Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options

Foden also made the first goal as well with an equally brilliant pass. The best young talent England has had for many years.

Add Foden and Gomez to our team that got to the World Cup semis (along with Shaw for Young and eventually Sessegnon) then we can justifiably get very excited for the next few tournaments
  • Options

Although on the subject of Foden what a pass to get an assist and then what a goal - Get him in the bloody England squad with Mason Mount!!

I’ll probably get lol’ed for this, but what is so special about that pass? He was in acres of space and just had to lift it over the heads of the two defenders who were in a line with the receiving player also in acres of space. I would expect even our midfielders to make that pass more often than not.
    I see what you mean, his pass for the first goal was better - https://streamja.com/QWLR.
  • Options

Although on the subject of Foden what a pass to get an assist and then what a goal - Get him in the bloody England squad with Mason Mount!!

I’ll probably get lol’ed for this, but what is so special about that pass? He was in acres of space and just had to lift it over the heads of the two defenders who were in a line with the receiving player also in acres of space. I would expect even our midfielders to make that pass more often than not.
    I make you right, it’s because he’s wearing a Man City shirt, and pundits want to be proved right when he inevitably gets called up. Any player given acres of space can look like Pirlo. That said I do rate the lad.
  • Options

If its so easy why dont we see it more, not to mention this kid is only 18 and hasnt barely any first team football

Its more the weight of the pass to ensure it gets past the Defenders and on to the foot of Mahrez so easily - I can imagine a lot of cases would see the ball falling short for the defender to head away
  • Options

Not just me then. Cullen’s assist for Grant the other day was a more impressive pass.
  • Options

Ah but in the land of the blind that includes Dier in an England shirt, Foden is King!
  • Options
    4-2-3-1 could only work in away games in League 1, if you had a goal scoring striker who can also hold the ball up and play in say Holmes, Fosu, and Aribo, But we had Josh Magennis who couldn't do that plus even if Ricky, Tariqe or Joe had been fit at the same time the luxury of 3 attacking midfielders who aren't great at defending would be a major issue against the better sides.
    We have the evidence that 2 strikers are mandatory in this League with both Taylor and Grant scoring the scrappy tap-ins as well as the sublime strikes.

Phil Foden is a great young talent, who I hope isn't held back by being at a club with so many super stars.
  • Options

This, good, but not sensational
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Foden also made the first goal as well with an equally brilliant pass. The best young talent England has had for many years.

Add Foden and Gomez to our team that got to the World Cup semis (along with Shaw for Young and eventually Sessegnon) then we can justifiably get very excited for the next few tournaments
    I think the development of Maddison at Leicester is quite interesting too.
  • Options
    Personally don’t care too much but did. Take a disliking to Karl and his hobby bullshit, his tactical inflexibility, his support for Duchatelet and the manner in which he left,

I also have one of my bosses being an oxford fan who was super smug when they got Robinson.

So For several reasons I see why his results are followed more than say those of Bradford,
  • Options

the obsession with oxford failing because karl is managing them is weird, as long as we beat them comfortably the 2 times we play them i don't really care, from there opening results its not like we are going to be anywhere near them.

I'm not particularly wanting Robinson to fail. He's a likeable enough bloke and loves his football.

But it's his obsession with his one and only formation, lack of tactical flexibility, and the long winded way he tries to justify everything he does. And when he can justify no longer, his frustration gets the better of him - and he blames everybody else.

And now he's no longer at Charlton, he's doing the same things at Oxford. Beyond logic.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Obviously Karl had the players at MKD before promotion from League 1 to free score with that system. He lost a few players that summer after promotion. That promotion season was the season when Spurs bought Deli Alli and loaned him back for the remainder of the season. The Deli remained at Spurs and blossomed there. It shows what a big loss it was for Karl and MK. After that he didn't have the players for it and needed to adapt. It was always going to be interesting to see how he would do at another club. He came to us with an infectious enthusiasm. He steadied us for a while but when things went wrong he was stuck. And maybe from last Christmas on till his departure (Looking back now) he did lose a bit of his mojo. Now e is struggling with Oxford. His confidence is a little down. He probably needs a break from the game or go and grow again in non league or maybe be a number two to someone somewhere. When you get to know he ain't a bad bloke. But I think we are better off under Bow.
  • Options

It's been a long time now since Robinson has had a good season.

2018/19 struggling with Oxford

2017/18 started well with Charlton but struggled then tried to get himself sacked so he could take the Oxford job where he struggled.

2016/17. Newly relegated with MKD, struggled and was sacked. Employed at CAFC on the basis of getting promotion and had them flirting with relegation.

2015/16 relegated below the Karel Fraeye Charlton side

2014/15 promoted with Adobe and Alli out of league 1

all the time clubs employ him on 5 year contracts why wouldnt he stick at it
  • Options

Crap manager who spouts a lot of bullshit - will never forget the dreadful football we had to endure under his reign.

Never found him particularly likeable as he seemed more concerned with being matey than taking responsibility for his failings.

He reminds me of a used car salesman. typical scouser :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

2017/18 started well with Charlton but struggled then tried to get himself sacked so he could take the Oxford job where he struggled.

2016/17. Newly relegated with MKD, struggled and was sacked. Employed at CAFC on the basis of getting promotion and had them flirting with relegation.

In his defence, in 2015/16 MKD operated on a pretty tight budget. I bet our wage bill was massively higher than MKD's
  • Options

In his defence, in 2015/16 MKD operated on a pretty tight budget. I bet our wage bill was massively higher than MKD's
    There is no defence for any club employing him as a manager other than madness....
  • Options

His last 2 deals (us and Oxford) have been 2.5 year contracts. To be honest, given how long a manager last these days and how many there are applying for each vacant job, i'm sure it won't be too long before clubs just start giving 1 or 2 year contracts.

Unless you're appointing a world class, well sought after manager, it's beyond me why any club would go offering 3-4 year deals to managers.
  • Options

His last 2 deals (us and Oxford) have been 2.5 year contracts. To be honest, given how long a manager last these days and how many there are applying for each vacant job, i'm sure it won't be too long before clubs just start giving 1 or 2 year contracts.

Unless you're appointing a world class, well sought after manager, it's beyond me why any club would go offering 3-4 year deals to managers.
    Nine months for Lee Bowyer
  • Options
    Long story short.
    Robinson is a shite manager.
    Bowyer is a great manager.
    Move on people.
  • Options
    Tried to play good football but in a tight system. Tbf he was very respectful about the history of the club unlike Katrien.
  • Options
    Limited Manager that had some passion (some may consider it fake) for the Club and seemingly stabilised some things at the Club.

I won’t be booing him unless he becomes Millwall Manager.
  • Options
    Did he actually blame the ground for their results? Top man. It’s why deep down I love him
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I liked him. he realised the difficult constraints put on him by RD and in the end couldn't live with it. bow on the other hand is working miracles right now in the way curbs gritty and lennie did