Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    As funny as it is seeing him in his usual ode of when in a bad run hang everybody other than himself, I really hope he can stay in this job. Otherwise I can see both Sky/Quest using him a lot and that will effect us more.

Or worse he gets put on with Jim White on Talk Sport
    No less than Jim white deserves
  • Options
    Karl is the reason we have both Gallen and Bowyer, so I have no bad feelings to him. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Never quite got the Karl Robinson hate club. Yes he was never right for us but practically nobody would have been at that point. I think he’s genuinely passionate and does what he thinks is best. Personally I hope he turns it around at Oxford.
    Yes, I've nothing against him personally either

I see Oxford play Ipswich on Tuesday, a massive game for both clubs and managers
  • Options
    I neither love nor hate the man.
    I just think he is a poor manager. 
    10% talent 
    90% talks bullshit.

If he's a success or a failure I couldn't really care less.
    I'm just glad he's no longer with us.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Not sure why, but I'm feeling unusually cheerful this morning.

Convincing defeat for Oxford = several paragraphs of waffly bullshit

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19312270.karl-robinson-oxford-uniteds-3-0-defeat-blackpool/

General theme is that Oxford were brilliant despite getting thrashed. This bit in particular makes no sense at all:

The U's head coach said: “I think there was nothing in the game, except for that three-and-a-half minute spell in the first half.

"That’s very unlike us, the emotion of that moment got us a little bit edgy.

So the Oxford players were suddenly overcome with emotion in the 23rd minute? That sounds very peculiar.

There is one indisputable truth in Nobbo's post-match droning:

He said: “It was the hardest walk around the football pitch I’ve ever had to do, I was biting my tongue while I was clapping.

I don't think any of us have ever been confronted by anything as challenging as Karl Robinson trying to "bite his tongue".

Well done Blackpool. 5-0 at least in the second leg please.

If Oxford had scored more goals they would have won.
    Yup, and if my auntie had bollocks she'd be a significantly better football manager than Karl Robinson. Actually, the bollocks are irrelevant. She is a significantly better football manager than Karl Robinson.
  • Options
    Diabysmal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19312270.karl-robinson-oxford-uniteds-3-0-defeat-blackpool/

General theme is that Oxford were brilliant despite getting thrashed. This bit in particular makes no sense at all:

The U's head coach said: “I think there was nothing in the game, except for that three-and-a-half minute spell in the first half.

So the Oxford players were suddenly overcome with emotion in the 23rd minute? That sounds very peculiar.

He said: “It was the hardest walk around the football pitch I’ve ever had to do, I was biting my tongue while I was clapping.

I don't think any of us have ever been confronted by anything as challenging as Karl Robinson trying to "bite his tongue".

Yup, and if my auntie had bollocks she'd be a significantly better football manager than Karl Robinson. Actually, the bollocks are irrelevant. She is a significantly better football manager than Karl Robinson.
    You don't get to manage for nearly 600 games in the EFL unless you're reasonably good, especially if you're not a "name". And it's not as if he's a Sheridan type, doing 6 months stints everywher
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:

He's done a decent job this season, although I have to say I don't think they'll do it again next season if, as now looks certain, they don't go up. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:

You don't get to manage for nearly 600 games in the EFL unless you're reasonably good, especially if you're not a "name". And it's not as if he's a Sheridan type, doing 6 months stints everywher
    Rightly or wrongly, MrLargo just doesn't like Robinson. If you go back over this thread you'll find them taking quite glee when Robinson has lost, definitely been the most active on this thread. 

I don't think we are in a position to gloat though, let's not forget Robinson is in the play offs at our expense.
  • Options
    Our Oxford supporting window-cleaner says the majority of their fans are happy with Robinson getting them to the play-offs twice in a row and has done a decent job. I haven't texted him today to find out if that view has changed!
  • Options
    I thought Blackpool played really well and there front two look well good 
  • Options
    Is it true that Karl once ate a whole three seat sofa with a corner unit?
  • Options
    No, he spoke so much in his living room that the sofa threw itself out of the window
  • Options
    No, he spoke so much in his living room that the sofa threw itself out of the window
    He is the living room!
  • Options
    Great manager of the limit of your ambition is failing to get promoted via the League One playoffs. Out of his depth of the expectation is anything more than that. 

Don’t hate the guy, he did okay for us in the circumstances but we were never truly any good under him either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought OU had sacked him mid-playoffs!
  • Options
    Great manager of the limit of your ambition is failing to get promoted via the League One playoffs. Out of his depth of the expectation is anything more than that. 

Don’t hate the guy, he did okay for us in the circumstances but we were never truly any good under him either. 
    Left a building block for Bowyer to improve and take us to the next level. Imagine KR will get another attempt to get them up next season. Hundred percent got Oxford over achieving when they finished above us, Portsmouth and Ipswich. 
  • Options
    are Oxford over achieving? The league table doesn’t lie and in the last two years they have got into the play offs twice. In the same time, Ipswich 0, Sunderland 1 and Portsmouth 1
  • Options
    are Oxford over achieving? The league table doesn’t lie and in the last two years they have got into the play offs twice. In the same time, Ipswich 0, Sunderland 1 and Portsmouth 1
    Surely that's exactly the point? He's got Oxford into the play offs when you would expect Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth and even us this season to beat them into it. 
  • Options
    Former Addicks and MK Dons boss Karl Robinson will be joining CharltonTV stalwart Terry Smith in the commentary box for Tuesday night’s match at Stadium MK.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/hear-former-addicks-and-mk-boss-live-tonight
  • Options
    That's quite an intriguing choice. You imagine Karl is always welcomed back to MKD with what he achieved there 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Former Addicks and MK Dons boss Karl Robinson will be joining CharltonTV stalwart Terry Smith in the commentary box for Tuesday night’s match at Stadium MK.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/hear-former-addicks-and-mk-boss-live-tonight
    Is he replacing Brownie?
  • Options
    Bold move. Maybe Terry's got a sore throat.
  • Options
    I quite like his analysis.  He’s a clever guy but just doesn’t know when to shut up sometimes.

I’ll be tuning in to see how it goes