Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Simonsen said:
    He'll still get the same big money every week and presumably thinks he will play every week (we will see).

Players don't normally give a shit about how big the ground is, as long as the pitch is ok and they can have their own creature comforts. 
    I haven't googled where his new team are based. He is from Kent and the journey back on Eurostar may be quicker and easier than driving up and down the m4 from cardiff to visit family. 

Oostende used to have ferries to Dover and Ramsgate, but not any more, so he'd have to join the queues on the French crossings...

The Eurostar from Brussels is a long way from Oostende
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    He'll still get the same big money every week and presumably thinks he will play every week (we will see).

Players don't normally give a shit about how big the ground is, as long as the pitch is ok and they can have their own creature comforts. 
    I haven't googled where his new team are based. He is from Kent and the journey back on Eurostar may be quicker and easier than driving up and down the m4 from cardiff to visit family. 

Oostende used to have ferries to Dover and Ramsgate, but not any more, so he'd have to join the queues on the French crossings...

I think if you get the Eurostar to Brussels , your ticket includes any onward travel to any train station in Belgium 
  • Options
    Quicker to go to Lille than Brussels from Oostende
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I think if you get the Eurostar to Brussels , your ticket includes any onward travel to any train station in Belgium 
    That's right. Metro/Tram/Ice/Thalys excluded but can get yourself to "Any" Belgian station.
  • Options
    Ostende - not the prettiest. High risers on sand always looks bleurg to me, but some nice smaller coastal towns local.
  • Options
    Haha, we are off to De Haan 1st weekend in August for a week. Got tickets for Ostend Ghent. May have to bring a Charlton scarf now
  • Options
    Superb shot stopper but could not command his area at all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he has enjoyed the money since moving on from the club he supported as a kid. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Hope he has enjoyed the money since moving on from the club he supported as a kid. 
    So you don’t agree that was the correct move for footballing reasons ? 
    We were/are still a shit show of a club 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Anyone who didn’t leave us would have been showing a distinct lack of ambition .
     get out of our shithouse asap I’d say
    and make hay while the sun shines , your heating bill won’t be paid in 15 years time because you stayed at Charlton in their worst footballing period in their history 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    A bit harsh. He had a better offer and we were going through a particularly train wrecky phase as a club. It wasn't an unreasonable decision. 
    “were”?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Dillon is now 27 so for a goalkeeper he should be hitting his peak. His next move is probably the most important of his career so far. Hope it’s a good one for him. I’m not usually one for looking at ex Charlton players to bring back but I’d take him like a shot. He can do better than us though.
  • Options
    Dillon is now 27 so for a goalkeeper he should be hitting his peak. His next move is probably the most important of his career so far. Hope it’s a good one for him. I’m not usually one for looking at ex Charlton players to bring back but I’d take him like a shot. He can do better than us though.
    At the moment,  provided we can hang onto Maynard-Brewer,  we really don't need him.

A shame because I liked him and would  have been pleased to see him come back one day.
  • Options
    His loan spell hasn't gone very well. Next move is crucial.

Surprised he hasn't done better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bide our time, in the next year or two we can get get him and karlan grant back on frees. That proves what a visionary roland was, sell cheap in the hope they under achieve and get them back Bonne style.

and yes, this is a sarcastic post and isn't serious
  • Options
    It’s always hard for goalkeepers. Only one has the jersey and usually it’s pretty tough for the number two to make the breakthrough unless the incumbent has a disastrous run of form or more likely through injury. AMB seems like a good prospect but if Jojo hadn’t broken his finger I think it more than likely that he’d still have the shirt. Wollacott is a number one at our level and I expect him to want out this summer. Easier for Championship or PL clubs to retain two good custodians than a shitty third tier club. I’m fully expecting AMB to remain our number one until he is sold which will probably be at the end of next season. Back on track. I hope Dillon signs for a club that brings him in as number one. More than likely at our level. 
  • Options
    From our 2019/20 squad, of the players we actually owned, Tom Lockyer surprisingly is doing the best on the pitch at the moment, a regular in a very good Luton side
  • Options
    Good shot stopper. Damn awful with the ball at feet and commanding his line. 

The latter two traits being what has halted his progression up the ladder.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Not sure the commanding his line was that terrible .  
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Didn't realise he was a Charlton fan as a kid but that is very harsh.  Played quite a lot of games for us. Part of a promotion winning team. Sold for £300K when we were a mess.  He had more than repaid us and shown decent loyalty and patience waiting for his spot whilst we put some pretty ordinary loan keepers ahead of him to start with.  Big personality, really like him.  Hope he goes on to have a good career.
    I agree with all of this apart from the "ordinary loan keepers" Rudd and Amos have both had better carriers since leaving us than Philips has and Steer has probably made far more money.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Sorry to comment twice but who are the keepers that have played like Ederson with their feet for us ?  Hamer was good as was Steer.  Otherwise I’m struggling .  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:

Sorry to comment twice but who are the keepers that have played like Ederson with their feet for us ?  Hamer was good as was Steer.  Otherwise I’m struggling .  
    Wollacott? 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:

Wollacott? 
    He’s a bit too flappy with his hands for my liking