Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester v Charlton | Tue 08 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predict, News, Views & MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 49m49 minutes ago
    Tonight's attendance is 548, of which 147 are travelling Addicks. Thank you to all that have made the trip to Essex tonight! #cafc #CAFCLive

147 is a pretty good turnout actually, more than I would have expected!
    147 is an unbelievable turnout.

Why on earth would anyone want to fight their way up through London traffic to Colchester on a freezing cold night to watch what was always going to be a reserve team play in a near empty stadium.

I take my hat off to everyone who has gone. But I think you are slightly mad. :-)
    It is for a snooker player.
  • I want a recount ? sorry wrong thread.

The 147 tonight and the 3000 odd cafc fans against Scunny should get 1st knocking on the Tickets for Man Utd away in the 3rd round.

I didn't boycott on Saturday i just didn't bother to go.
  • I always aimed for 154 in snooker.

Seemed like the ultimate maximum, I guess the snooker on the black to start probably doesn't count towards the break and as my top score is around 40, never really troubled the target.

Bit like Target 20k.
  • Surely the powers that be must be able to see that this competition is unwanted and pointless?
    Just look at how we're reacting on here - pleased not to be forced to continue to contribute to such a farce.
    Also, look at the crowds - if ever there was such a statement of the public's indifference to a competition, this is it.
    Scrap it. An utter waste of everyone's time and energy.
  • Concentrate on relegation now.

• Intrested to know who 3 at the back worked, and would it with our best players.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Nicholas said:

Ajose scores and out the comp, perfect result.

And no injuries, that we know of
    Slade's chalks up another 1-1 to send him home happy.
  • Redrobo said:

Intrested to know who 3 at the back worked, and would it with our best players.

Everton tried it against Chelsea and Williams and Jagielka were exposed for lack of pace in a 3 at the back. They did revert back to 4 during the match but the game was already lost.

We would need Konsa on the right with Bauer in the centre with Pearce or Tex on the Left.
    Are Fox and Solly suited to being wing backs ?

Really need to perfect this system on the training ground.

It gives another option if you play without a winger.

• Redrobo said:

Intrested to know who 3 at the back worked, and would it with our best players.

Everton tried it against Chelsea and Williams and Jagielka were exposed for lack of pace in a 3 at the back. They did revert back to 4 during the match but the game was already lost.

We would need Konsa on the right with Bauer in the centre with Pearce or Tex on the Left.
    Are Fox and Solly suited to being wing backs ?

Really need to perfect this system on the training ground.

It gives another option if you play without a winger.

Chelsea play the system with an attacking player (Moses) at right wing back. I'm not sure any of our regular players suits such a role?
  • iainment said:

Why is my email being cluttered with posts from this thread?

Because it's so exciting
    It fucking isn't.
    Tonight's attendance is 548, of which 147 are travelling Addicks. Thank you to all that have made the trip to Essex tonight! #cafc #CAFCLive

Why on earth would anyone want to fight their way up through London traffic to Colchester on a freezing cold night to watch what was always going to be a reserve team play in a near empty stadium.

I take my hat off to everyone who has gone. But I think you are slightly mad. :-)
    How many of the 147 live in Essex?
  • Another game undefeated.
  • fans at the back where more entertaining then the game tbf
  • Well, it was a wild ride. I feel as if I've been through the wringer, but in the end , we bow out. Challenge for the FA would be to make this trophy dafter than it's current format. Maybe if the group matches are required to be played at neutral venues?

Millwall took 370 to Luton for a game that didn't even matter as they were already through
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news...
  • Quiz question for 2036. Name the two players to miss penalties....

2036? I've forgotten already.

Millwall took 370 to Luton for a game that didn't even matter as they were already through
    Slightly different agenda there eh.....

Seemed like the ultimate maximum, I guess the snooker on the black to start probably doesn't count towards the break and as my top score is around 40, never really troubled the target.

Bit like Target 20k.

I always aimed for 154 in snooker.

Bit like Target 20k.

You can get a 155 break I think. Free ball and a black to follow then the usual 15 red and blacks plus colours.
  • Yet again - we never win with Roger Dim.
  • sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Konsa Johnson Teixeira Lennon Chicksen
    Foley Crofts Aribo
    Ajose Hanlan

In a 532?

Russell must be congratulated for getting four centrebacks into the side at once - total football Orient style I presume.
  • Look on the bright side, last year we lost this fixture ;)

Bit like Target 20k.

Bit like Target 20k.

You can get a 155 break I think. Free ball and a black to follow then the usual 15 red and blacks plus colours.
    Theoretically, and I must stress, theoretically, you can get a 162 break.
    You'd need to give away 159 points in fouls first. Stay with me, it gets better. Then your opponent fouls, snookering you on all reds (giving you 4 points and a free ball), you clear up with 16 blacks to tie the scores. Black is respotted, you win the toss and go first and pot the black off its spot. 162 break. I thank you.
    :smiley:
  • As we're on snooker, here's another one:
    Theoretically, what's the lowest break you can get to end the game whilst clearing the table from its original state (i.e. With all 15 reds on the table)?
    Answer to follow...

Bit like Target 20k.

Bit like Target 20k.

Theoretically, and I must stress, theoretically, you can get a 162 break.
    You'd need to give away 159 points in fouls first. Stay with me, it gets better. Then your opponent fouls, snookering you on all reds (giving you 4 points and a free ball), you clear up with 16 blacks to tie the scores. Black is respotted, you win the toss and go first and pot the black off its spot. 162 break. I thank you.
    Potting the black off it's spot does not count towards the break through.
    Good effort though :smiley: