Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Wed 21 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• RedChaser said:

@masicat Mark Reid (left back) ? Balmer and Shields (right backs) were later on.

Mark Reid indeed.
  • Classic set up for a thumping. 3-1 Millwall
  • bellz2002 said:

This will be my first ever visit to Millwall so hopefully will be a lucky omen. Going on the CAS Trust coach and will have a good time. Losing is expected but this is the season for inexplicable things to happen.

Going by coach?

• bellz2002 said:

This will be my first ever visit to Millwall so hopefully will be a lucky omen. Going on the CAS Trust coach and will have a good time. Losing is expected but this is the season for inexplicable things to happen.

Going by coach?

• oh fuck, do we have to?
  • Unless there is a quadrupling of effort, skill and application Charlton v Millwall this week will be like Alistair Cook's current England test cricket XI given the task of slowing India's scoring rate and could be as bad as that team needing to take wickets. If 'wall put their backs into it 759 for 7 declared and 303 not out will look like so much fuss about nothing. I've seen nothing in KR's teams so far to inspire anything other than resignation. It could get ugly.
    Happy Christmas one and all, keep smilin'
  • I wonder how many of Roland's stupid people will be there
  • That central midfield is woefully inadequate. 2-0 to Millwall
  • What with Santa's pre match routine in full swing, he might just have an early pressy for us, the posh work rate saw us fairly easily Saturday, and I think they try a similar game, match their effort and hit em late on, JM 0-1 if he can avoid the post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Routine home win, Mrs Robinson's early enthusiasm starts to wane.
  • I like your selection @ForeverAddickted .. with one caveat .. Millwall have a couple of youngsters who I reckon would make it a point of pride to put Lookman right off his game and get involved in petulance and silliness .. I'd go for Botaka on the right, otherwise a good mix of stable defence and attack (we hope)

Millwall has a lot of pace in the side but when I saw them they looked light up front and surprisingly fragile at the back, especially in the air ...
    we all know they will bust a gut to do us and we need to be in the same frame of mind .. it could be a cracker of a game

Getting boring this but I'd be happy with a point .. we've gained some good one pointers this season at (e.g.) Scunthorpe and Bradford, let's keep it up away from home

Millwall 0 v CAFC 0
  • I can't see anything other than a Millwall win.
  • 2-1 loss, freezing night at the den.

Is it gonna be cold on Wednesday?
  • Stroud 4th official :(
  • Can't believe no-one's noticed who will be the ref on Weds night !

Forget Chas & Dave.....here's Chris & Steve ....

There's a "homer" if ever I saw one !

:smile:
  • Hope he can get the players up for it otherwise fear what might happen.
  • Jobsworth Stewards!
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson has no idea what's coming. He could have the entire premier leauge to pack his team from and the following will happen.

As the get off the bus, every piece of footballing talent they ever had starts to ebb away, they are hypnotised into the believe, we are 11 girls who have never kicked a ball in our lives. It's cold and there's bad men shouting at me, I don't want to be here. I can't, run or jump or even stand up for long without falling over. An those people up top down the away end are saying I'm shit and not fit to wear the shirt, they are as bad as the other nasty men.

Basically same old shit. Team will NOT turn up, God knows why we do.

Lose 2-0 maybe 3-0

Teams going to turn up this year; Hard fought 1 Nil win. Maggenis writes himself into folklore
  • Robinson has no idea what's coming. He could have the entire premier leauge to pack his team from and the following will happen.

As the get off the bus, every piece of footballing talent they ever had starts to ebb away, they are hypnotised into the believe, we are 11 girls who have never kicked a ball in our lives. It's cold and there's bad men shouting at me, I don't want to be here. I can't, run or jump or even stand up for long without falling over. An those people up top down the away end are saying I'm shit and not fit to wear the shirt, they are as bad as the other nasty men.

Basically same old shit. Team will NOT turn up, God knows why we do.

Lose 2-0 maybe 3-0

Teams going to turn up this year; Hard fought 1 Nil win. Maggenis writes himself into folklore
    Cant be much of a folklore if people cant spell Josh's name properly ;)
  • Ha I could correct it but shall leave it as it stands
  • edited December 2016

Rudd
    Foley Bauer Tex Fox
    Lookman Jacko Crofts Ulvestad Chicksen
    Magennis

Surely a reaction after Saturday.

1-0 CAFC.

Still naively excited

Now where have I seen that team line up before? ;-)

Honestly think that's the best we can start with and have more 'attacking' options on the bench.

I think we will score as their defence is awful. Just depends on if we manage to keep it tight and compact out of possession. Frustrating the Millwall fans with a lack of space for their players to exploit will also play into our hands too.

All depends on whether these set of players have the balls to stand up and be counted for in a different kind of atmosphere, proven time and again in the past that's where we cave in.
  • Ajose equalise saves our blushes

I'll be there
  • Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttsssss chrissssssssstmassssssss 3-0 Charlton
  • MrLargo said:

A few things that have happened since we last won at The Toolbox:

Michael Owen's entire football career
    Marcus Rashford's entire life (ongoing, he's not dead)
    My entire sexual career (not ongoing, apparently very dead)
    The rise and fall of New Labour
    The internet age, the magnificently easy availability of an infinite number of "educational" films
    Chris Powell's entire Charlton playing career and the first of his two spells as Charlton manager
    Disappearance of cassettes and videos
    Arrival of mobile phones, smart phones, tablets, mp3s
    Increase in the number of free-to-air tv channels from 4 in 1995 to bloody loads now
    An approximately 10-fold increase in the average price of a terraced house in SE7, from roughly £70k in 1995 to absolutely shedloads now.

Anyway, we're terrible and so are they, so obviously the most likely outcome is a thoroughly miserable evening, a resounding home win following yet another pathetic capitulation, and 2000 or so Charlton supporters being imprisoned for an extra half an hour's torture whilst the locals are ushered back to their caves.

Prediction: probably 7 -0 to the scum, but maybe, just maybe, Johnnie Jackson might climb off the bench to head home a late winner and consign the "Come in No. 4 your time is up" thread to permanent redundancy.

Bill Clinton was still in his 1st trem in the Oval Office.