Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Went to my first gig since Feb 2020 last night, Chris Pope from The Chords and The Purple Hearts at a club in Colchester. Was a last minute decision and glad we did as it was a great gig and so nice to see live music again.
    Used to love the Chords. 
    My favourite Mod revival band. They’re both playing at the 100 Club along with Squire in October. 
    Might have some of that. Back in the day when I saw them at the Rainbow in the early eighties, three of the bands groupies mistakenly thought I was Brett, the lead singer.
  • Options
    Went to my first gig since Feb 2020 last night, Chris Pope from The Chords and The Purple Hearts at a club in Colchester. Was a last minute decision and glad we did as it was a great gig and so nice to see live music again.
    Used to love the Chords. 
    My favourite Mod revival band. They’re both playing at the 100 Club along with Squire in October. 
    Might have some of that. Back in the day when I saw them at the Rainbow in the early eighties, three of the bands groupies mistakenly thought I was Brett, the lead singer.
    Brett (Buddy) Ascot was the drummer mate. I went to his 60th Birthday do at the 100 a couple of years ago. He played with 6 of the bands he’d played with in his career (including my mates) including the Chords, minus Chris Pope as they don’t get on now. The singer came over from Japan for it. 
  • Options
    So this is a new experience. While I’m sitting in the bar, drinking a Brooklyn Bel Air Sour and eating jerk wings with zatar fries, I’m watching the first band on tonight’s three band line up on CCTV. 

I’m not sure if this is peak rock’n’roll, or it’s final demise. 

• Options
    Ren Harvieu in Preston last night. National lottery revive live gig - she is magic.
  • Options
    Squeeze tonight in Portland, Maine. Excellent show, but why was Tilbrook wearing this homage to Catford Southend

• Options
    Used to love the Chords. 
    Brett (Buddy) Ascot was the drummer mate. I went to his 60th Birthday do at the 100 a couple of years ago. He played with 6 of the bands he’d played with in his career (including my mates) including the Chords, minus Chris Pope as they don’t get on now. The singer came over from Japan for it. 
    My mate Sandy plays guitar in the Chords UK (Pope's version) so seen them a couple of times. Bit surreal seeing him a band I loved on Peel back in 1980.

• Options
    Just bagged tickets to see Liam Gallagher at knebworth Friday 3rd June. 
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    Used to love the Chords. 
    My mate Sandy plays guitar in the Chords UK (Pope's version) so seen them a couple of times. Bit surreal seeing him a band I loved on Peel back in 1980.

I’m seeing him on Sunday as support to The Purple Hearts (think he’s doing a solo set not a Chords UK one)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Awesome mate!! I managed to get tickets for the Saturday. Do you know if its possible to get a train to Knebworth??
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Awesome mate!! I managed to get tickets for the Saturday. Do you know if its possible to get a train to Knebworth??
    Yeah man, there's a station there. Imagine there will be shuttle busses... certainly wont be in any state to drive home 😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Yeah man, there's a station there. Imagine there will be shuttle busses... certainly wont be in any state to drive home 😅
    Very true!! I defo wont be in a state to drive home. I saw Oasis at Knebworth which feels like it was a couple of years ago, but I was 16 & it was 25 years ago!! Mental. Anyway roll on next summer, I can't wait for this one!!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Very true!! I defo wont be in a state to drive home. I saw Oasis at Knebworth which feels like it was a couple of years ago, but I was 16 & it was 25 years ago!! Mental. Anyway roll on next summer, I can't wait for this one!!
    I was only 13 and missed that, can not wait. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    TelMc32 said:
    Seeing Liam with the Foo Fighters and The National in Lisbon next June.  Madness/Squeeze in December at The O2 next at the moment. 
    I’m off to Cork to see The National next year. Good live band.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Used to love the Chords. 
    What a great gig. Squire pulled out due to illness but Chris Pope and Purple Hearts were fantastic. 

Not every day you meet two fucking legends at the same time, Chris Pope + Rick Buckler (who was in the crowd)

• Options
    Just been asked to go and see Coldplay tomorrow night by a girl from work (ex-work as I left 2 weeks ago). 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Just been asked to go and see Coldplay tomorrow night by a girl from work (ex-work as I left 2 weeks ago). 

Really good night, with a couple of special guests. Simon Pegg made the intros & Ed Sheeran popped in for a few tracks. 
  • Options

TelMc32 said:
    TelMc32 said:

Really good night, with a couple of special guests. Simon Pegg made the intros & Ed Sheeran popped in for a few tracks. 

I hope you took big deep breaths of all that middle class rage!! 
  • Options

TelMc32 said:
    TelMc32 said:

I just enjoyed it for what it was, a night out in good company 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options

TelMc32 said:
    TelMc32 said:

Lots of ocado deliveries canceled that night  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to sees Steve Hackett at the Fairfield Halls last week. Defiantly a certain age group there, I felt quite spritely.
  • Options
    By way of confirming my catholic tastes in music, went to see Jethro Tull last week and am booked to see The Dandy Warhols in February and Sparks next easter.  :)
  • Options
    those coil not a great Coldplay fan but the missus has seen them live and rates them as a live act. I joined the queue for that gig at the shepherd bush empire on ticketmaster, 20000 people ahead of me for a 2000 capacity venue. Fucking mad. 
  • Options
    Oh and that was with an album presale code an all.
  • Options
    Oh and that was with an album presale code an all.
    You didn't need to buy the album for the code. Just click on the "No purchase necessary" link.
  • Options
    Anyone remember Wasted Youth from the Bridge House over at Caning town? 40 years after their last gig at the Venue Victoria they are playing a gig in London! Haha, I can't imagine what they will be like, wasted youth in their 60s. The drummer and bass player are both dead and it's remarkable that the singer and guitarist are still alive the amount of drugs they did. Still loved the at that time. Great memories of some great gigs. 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Anyone remember Wasted Youth from the Bridge House over at Caning town? 40 years after their last gig at the Venue Victoria they are playing a gig in London! Haha, I can't imagine what they will be like, wasted youth in their 60s. The drummer and bass player are both dead and it's remarkable that the singer and guitarist are still alive the amount of drugs they did. Still loved the at that time. Great memories of some great gigs. 
    Blimey, blast from the past.
    Was going to The Bridge House quite a lot in the early 80s, saw The Damned, Cockney Rejects and Rory Gallagher there on different occasions (Gallagher was doing a warm up night for his (I think) 6 nights at Hammersmith Odeon).
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:

I Saw Depeche Mode Play There Back In The Day .
  • Options
    Great venue. Can't remember all the bands I saw. 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Wow, yes. I saw them 3 or 4 times and, I think, twice at Canning Town although it might have Dagenham Roundhouse on one occasion. Can’t imagine what they will be like now.