Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    3 wins in 5 games not good enough for Salford
    Graham Alexander sacked. Paul Scholes in temporary charge.
    Doesn't to me sound like he was sacked for football reasons. Something happened behind the scenes?
  • Options
    Wow, that is a shocker, something must have happened.
    Suggested on Twitter that one of the shareholders is a dickhead and likely had a falling out with Graham. Joke of a club
  • Options
    Madness, sacked for drawing with Tranmere, which leaves them in 5th, just 3 points behind the leaders

The first team coach was removed too, so no continuity
  • Options
    He has been a success at three clubs .. then sacked after a couple of years .. I suspect he always speaks his mind and this doesn't go down well with too many owners .. Scholes? a one time part owner of the club wants to 'expand his influence' .. I suspect he'll make a right horlicks of the job .. I hope Salford, owned by the Mancu luvvies and a rich Chinese get relegated, a pure vanity project of a 'club'

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09112699/officers .. 

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Wow, that is a shocker, something must have happened.
    Suggested on Twitter that one of the shareholders is a dickhead and likely had a falling out with Graham. Joke of a club
    I always thought Beckham was a bit of a dickhead 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Let's hope he doesn't fancy Taylor and loans him out to Wimbledon.
    Which will concern Taylor, not a jot.
  • Options
    Roger Johnson has been named Bromley U23s Manager
    Really?
    To effing right he has!!!!
  • Options

Championship club Barnsley have named former Crystal Palace defender Valerien Ismael as their new head coach.

The France-born 45-year-old, who now has German citizenship, has replaced Gerhard Struber on a three-year deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54663010

• Options
    clive said:

Championship club Barnsley have named former Crystal Palace defender Valerien Ismael as their new head coach.

The France-born 45-year-old, who now has German citizenship, has replaced Gerhard Struber on a three-year deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54663010

Barnsley do seem to go for these continental managers, especially those with German experience.
  • Options
    At his first meeting with the squad he told them

"Call me Ismael"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mansfield sack Graham Coughlan. An awful start to the season, so not a surprise really. Losing 4-2 at home to newly promoted Barrow was the final straw
  • Options
    Mansfield sack Graham Coughlan. An awful start to the season, so not a surprise really. Losing 4-2 at home to newly promoted Barrow was the final straw
    absolutely no surprise .. he'd had a decent squad that was/is all over the place .. he didn't 'lose the dressing room', he never had it
  • Options

"Call me Ismael"

At least @MrOneLung got the reference
  • Options

"Call me Ismael"

Or it wasn’t as funny as you Owen Goal joke!
  • Options

"Call me Ismael"

Can always rely on me Henry. 
  • Options
    Probably obvious, but I don't get it.
    Sorry. 
  • Options
    Sorry. 
    I had to google it myself. Too cultural for this board, but then Henry has always been a bit of a (Moby) Dick!
  • Options
    Sorry. 
    I had to google it myself. Too cultural for this board, but then Henry has always been a bit of a (Moby) Dick!
    Pearls before swine ☹️
  • Options
    Got to be one of the most famous opening lines in a book.
  • Options
    Tranmere sack Mike Jackson after just 3 months. Certainly a disappointing start for them in L2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tranmere sack Mike Jackson after just 3 months. Certainly a disappointing start for them in L2
    Been difficult considering they've had COVID cases to deal with, e.g. that Salford game where their whole squad was pretty much out
  • Options
    Garry Monk will be next I reckon.
  • Options
    They had a post match board meeting and told him to Beat It.
    Don't stop until you get enough points...
  • Options
    Karl Robinson must be in a bit of trouble too
  • Options
    They had a post match board meeting and told him to Beat It.
    To be fair he was bad you know it.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson must be in a bit of trouble too
    He'll be fine... The Oxford owner wont be bothered to schedule a meeting knowing how long it'll last, and that'll just be from asking if he wants a cup of tea or coffee
  • Options
    He signed a new 4 year contract in September 

No way are the sacking him yet lol
  • Options
    Been difficult considering they've had COVID cases to deal with, e.g. that Salford game where their whole squad was pretty much out
    That Salford match was hardly a Thriller 
  • Options
    Mick McCarthy takes over at Cypriot side APOEL Nicosia...