Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Madness at The Roundhouse 7/10.
    Somewhat self indulgent. 

Poor start 0-1 down.
    Improved after the set change 1-1.

More self indulgence 1-2 down.

A late expected comeback levels the score, before an added time winner with My Girl & Nightboat to Cairo. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I saw The Libertines at Brixton Academy last night.
    Carl Barat took centre stage with flat capped Pete Docherty taking more of a supporting role.
    Excellent overall 8/10. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Saw 'Eat The Evidence' and 'Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly' at the Half Moon, Putney yesterday.
    Get Cape were extremely good, excellent songs, front man with real presence and a great voice.
    Was a massive gig goer from '69 til around '82 when I stopped abruptly for some reason. Since then have been to the occasional gig, but none really engaged me, but last night really did. Maybe I'm getting younger.
    Eat The Evidence were fun, some of the spirit of punk/New Wave, but a bit more bouncy. Tories shop in Wait -er-rose was the standout from the two songs I saw. Also met Matt Stevens of cycling repute and 'Kenny van Vlaminck' alter ego fame. Lovely bloke.

And for you soul fans, Kokomo are playing a couple of rare gigs in mid Feb (20th & 21st) - selling out fast!

https://tickets.halfmoon.co.uk/events/2019-02-21-kokomo-half-moon-putney
  • Options
    Went to see Cheap Trick tonight. For a bunch of of old guys, they can still put on a show. Always good to see the 5-neck guitar make an appearance. 
  • Options
    Was waiting for The Orchard to confirm Shakatak at the start of October. Finally confirmed it during the week & .....it's as support for The Real Thing. Would've thought it would be the other way round. Gutted as fancied seeing Shakatak(only)live. Got Go West in July which includes "an audience with". Peter Cox very underrated.
  • Options
    Madness at The Roundhouse 7/10.
    Somewhat self indulgent. 

Poor start 0-1 down.
    Improved after the set change 1-1.

More self indulgence 1-2 down.

A late expected comeback levels the score, before an added time winner with My Girl & Nightboat to Cairo. 
    I'm seeing Madness next month. Didn't go out of my way to see them, just happen to be there so thought, 'why not'.

Never seen them before, and not necessarily my thing, but they were from my 'era' I guess, so I thought I'd give it a go. 
  • Options
    Saw Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs last week, Razorlight were very very good, Kaiser Chiefs slightly upstaged,

saw Madonna at the London Palladium in Thursday. One for the real Madonna fans which unfortunately was neither my girlfriend nor me. Not very impressed, 
  • Options
    Saw Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs last week, Razorlight were very very good, Kaiser Chiefs slightly upstaged,

saw Madonna at the London Palladium in Thursday. One for the real Madonna fans which unfortunately was neither my girlfriend nor me. Not very impressed, 
    Surprised how many Razorlight songs I knew, also liked the intro to America.
  • Options
    Strokes at Roundhouse next Wednesday, tickets on sale Friday but can't see price, anyone know ?
  • Options
    Just got out from seeing The Who do an acoustic set at Prizym, Kingston. What a night.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got out from seeing The Who do an acoustic set at Prizym, Kingston. What a night.

But are they Sunderland fans?
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Strokes at Roundhouse next Wednesday, tickets on sale Friday but can't see price, anyone know ?
    Nothing announced & Ticketmaster saying will only be when the sale is opened on Friday at 10am.
  • Options
    10am or 1pm??
  • Options
    Went to see The Musical Box performing their Genesis Extravaganza show.
    Most selections were from Foxtrot, Selling England and Lamb lies Down.
    Beautifully performed - they are a really talented bunch.
    If you are into Peter Gabriel era Genesis you will love it, but I must admit it did rather remind me why punk was invented 
  • Options
    Salad said:
    £61.85 a pop on the O2 presale
  • Options
    wtf?! Glad I didn't bother.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    wtf?! Glad I didn't bother.
    my thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    Is this it?
  • Options
    Saw Joe Brown at Leas Cliff Hall Folkestone last night. He was class. Great music, great patter and worked his way through a stack of instrument including a fiddle. See him if you can this is the farewell tour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    New Paul Weller album (On Sunset) and tour announced this morning.  Will get to the London dates at Brixton and Kentish Town.  
  • Options
    Editors at Wembley Arena this Friday.
  • Options
    Editors - very good 7/10.
    Keep rocking. 
  • Options
    Fontaines DC very good this week.
    New material different, less fiery, more like The Horrors perhaps.
  • Options
    Saw the Lurkers and Broken Idles at the Hope and Anchor last night. They look old and knackered like me but it was 100mph punk and great way to forget about football. Idles playing there again next week. If you are old school punk get there and have a blast
  • Options
    Saw The Script last night at the O2. Can’t say they impressed me but my girlfriend thinks they are great and enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Seeing Stereophonics on Friday night at the O2.

Did look at tickets for Van Morrison with The Waterboys as guests in Saffron Warden, but standing tickets are £65.
  • Options
    Do we have to come up with some imaginary gigs to match the made up match threads? 
    Last real gig for probably some time - last Friday Elvis Costello at Hammersmith - a great one to take into gig hibernation 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Was due to see Ash at the Roundhouse next week and really gutted it's been postponed. Instead I'm planning to get drunk, dance around the living room and sing really loudly!