Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CO'L appointed on the coaching team..

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    seth plum said:

Roland seems susceptible to folk who exaggerate and inflate their abilities. Meire, Fraeye, Driesen, O'Loughlin spring to mind, and the pattern defence with the appointments Meire makes, most damagingly Tony Keohane.
    Anybody any good bogs off.

Don't underestimate the fact that we're dealing with Ebenezer van Scrooge. These people are useless non-entities AND cheap. At least, their wages are low. The damage they do outweighs their low wages by a factor of 10 to 1, but a miser doesn't see it that way.
  • Options

He has been roundly ignored during the warm-up. Both Simon Clark and Nugent blanked him throughout. He's basically stood there like a spare prick with his arms folded. His only role seems to have been to collect hi-vis tops and put them in a bag.

Utter no-mark.

Hi-light was Jackson mugging him off. He went to speak to him, Jacko blanked him and jogged off.

Bodes well for when he takes over as manager in 6 months time.

Nugent can f*** off, he signed for us knowing who he was working for.
    To be honest, I wish they would all f*** off.
    Yep, agreed.
  • Options

He has been roundly ignored during the warm-up. Both Simon Clark and Nugent blanked him throughout. He's basically stood there like a spare prick with his arms folded. His only role seems to have been to collect hi-vis tops and put them in a bag.

Utter no-mark.

Hi-light was Jackson mugging him off. He went to speak to him, Jacko blanked him and jogged off.

It clearly won't take six months, more like six weeks, just long enough for Meire to be able to claim that she has made an exhaustive search for a replacement for Slade (in between daily meetings with fan groups)/
  • Options
    Listening to the radio (BBC London) on the way home

Nugent was saying that Chris is just another "body" added to the coaching team who has his own thoughts and ideas which he can put across like anyone else
  • Options

Utter no-mark.

Nugent can f*** off, he signed for us knowing who he was working for.
    Seems harsh.
  • Options
    It'll be the ultimate pub quiz question, to name all the coaches involved with the first team since RD took over!

Listening to the radio (BBC London) on the way home

Nugent was saying that Chris is just another "body" added to the coaching team who has his own thoughts and ideas which he can put across like anyone else

i.e. We don't need him around, thank you very much!
  • Options
    It looked like nobody was giving Congo Chris the time of day during the warm ups today. This bloke is completely screwed before he's even started - and quite rightly so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COL is there to gain the requisite league experience so he can take over in January before being sacked in April.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

It looked like nobody was giving Congo Chris the time of day during the warm ups today. This bloke is completely screwed before he's even started - and quite rightly so.

He was totally ignored, they all now he is a Roland plant.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Was he out there during the warm up then?

I didnt notice him
  • Options
    I watched Nugent in the post match and he didn't mention Congo Chris...was he asked about him at all?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I watched Nugent in the post match and he didn't mention Congo Chris...was he asked about him at all?

Louis (?) asked about him on BBC London radio
  • Options

seth plum said:

Louis (?) asked about him on BBC London radio
    OK, I will try to find it.
  • Options
    i have a feeling he would have been appointed but the players put their foot down. No inside info but if Jacko is blanking him, wouldn't be far off.
  • Options

i have a feeling he would have been appointed but the players put their foot down. No inside info but if Jacko is blanking him, wouldn't be far off.

I don't think the players get any say in this. Roland doesn't strike me as someone who listens to anyone.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Leuth said:

Roland appears to have created some sort of shit Masonic guild somewhere up his own rectum, and is clinging to it like only an aspie* could

*representin'

Bitterly disappointed by that asterisk. I thought Christmas came early.. "I can finally flag the bastard, ableist scumbag! I knew he was secretly a prejudiced asshole.".
    Likewise. Having flagged someone for a comment about 'mental health issues' already this morning, I thought I was on a role. Perhaps that's because I have 'mental health issues'

#soapbox
    Why the flag @DOC64 ?

Yes it was you I flagged on another thread for using the term 'mental health issues' to describe someone in a derogatory way. I have 'mental health issues' as you put it - I'm bipolar. I'm not ashamed about it and frequently mention it on here. But it really really pisses me off when people use it to have a laugh. I challenge anyone to be me for just an hour when I'm in a psychiatric hospital and then see if describing someone as having 'mental health issues' is funny.

Of course you may have flagged me for a different reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOC64 said:

Apologies, was not aware you suffered from bipolar. Without knowing that your post appeared patronising and self serving. The #soapbox didn't help.

Far from 'having a laugh' about 'mental health issues, I could see that Mr Parks Junior was starting to take a lot of stick for his 'over zealous' outbursts. That situation looked as if it was likely to deteriorate. I have had dealings with people with 'mental health issues' through my work over a number of years and whilst Mr Parks' comments exuded passion they lacked control and logic. That's why I started the comment, 'Sad to say' - not for a laugh, but to hopefully lessen the general angst.

I will remove your flag and wish you well......

Thank you DOC64.

I wrote my original post assuming people on here know about my being bipolar as I mention it often - hence the #soapbox.
  • Options
    No, not at all which hopefully helps.

I have read my post again and still can't see how you think I was trying to be funny. Can assure you again, that was never the intention.....
  • Options
    Did anyone there last night notice if he was any more involved with the players in the warm up? Or was he once again the bib and ball collector?
  • Options
    Shit point well made.
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

No, not at all which hopefully helps.

I have read my post again and still can't see how you think I was trying to be funny. Can assure you again, that was never the intention.....

Thank you DOC64 - no worries.

Funny may not be the right word. People sometimes use 'mental health issues' in inverted commas as a derogatory term to other people (who don't have mental health issues). I thought you were doing that so got on my soapbox.

I'm passionate about removing the stigma surrounding mental illness. Before my most recent episode (two years ago) I worked in mental health for 20 years and was aware of stigma on a daily basis - but it's still around today. There see, I told you I get on my soapbox!
  • Options
    Hi Arsenetatters.

Good luck with it all.

There were no inverted commas which is why I didn't and don't understand the flag. Was just a reasoned observation as stated above. Think you got on that soapbox a bit sharpish like. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    You don't understand my flag and I don't understand yours! I think we're even now (can't get smiley face to work but it's there in spirit!)
  • Options

Mental health issues are no laughing matter.

I've spent more time than I would like to discuss in various units with my family and significant others. So far, I have not experienced anything serious of myself, but it could happen.

Going through panic attacks, bi-polar, serious suicidal depression, ME has been harrowing for all concerned but in particular for the people I cared about and I have no way of knowing quite how that feels. Apart from very scary.

It's not a range of issues that are discussed as much as they should be and whe awareness is increasing which may lead to an increase in diagnoses, my untested opinion is that the unrooted nature of modern society does not help.

Feeling depressed along with suicidal thoughts is a very horrible place to be in.

I will be brief on this.

If you are depressed.....from experience, I can tell you, that as hard is it maybe, and it really is, you need to put all the work in yourself in order to "get out of it"

Being normal again requires honest dedication and consistent hard work. Serious Commitment. That sounds strange because at the time, you feel utterly helpless, so self help feels impossible.

It is an illness and when you have it.......you are miles and miles away from the person you truly are.

Depression does not define an individual.

It's also only human to feel ashamed by it.

Getting a bit deep here.

Ah yes, Chris O what's his name.

Sounds like a mug......100% spot on for everyone involved to ignore him.