Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester v Charlton | Tue 08 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predict, News, Views & MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago View translation
    CHARLTON | Phillips, Konsa, Johnson, Teixeira, Lennon, Chicksen, Foley, Crofts (c), Aribo, Hanlan, Ajose. #cafc

We are playing 6 across the back? Hahaha lovely.
  • Lennon on the left of the back four with Chicksen in front of him.

442 with Aribo on the other side.

Who is Teixeira? Never heard of him.
  • Nice to see tex get his one game of the year , back to the under 23's soon!
  • All sorts of ways that 11 could line up.

Phillips
    Konsa Johnson Tex Lennon
    Foley Crofts Aribo Chicksen
    Hanlan Ajose

I think that's the most likely one.
  • edited November 2016
    Foley and chicksen wing backs, 3 centre halves with konsa the defensive midfielder? With 2 of our 3 wingers (maybe the third) all missing on Saturday, maybe trying a new formation for swindon
  • Looking at that line-up I think Slade is right pushing the boat out in such an important game
  • Is it 5 first teamers in Starting 11 or 5 to just play?

Jacko was never going to play. Need him Sat with the call ups and Holmes a doubt.
  • I would guess it is 5-3-2 with konsa and chicksen as wingbacks and foley in midfield.
    CHARLTON | Phillips, Konsa, Johnson, Teixeira, Lennon, Chicksen, Foley, Crofts (c), Aribo, Hanlan, Ajose. #cafc

I thought you have to start a strong line up with at least 5 1st team starters??
  • We've triggered Tex's appearance fee in the most important competition of our season. Well done Slade, money well spent. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

I thought you have to start a strong line up with at least 5 1st team starters??
    Because of international weekend we get two extras that arent starters as we dont have the option to play magennis and lookman on saturday
  • Isn't it 5/6 players must have featured in the last league game or will feature in the next, to avoid the crippling £5k fine?
  • Will try to establish a patchwork match thread later. Cooking right now.
  • We've triggered Tex's appearance fee in the most important competition of our season. Well done Slade, money well spent. ;-)

There's probably a clause in the contract to say that it has to be League games to count!
  • seth plum said:

Will try to establish a patchwork match thread later. Cooking right now.

Pot noodle shouldn't take long :smiley:
  • I've it as:
    Phillips
    Konsa,Johnson,Tex,Lennon,Chicksen
    Aribo,Crofts,Foley
    Ajose,Hanlan
    ???
  • Is there even commentary for this or have they not bothered going either?
  • He's not fielding 2 goalies on the pitch with one on the bench though.

That would be the nirvana.
  • On Facebook the club says it's 5-3-2 with Chicksen and Konsa as wingbacks. For me it would surely make far more sense to play with Konsa in central midfield and Foley as the wingback given Foley is a right/wing back by trade and Konsa played has played a lot in central midfield. But what do I know.

Nice little distraction from the US election.
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard it was League games for Texeira
  • Millwall and Luton both give the EFL the middle finger and make 9 changes apiece. Good on them.
  • I am getting commentary on Charlton Player my experiment will fail because dictation on here cuts out the commentary I was going to try to dictate.
    For this evening it will be casual posts on this thread.
  • Coming out
  • Seeing that team,
    you would need to play
    3-5-2, with Johnson as the middle CB and Lennon and Tex either side.
    Foley and Crofts as the centre mid with Aribo as the attacking midfield behind Ajosie and Hanlan, with the wing backs of Konsa and Chicksen working their socks off in defense, mid field and getting in crosses.

May depend on the team Colchester put out to see if it works.
  • Anyone know the subs selected for this game?
  • Lennon LB, Chicksen LM it seems.
  • We've lined up in a 3-5-2 formation here, with Ezri Konsa and Adam Chicksen occupying wing-back berths. #cafc
  • Chicksen heavily involved in an attack just then.
    Charlton have the early play.
  • Redrobo said:

Anyone know the subs selected for this game?

Rudd, Charles-Cook, Ulvestad, Lapslie, Ahearne-Grant, Novak, Umerah.