Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I just can’t believe there are posters who are gonna go to the lengths of producing there own data to prove a point..............oh well, maybe it’s the thing to do nowadays but daft if you ask me.
  • Options
    The point blank one was a great save, the one he tipped over the bar was World class.
    Yes, the tip over the bar was brilliant, but actually thought the point blank was relatively simple as it was straight at him - he would have have been disappointed if he hadnt got it.
    You have to be there. Anticipate where to be. The rest is simple as the ball hits you.
  • Options
    Has been named in the EFL team of the week
  • Options
    I just can’t believe there are posters who are gonna go to the lengths of producing there own data to prove a point..............oh well, maybe it’s the thing to do nowadays but daft if you ask me.
    It's not about 'proving a point' or whatever you want to label it as. It's merely for everybody to get a clearer insight into his distribution, which has long been the subject of conversation in this forum.
  • Options
    There are no highlights showing phillips save towards the end?
  • Options
    Being super critical he should've gone with his left hand for the first goal. One sloppy kick out of play was all I noticed. Other than that kept us in it. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Being super critical he should've gone with his left hand for the first goal. One sloppy kick out of play was all I noticed. Other than that kept us in it. 
    I agree. I said that to my father when the goal went in. Made up for it though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #brexitbritain
  • Options
    Has been named in the EFL team of the week

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Anyone saying he could have reached the first doesn't understand the pace and placement of it. He had no chance.

Sarr or JFC should have got there first so Cavaleiro couldn't get his shot off so easily.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone saying he could have reached the first doesn't understand the pace and placement of it. He had no chance.

Sarr or JFC should have got there first so Cavaleiro couldn't get his shot off so easily.
    Sarr should have taken the yellow card
  • Options
    Agree.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He did reach it, just not enough. It's obvious that the reach is reduced when crossing an arm so it didn't help his chances. 
  • Options
    Yeah, awful that, researching and providing facts to support an argument. On a discussion forum no less. Makes me sick.
    Sorry to have spoilt your day Garry. :/
  • Options
    But it is a good point Garry makes. Why can't people do the sort of thing we should welcome on a discussion forum without being criticised. It wasn't useless analysis, it was interesting, and countered a view some people have of Phillips pretty well.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

The mere fact he got his hand to it tells us he might have saved it. It was saveable, but it'd have taken a hell of a stop so it's not reasonable for people to he should have saved. It'd be like blaming a defeat on Gallagher if he had a 30 yard effort that hit the post rather than go in the top corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet that none of those that are saying he should have saved would get even near it themselves! It was a great goal and no blame can be attached to him for that. 
  • Options
    I bet that none of those that are saying he should have saved would get even near it themselves! It was a great goal and no blame can be attached to him for that. 
    Who is saying he should have saved it out of interest?
  • Options
    a few comments on here if you want to trawl through them.
  • Options
    a few comments on here if you want to trawl through them.
    I have, not one person has said he should've saved it. 
  • Options
    Well there were two comments saying he should have gone with his left hand. One was from you. Surely that is a criticism, seeing as he got a touch with his right hand. Maybe I'm wrong!
  • Options
    Well there were two comments saying he should have gone with his left hand. One was from you. Surely that is a criticism, seeing as he got a touch with his right hand. Maybe I'm wrong!
    I said in the post I was being super critical. It just would've increased his chances of saving it had he gone with his left but it still would've been a worldie. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    In another thread Red Henry said he could have done better with both. 
  • Options
    In another thread Red Henry said he could have done better with both. 
    I never knew @Redhenry played in goal I thought he was an outfield player 😉.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    At a lower level but I played in goal, with some success, at the end of my career when my knees were finished and I couldn't have got near most of Phillips saves. My son (now at Uni) is a keeper and a very good one too. He was with Tottenham for a time and saved three penalties in our recent Cup success. I think I know enough about keeping to realise that Phillips is a very good keeper and we are lucky to have him. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My first impression with Fulham's equaliser was that it had gone through him but the replays showed he got a touch on it. The pace and placement on the ball into the postage stamp changed my mind. As others have said the fella should not have been allowed to run from the halfway line without any contact.

The second goal was just one of those 6 yard box scrambles where Mitrovic used his strength and experience to shield the ball from Solly's attempt to clear before stabbing home. Not sure what else Dillon could have done. The excellent saves he made after the scores went 2-2 however ensured we got something from the game and merited not only the Sky but CL Man of the Match award.