Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Weird. Outplayed in midfield all game until down to ten men and scored five, Ajose played crap missed some sitters, Josh looked tired and Chickson hardly in contact with the game. Rovers should have had 3 by half time but for Worldy saves from Phillips.

But take that result any day. Funny old game.

Weird, because no one else has said that so far. I thought we had cruised it ?
  • Options

Well thanks again to the @seth plum and @PaddyP17 for the match thread.

Didn't see that result coming. Very interested to hear from the Addicks who made the trip if we bossed it as much as the score line suggests.

We didn't boss it, apart from in the goalkeeping and clinical finishing. For much of the game a Brizzle bested us, playing some neat passing football with a lot of penetration down the wings.
  • Options
    The goals came at good times. Second really caught them out. They rallied after that and had they taken one of those chances it may have been different. 3rd killed them. After that they were playing with 10 men and it would've been difficult for them.

• Options
    Sounds like we took our chances (makes a change) and they didn't . . simples! From what I've read on here, I wouldn't start counting my 'Chicksens'! Sorry chaps and chap-esses!
  • Options
    Well..an astounding win, or will the pessimists say the result flattered us lol
    About time we caned someone...it's a pony league but maybe this team is finally gelling....
    #solongsafetyslade
  • Options
    Another win to be pleased about. Who'll be the first to tell us they felt nothing when we won 1-5?
  • Options
    WTF, I forgot we were playing, in shock....Roland Out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well thanks again to the @seth plum and @PaddyP17 for the match thread.

Didn't see that result coming. Very interested to hear from the Addicks who made the trip if we bossed it as much as the score line suggests.

We didn't boss it, apart from in the goalkeeping and clinical finishing. For much of the game a Brizzle bested us, playing some neat passing football with a lot of penetration down the wings.
    Agree in the main but just been drinking with half a dozen Gas fans post-match who thought we bossed it throughout. Perceptions I guess.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Another win to be pleased about. Who'll be the first to tell us they felt nothing when we won 1-5?

That'd be me, at least that's what my solicitor has advised for such circumstances....

Naturally pleased, but cannot go properly bonkers for as long as the regime is in place. I worry that, for some, it will be seen as some kind of vindication.
  • Options
    Biggest win since Rotherham away and I open the post match thread and all I see is pecking chicken puns. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Wow get in there didn't see that one coming. The team actually attacking and scoring goals great stuff. Well played boys.

Now for the downer. Why is it whenever something decent happens regarding the team the witch comes out and tries to ruin it all again. I wonder what it will be this time. She will prob announce O'loghlin as manager tomorrow with Freye as his number 2.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Was thinking, "what impressive crowd celebrations from our lot" until the Pirates score and it's exactly the same. Same old Sky always cheating!
  • Options
    BLIMEY!
  • Options

Was thinking, "what impressive crowd celebrations from our lot" until the Pirates score and it's exactly the same. Same old Sky always cheating!

They just have the amplifier turned up to 11...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally forgot we were playing, something that never used to happen when I'd be half asleep but checking the score or at least remembered first thing in the morning. It was only checking emails with one from the EFL telling me there had been a full league program last night when I checked the score, double checked it and was absolutely amazed.

Well done to Nugent and the team.
  • Options
    Boom Boom. Well didnt see that coming. Meire is going to look a bit silly now if she announces Robinson as manager in the morning.
  • Options
    Great performance, Gas had the best of the first 20mins , we scored on the break, somehow the second went in and we scored the third when they looked like getting back into it when the switched to 3-4-3. Chicksen looked good down the left and at left wing back when we went 3 at the back. Made me smile that, because the tunnel was on the other side of the pitch, nugent managed to reorganise the team when walking across the pitch as they were making thier subs. Lookman was class as always and even cleared one out of our box with his head. Magennis doesn't look match fit, was conserving his energy a lot,
  • Options
    So, man in charge by default, not appointed by SMT, and we win two on the bounce?

Coincidence?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    And not his usual hustling bustling self when we didn't have the ball. Impressed also with Foley at right back, getting forward on the overlap. Scoring from a corner has to be a collectors item this season as well. Ulvestad looks better each time I see him play. Children my man of the match
  • Options

So, man in charge by default, not appointed by SMT, and we win two on the bounce?

Coincidence?

Quite possibly. It's two wins on the bounce in League One, not a run deep into the Champions League.

That's not to take away from the last two results. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened after Slade has gone. The hard thing to know is how much of it is Slade not being there, and how much of it is Nugent.

Also, to be fair to the SMT, sacking Slade looks like a good decision right now.
  • Options
    Are they using canned cheering? Sounded bloody loud each time there was a goal.