Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51637612

Oxford rejected the approach. Hard to see why he's want to go to Blackpool anyway, hardly a major step up
    Sea & sand. Not a lot of either in Oxford. Also as a Liverpudlian it would be closer to home......he could live in the nicer area like Southport too.
    He's not lived up there for a long time though, when he left us to take the Oxford job, its proximity to his previous Milton Keynes base did seem to be an attraction

The sale of 2 key players late on in the window would have been a sign of where Oxford are though as a club
    Their form seems to have faltered since they sold the pair.
    Not so surprising if they've sold their best 2 players in the last window.

I've no idea who they replaced them with - but it can take a while for replacement players to settle.

They signed nobody on deadline day, though had strengthened earlier in the window. I can't imagine KR had been planning on losing those 2 players on deadline day though
  • Options
    Oxford suffered their 7th League defeat from 10 games tonight, They were one of the favourites to go up but currently sit in the relegation zone.

By his own post match admittance, Robinson has had a rant in the dressing room. As we know these usually go one of two ways - it either brings the team together or loses the dressing room once and for all.

Watch this space!
  • Options
    Oxford suffered their 7th League defeat from 10 games tonight, They were one of the favourites to go up but currently sit in the relegation zone.

By his own post match admittance, Robinson has had a rant in the dressing room. As we know these usually go one of two ways - it either brings the team together or loses the dressing room once and for all.

Watch this space!
    Know which of those two options my money is on
  • Options

Watch this space!
    Said on the manager sacking thread a couple of weeks ago that he must be in danger.

They've got Wigan on Saturday, surely he can't afford to lose that one.
  • Options
    Didn’t they start quite slowly last season before going on a bit of a run to end up in the playoffs? 
  • Options
    Didn’t they start quite slowly last season before going on a bit of a run to end up in the playoffs? 
    They weren't fast out of the blocks but had, nevertheless, 15 points as opposed to their current 9, after 10 games. They did then go on a very good run but hit a bit of a brick wall in the New Year when they picked up just 6 points from 7 games before finishing the season well with 5 consecutive wins.

The biggest criticism appears to be their recruitment as they have signed a number of injury prone players. Rather like us under Roland!

Clearly they are a "streak" side. It's just a question as to whether they can break their current losing streak in time for Robinson,
  • Options
    After Wigan they have Portsmouth, Swindon (local derby), Ipswich and Hull. He needs to start picking up points soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Seems like a good day to feed my Karl Robinson obsession. Karl delivers his best press conferences when the chips are down and the performances are abysmal:

https://www.banburycake.co.uk/sport/18878837.karl-robinson-questions-oxford-uniteds-desire-defeat-crewe-alexandra/

Here's some textbook bullshit:

"Sometimes when you’re really angry you keep yourself in that moment rather than getting yourself to that boiling point – you don’t want to do something or say something you regret, in the changing room or the media,” he said."

Don't know about you, but it's a great relief to me to know that Karl has such precise control over his temper, and can make sure that being "really angry" never spills over into being "very angry indeed", "furious" or even, heaven forbid, "raging".

This is my favourite bit:

The U’s boss took the unusual step of asking most of his backroom staff to leave the changing room after the game as he tried to get answers.

He said: “I just left me and three of the staff to speak to the players.

“I feel the support staff are giving everything they possibly can to give the players what they need, but I don’t think it’s reciprocated.

“I asked the players if it’s something we’re doing, is it something we need to change and nothing came back.”

So he's asked the kitman and the physio and the tea lady to leave the room so he and the players can have an honest, no holds barred chat, because obviously the main issue here is that the kitman isn't getting the stains out of their socks and the tea lady keeps using skimmed milk. Here's a suggestion Karl - why don't you leave the room and let your players have a full and frank conversation with your support staff, then you'll see some something "come back". 

Oxford fans not happy, and who can blame them!

https://the72.co.uk/201163/time-for-him-to-go-plenty-of-oxford-united-fans-in-agreement-after-crewe-defeat/

"No fight, no desire under Robinson, yet again absolutely dire. #oufc"
    "Karl Robinson's deploying the same failed tactics over and over again, picking the same players and making the same mistakes. It's time for him to go I'm afraid. #oufc"
    What no Plan B? That doesn't sound like our Karl does it?
  • Options
    I do think Crewe were one of the better teams we have played so far in terms of the way they build attacks. Even though they didn't score against us.
  • Options
    Hes always been a manager of winning and losing runs. Nothing in between.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    I really wish someone would change the title of this thread! 
  • Options
    That result will have the Oxford fans climbing the trees.
  • Options
    Eastwood was poor against us as well

He's certainly consistent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Robinson rant. 8th defeat of the season. Only above the relegation zone on goal difference. They were one of the favourites at the beginning of the season. The only thing they are favourites now is the "next Manager to leave"
  • Options
    bullshit baffles brains
  • Options
    His subs did not work, bit like when he was with us.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    His starting 11s generally don't fair that well either.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Carl "Kursk" Robinson
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    As funny as it is seeing him in his usual mode of when in a bad run hang everybody other than himself, I really hope he can stay in this job. Otherwise I can see both Sky/Quest using him a lot and that will effect us more.

Or worse he gets put on with Jim White on Talk Sport