Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    The problem with Robinson's football is it too slow in attack. It's all well and good moving the ball side to side, trying to maintain possession, but it has to be slow slow slow quick quick. As you move the ball the players need to be alive to the slightest opening in the defence and you need midfielders capable of threading balls through those tiny gaps and forwards alive enough to be moving into those pockets of space to receive passes and get shots away quickly. It a very hard thing to get right at the top of the game, with the very best players, let alone at League One, so what happens in League One is you just get a team who looks on top because they have the ball, but are doing everything in front of the opposition defence, rarely penetrating and getting quality clear sights of goal which = hardly any goals scored.

There was an immediate improvement under Bowyer last year when he just told the forward players to move the ball quick and forwards more often. Sadly we couldn't maintain it with the personnel we had last year, but now we are much more direct with the focus of our attacking being to get in behind teams and get into shooting positions rather than just keeping the ball. The front two have made a huge difference with Grant's pace and movement in behind, and willingness to run at defenders and break the lines that way, and Taylor's ability to hold the ball up (best player we have had at this since Yann, and possibly beyond) and make clever layoffs to midfielders who are actually running beyond him rather than just standing in front of him.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Saw this on Twitter, he still sees possession stats as being very important.

• Options
    Any chance of uploading that pic?
  • Options
    He’s not turning up at the Valley as Oxford manager is he!
    Couldn’t even hold on for that!
  • Options
    Surely he has got to go now....
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Saw this on Twitter, he still sees possession stats as being very important.

He's got a 50/50 chance with every one of those questions, and he's got all of them wrong.

D'oh, Karl!
  • Options
    Phil said:

He’s not turning up at the Valley as Oxford manager is he!
    Couldn’t even hold on for that!

Well i for one hope he's definitely gone by then as we all know what will happen if he's still in charge.

I'd be very surprised if he survives after tonight's result though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    and oxford were tipped to do well this season - really in it now 4 points from safety already and its pretty early days - oxford fans that i have met have always come across as punching above there weight a little - also the creation of the oxford ultras seems very palance cnuty to me.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16956173.karl-robinson-says-he-should-take-the-blame-for-oxford-uniteds-dire-run-but-curtis-nelson-defends-his-boss/

Combine the quotes from this link with some of the Twitter quotes, this interview appears to be exactly the same as one he gave during the latter stages of his time with us.

1. States that he's the manager, he takes responsibility and he is to blame.

2. Uses the rest of the interview to blame everyone and everything but himself.

Fraudulent prick, he could at least mix up his routine a bit.

It would have been nice if he'd held on long enough for us to finalise his sacking at The Valley, but there is an equally poetic ending on the cards this weekend. Oxford away to Southend, this weekend - finish him off Chris, tear him to pieces.

Robinson has the same issue as Pardew with taking responsibility. If any club is daft enough to employ him in the future they must be mad.

• Options
    He's a one trick pony in all respects.
    Nothing against the bloke (apart from that dire capitulation against posh last year) (oh, and the manner of his leaving, albeit very welcome), I think he wants to do a decent job and has good intentions. He just doesn't have a clue.
  • Options
    Robinson last night:

“If I felt it was my fault I would walk away. If I felt I was making silly decisions you’d have to look at that and be quite honest and open about that. But it’s human error – whether it be Mous’s (John Mousinho) on Saturday, or Jamie Hanson today. They’re not coached those errors we’re making, but fundamentally you’ve picked them so you have to burden the blame."

Still blaming everyone else.
  • Options

Robinson last night:

“If I felt it was my fault I would walk away. If I felt I was making silly decisions you’d have to look at that and be quite honest and open about that. But it’s human error – whether it be Mous’s (John Mousinho) on Saturday, or Jamie Hanson today. They’re not coached those errors we’re making, but fundamentally you’ve picked them so you have to burden the blame."

Still blaming everyone else.

Learnt from Pardew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oxford fan here. Everything said on here about Robinson is spot on, why on earth our chairman chased him and hired him I have no idea, he was going after him long before he left you if I recall ! We have had some clowns managing our club but Robinson tops the lot. Just makes glaring errors that every fan can see, had a whole summer to build his squad, was given a decent budget but brought in players with questionable injury records and no goalscorer. Guess what ? A horrendous injury list (in September) and can't score for toffee ! His tactics, if we call it that, seems to be keep the ball but do very little with it in the final third or create real goalscoring chances, so easy to defend against. Then after yet another defeat he claims how we were the better side and unlucky when really the other team worked us out, let us have the ball and nick it at the other end. He loves talking, mostly absolute nonsense, never his fault, he even got Ian Wright in to try teach the players how to score and a psychologist !

How on earth this man has carved out a career in football management I find utterly bewildering, I hope you are glad he is gone as the man it completely clueless ! I just hope he gets sacked before we go down.

If he's still here by the time we play you, the 3 points are all yours !

• Options
    Classic Robinson, hope he doesn’t get sacked for a little while so the comedy can continue.
  • Options
    Don't forget the Oxford chairman promised the fans that Robinson would provide a "wow" factor.

They are second from bottom, having lost eight of 11 games this season. Wow! His negative formation of only one up front is an insult to the spirit of progressive and attractive football. Now he has blamed the Oxford ground, for "only having three sides".

Oxford come to The Valley on 23 October. Beware the Curse of Charlton.
  • Options

I’m not one to jump to conclusions easily, but I think it’s safe to say Karl needs to win the fans over.

He does win them over though, generally speaking*. Loads of our supporters fell for his bullshit to start with and Oxford fans thought they'd pinched an excellent manager off us. Some people like his supposed "passion". The problem is not that he can't win the fans over, the problem is that he's an utterly dismal manager who talks more and more nonsense as the results continue to get worse and worse. His team's sitting second from bottom of the table and he's claiming that they're the best coached team in the division!

*not me, I thought he was a div from day 1.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I’m not one to jump to conclusions easily, but I think it’s safe to say Karl needs to win the fans over.

He does win them over though, generally speaking*. Loads of our supporters fell for his bullshit to start with and Oxford fans thought they'd pinched an excellent manager off us. Some people like his supposed "passion". The problem is not that he can't win the fans over, the problem is that he's an utterly dismal manager who talks more and more nonsense as the results continue to get worse and worse. His team's sitting second from bottom of the table and he's claiming that they're the best coached team in the division!

*not me, I thought he was a div from day 1.
    I'd just like to point out that "passion" is heavy rain in Ballymena...
  • Options

Don't forget the Oxford chairman promised the fans that Robinson would provide a "wow" factor.

They are second from bottom, having lost eight of 11 games this season. Wow! His negative formation of only one up front is an insult to the spirit of progressive and attractive football. Now he has blamed the Oxford ground, for "only having three sides".

Oxford come to The Valley on 23 October. Beware the Curse of Charlton.

They are thinking "wow" to be fair...."Wow" this is shit.
  • Options
    I know for a fact that there will be at least one, "Robinson Out" banner at the game today...as my wife's nephew is taking it. Still a long way to match the succinctly put summing up in...