. I expect they will remain low for the return at The Valley.
  • redsek said:

Suspect that at the final whistle - after suffering the annual humiliating loss - locked in and the rain pissing down all of us there might think old Roland was right after all.

No, they kick you out of the stand, and leave you standing in the rain behind locked gates. Stay safe all those that are going, once was enough for me.
  • stevec said:

Anyone remember Keith Weller playing for Millwallies? If so bad omen, we lose again.

Weller, Possee, Dunphy. Cripps, Kitchener, Burnett .. that line up still haunts my nightmares ..
    Weller was a superb player, released by Tottenham .. later played with Len Glover at Leicester .. went to live and work in the USA and died quite young
    Remember watching Alex Stepney as well, a little earlier.

• redsek said:

Depends on the direction of the rain!
  • redsek said:

redsek said:

Depends on the direction of the rain!
    True. But after the game we could stay in the concourse if they let us.
  • Dansk_Red said:

redsek said:

No, they kick you out of the stand, and leave you standing in the rain behind locked gates. Stay safe all those that are going, once was enough for me.
    Once at Millwall I can understand people feeling like that. But they will probably kick us out amd make us wait on exposed to the elememts cowards alley.
  • We will lose.

The only question is by how many.
  • the return game would be a great one to stick 2 fingers up at the regime its a game they will be banking on selling shedloads for, really not looking forward to the game now, dont think weve got a chance how many times have we heard were gonna do it this time, and its all worth jack.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 home win, nothing changes
  • the return game would be a great one to stick 2 fingers up at the regime its a game they will be banking on selling shedloads for, really not looking forward to the game now, dont think weve got a chance how many times have we heard were gonna do it this time, and its all worth jack.

home game should be a protest game as we can rely on Millwall chucking whatever comes to hand onto the pitch.
  • Saturday was dreadful and it looked as if our players were not impressed by the new manager-who let us not forget has presided over 2 losses and 2 draws and only one goal since he took over a winning team.
    We are in for a hard winter and I fear it will really set in tomorrow night.

• To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin:

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and defeat by the Spanners.

We could put out a team boasting a forward line of Messi, Ronaldo and Bale and we'd still lose.

A Charlton win would probably fracture the space-time continuum and end the universe as we know it.
  • edited December 2016
    hi all - apologies for cross-posting, but the tickets thread seems to have slipped down the messageboard since this morning

a couple of mates that were supposed to be joining us tomorrow have had to drop out last-minute. if anyone's looking for tickets I have two spare which are yours for face value.

inbox me if interested!

EDIT: These have gone - cheers
  • It's set in the stars for KR's first win to be against Millwall.. Then with that confidence we will go on a winning run!

we can hope...
  • It's set in the stars for KR's first win to be against Millwall.. Then with that confidence we will go on a winning run!

we can hope...

Not an away League game against his former employers?
  • RedChaser said:

@masicat Mark Reid (left back) ? Balmer and Shields (right backs) were later on.

Shields probably