Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

Comments

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

The story has now been reported in the Belgian press.

Link?
  • Options
    My immediate thought reading that email (the one to Chrissy Powell not Cabbles, which is totally coherent!) was am I safe driving around a car that contains parts and software made by that man's company. Does he interfere in technical specs based on a similar level of ignorance.
  • Options
    I think we need a Powerpoint to illustrate RD's tactics in his email - I sure KM could knock one up and forward it to KR for implementation.
  • Options

@PragueAddick did you note that Harris completed due diligence. Seems like fairly strong interest to me :wink:

For sure I noted that that is what was said. And also that, allegedly, RD completed DD within a week.

How long would you take to do proper DD on business of that size (£30-40m at that time). ?

• Options

@PragueAddick did you note that Harris completed due diligence. Seems like fairly strong interest to me :wink:

For sure I noted that that is what was said. And also that, allegedly, RD completed DD within a week.

How long would you take to do proper DD on business of that size (£30-40m at that time). ?

He did it himself - Slater said so. Clearly, he values his own hasty judgement above the advice of a bunch of experts carefully sifting the evidence. I believe that is the way he always does business. It couldn't be cheaper (in itself, without regard to the consequences) and it is suggestive of some kind of god complex.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Clearly a lot longer, for a start I'm sure he couldn't have appreciated the significance of the charges over the property by the former Directors or maybe he did and RM told him not to worry about it :open_mouth: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not sure it would really take long, although a week is really quick. It's not the size of the business, it the complexity. Check the books, check the contracts to make sure everything is tight, and then decide if you want it. Because of the nature of the business I doubt there's a lot of "change of control" language in the contracts.

But you'd still want an expert to do the heavy lifting, which they obviously didn't do.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Why put two parts out in November and then wait until the following year to release the rest?

It takes time to put all this stuff together. They told us of this piece back in October and it's taken them until today to get it out. It's not something you can throw up over night. I guess the only other alternative was to get them all out together in which case we would have seen nothing until after Christmas when it was all ready. Personally I'm happy they chose the route they have.

I understand how it works. I been involved in radio work for a long time. Unless its an ongoing thing, usually all the production and post production is completed before its released.

My guess is they are waiting on a clip.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Why put two parts out in November and then wait until the following year to release the rest?

It takes time to put all this stuff together. They told us of this piece back in October and it's taken them until today to get it out. It's not something you can throw up over night. I guess the only other alternative was to get them all out together in which case we would have seen nothing until after Christmas when it was all ready. Personally I'm happy they chose the route they have.

I understand how it works. I been involved in radio work for a long time. Unless its an ongoing thing, usually all the production and post production is completed before its released.

I think they are hopeful of getting a response from the club.
  • Options
    After his name was mentioned I was hoping for an interview with Chris Parkes. Of course that couldn't happen. It does make you wonder what he may have to say when he eventually leaves CAFC (unless Sue gags him!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

They are waiting to include the interviews with the new owner and SMT.
  • Options
    At least Roland has provided VIZ magazine with a months worth of "top tips"
  • Options

After his name was mentioned I was hoping for an interview with Chris Parkes. Of course that couldn't happen. It does make you wonder what he may have to say when he eventually leaves CAFC (unless Sue gags him!).

Don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Hopefully they'll have clips of Diego Poyet and Russell Slade among others.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Interview with RD in response to the emails. Can this be translated by anyone?

Google Translate doesn't really help, but the gist I'm getting is that RD claims Powell was never under any obligation, and that the emails were just providing advice. And then he goes on to talk about how Riga managed a higher average points per game that Chris Powell did, justifying the decision to sack Powell.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20161130_02601441
  • Options
    Duchatelet explaining 4-4-2 to Chris Powell;

Surreal, Bizarre and Unique.

Tutt-Tutt Roland.