Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Quality goal from Forsu.
  • Options
    Quality goal from Forsu.
    8 goals already.....fair play to him. 
  • Options
    Had a visit tonight form one of our engineers at work and he is an oxford season ticket holder. 

He says that Robinson has got them playing some decent stuff and seems to have shaken off the safety first attitude he had with us. Then said that Fosu is an unbelievable player and cant understand why we released him. 
    We all knew he had ability... Just far too inconsistent and didn't fit Bows plans.
  • Options
    in the last 8 of league cup
  • Options
    This is all very unpleasant. 
  • Options
    I’m pleased for him. Hope Oxford, KR and Fosu go up
  • Options
    Great point Chris from sidcup.All is forgiven for just oneFACT he bought in LEE BOWYER
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doing a very good job, especially given his ultra shite start.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    He is doing well but he’s a decent experienced League 1 manager. I think he will get found out in the Champ and struggle if he managers in it. 

People point and say he only has 1 formation etc but I actually think Bowyer did the same last season. Less was said about it because we did well but he didn’t use wingers etc and I reckon it defo cost us a couple of points. He was still inexperienced though and has learnt from it. He has still brought in players to fit his preferred formation but tactics isn’t limited to what formation you play. The big difference if that Bowyer is a good tactician alongside a favoured formation, Robinson isn’t. 

That being said I don’t mind him doing well, we have had much worse people around the club over the last decade. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I don't see any reason people don't want Karl to do well, yes yes his tactics were questionable especially when coming to change them mid game. He's a great people person , helped create what we have now, for me a great guy and love seeing him do well. 
    People forget he's pretty young for a manager. He's still learning.
  • Options
    He is doing well but he’s a decent experienced League 1 manager. I think he will get found out in the Champ and struggle if he managers in it. 

People point and say he only has 1 formation etc but I actually think Bowyer did the same last season. Less was said about it because we did well but he didn’t use wingers etc and I reckon it defo cost us a couple of points. He was still inexperienced though and has learnt from it. He has still brought in players to fit his preferred formation but tactics isn’t limited to what formation you play. The big difference if that Bowyer is a good tactician alongside a favoured formation, Robinson isn’t. 

That being said I don’t mind him doing well, we have had much worse people around the club over the last decade. 
    I really don't think you can accuse Bowyer of only having one system last year. Yes none of them used wingers but we did use multiple different systems and variations of systems for every game. KR's inflexibility wasn't just about formations but also about the way that he didn't want to adapt to other teams strengths and weaknesses. Bow is always making those subtle changes which he thinks will make the most of our strengths and exploit other teams weaknesses.
  • Options
    Got no problems with the guy, but watching his Sky post match piece he is so far removed from the straightforward stick to football and  "tell it as it is" Lee Bowyer approach.  Only Karl would use a Sky interview to launch a one man crusade against the negative effects of televised football and tell everyone what a fantastic job he's doing for the Chairman spending his money wisely.
  • Options
    I’m pleased for him. Hope Oxford, KR and Fosu go up
    fuck that it's a crap away day
  • Options
    Don't particularly dislike Robinson, he's a decent enough guy who tried his best for us.

Ok he chatted a lot of shit and literally only had one formation, but i don't have any hatred towards him. Without him we wouldn't have Bowyer.
    Or Steve Gallen. 
  • Options
    Agree that he has enough hot air to defrost a car on a frosty morning But he's doing well now and giving Fosu a stage to perform.
  • Options

I really don't think you can accuse Bowyer of only having one system last year. Yes none of them used wingers but we did use multiple different systems and variations of systems for every game. KR's inflexibility wasn't just about formations but also about the way that he didn't want to adapt to other teams strengths and weaknesses. Bow is always making those subtle changes which he thinks will make the most of our strengths and exploit other teams weaknesses.
    I disagree. We played the diamond the majority of the time. It helped that we were one of the best teams in the league but I definitely Bowyer showed his inexperience at times. It's not a criticism as that's the norm, and it doesn't matter now. 

I agree re KR, that's why I said tactics isn't just about the formation. Bowyer still has his preffered diamond and we will play that 90% of the time we have the players fit enough to play that formation but there is a lot more to his management than that. 
  • Options
    Had a visit tonight form one of our engineers at work and he is an oxford season ticket holder. 

He says that Robinson has got them playing some decent stuff and seems to have shaken off the safety first attitude he had with us. Then said that Fosu is an unbelievable player and cant understand why we released him. 
    We couldn't understand why Reading released him. They'll get it in a year or 2.
    Personally, I still don’t get it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't particularly dislike Robinson, he's a decent enough guy who tried his best for us.

Ok he chatted a lot of shit and literally only had one formation, but i don't have any hatred towards him. Without him we wouldn't have Bowyer.
    Or Gallen 
  • Options

We couldn't understand why Reading released him. They'll get it in a year or 2.
    Personally, I still don’t get it
    Maybe because they didn’t, although technically neither did we. Maybe Reading did same as us and just wanted a small fee. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Robinson knows the importance of family, having left Charlton Athletic in March 2018 for personal reasons.

"I left because my daughter didn't see me six nights a week," he said.

...Gobbo's still got it ;)

At least he made that change quicker than he ever did formation. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Robinson knows the importance of family, having left Charlton Athletic in March 2018 for personal reasons.

"I left because my daughter didn't see me six nights a week," he said.

...Gobbo's still got it ;)

Well stay out of the Kebab house then you Scouse lard arse...  think of you family not Chili Sauce!
  • Options
    FUCK him 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Didn't like or rate Robbo really but ya know whatever. All the best to him for his future so long as it's not against us.