Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester v Charlton | Tue 08 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predict, News, Views & MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Don't think I could bare the tension.
  • We are out the cup say we are out the cup!!

Can we have a bus parade?
  • is it unrealistic to draw parallels with the Wembley playoff final?
  • Thank **** for that. At least we are definitely spared any further games in this nonsense cup.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 49m49 minutes ago
    Tonight's attendance is 548, of which 147 are travelling Addicks. Thank you to all that have made the trip to Essex tonight! #cafc #CAFCLive

147 is a pretty good turnout actually, more than I would have expected!
  • We're out. Hurrah !
  • Happy to take a point!
  • Sponsored links:

• Quiz question for 2036. Name the two players to miss penalties....
  • Colchester first

8 Attempts on goal 7
    6 Shots on target 1
    6 Corners 2
    12 Fouls 7
    4 Offsides 2
    49% Possession 51%

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#ABqAcEGErDooQljT.99
  • Uboat said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 49m49 minutes ago
    Tonight's attendance is 548, of which 147 are travelling Addicks. Thank you to all that have made the trip to Essex tonight! #cafc #CAFCLive

Right now those 147 will be able to say, 'What the fuck was I thinking?'

• • If Charlton win inside 90 minutes tonight and Southampton lose inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton win by three goals or more inside 90 minutes tonight and Southampton draw tomorrow and then lose on penalties, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton win tonight inside 90 minutes and Southampton draw tomorrow and then win on penalties, we will be eliminated.
    • If Charlton draw tonight, win on penalties and then Southampton lose by three or more goals inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton lose tonight, we will be eliminated.
    • If Southampton win inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will be eliminated.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-checkatrade-trophy-preview-3405863.aspx#AYFxEzJlPyY3gapv.99
  • Phew, it's over. Thanks for the commentary guys.
  • Slade Out.
  • Concentrate on the league now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quiz question for 2036. Name the two players to miss penalties....

Roly and Katie.
  • Uboat said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 49m49 minutes ago

Years from now those 147 will be able to say, 'What the fuck was I thinking?'

147 is an unbelievable turnout.

Why on earth would anyone want to fight their way up through London traffic to Colchester on a freezing cold night to watch what was always going to be a reserve team play in a near empty stadium.

I take my hat off to everyone who has gone. But I think you are slightly mad. :-)
    Was Perks there? I hope so.
  • Could have been worse, Chelsea under 21 v Oxford now after drawing 1-1, 34 penalties taken, Chelsea have won

• • If Charlton win inside 90 minutes tonight and Southampton lose inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton win by three goals or more inside 90 minutes tonight and Southampton draw tomorrow and then lose on penalties, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton win tonight inside 90 minutes and Southampton draw tomorrow and then win on penalties, we will be eliminated.
    • If Charlton draw tonight, win on penalties and then Southampton lose by three or more goals inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will progress to the next round.
    • If Charlton lose tonight, we will be eliminated.
    • If Southampton win inside 90 minutes tomorrow, we will be eliminated.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-checkatrade-trophy-preview-3405863.aspx#AYFxEzJlPyY3gapv.99

It's a bit late for all this, poor old Covered End has got a migraine.
  • Ajose scores and out the comp, perfect result.

147 is an unbelievable turnout.

Why on earth would anyone want to fight their way up through London traffic to Colchester on a freezing cold night to watch what was always going to be a reserve team play in a near empty stadium.

I take my hat off to everyone who has gone. But I think you are slightly mad. :-)
    Happy memories of losing there in the FA Cup?

Back for revenge?
  • A cup exit at the hands of a side in a lower division. Not good enough. Slade has to go!
  • Nicholas said:

Ajose scores and out the comp, perfect result.

And no injuries, that we know of