Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Let's hope that in a few months' time they can also announce a return to the Championship.
  • Options
    David Moyes being tipped to return to rescue West Ham
    Just seen he is set for talks with W.Ham later today. Seeing as he saved then in 2017/18 & then they promptly ditched him 3 days after the season ended saying that they wanted to "go in a different direction". Now if I was him I'd do the same. Have talks & then tell them that I dont want to go in their direction. He wont obviously & will take the job. 
    At the end of the day, it's a PL job and where else will he get one now?
  • Options
    Just seen he is set for talks with W.Ham later today. Seeing as he saved then in 2017/18 & then they promptly ditched him 3 days after the season ended saying that they wanted to "go in a different direction". Now if I was him I'd do the same. Have talks & then tell them that I dont want to go in their direction. He wont obviously & will take the job. 
    Then that makes him a mercenary.....like a lot of players before him. Doesn't anyone have any honour or self respect anymore....?
  • Options
    Then that makes him a mercenary.....like a lot of players before him. Doesn't anyone have any honour or self respect anymore....?
    Self respect? For wanting to work, for wanting to test himself in one of the toughest leagues in the world?
  • Options
    Never heard of someone leaving a job then going back before? 
  • Options
    He was sacked before, wasn’t he?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    He was sacked before, wasn’t he?
    His Contract expired, wasnt offered a new one
  • Options
    Self respect? For wanting to work, for wanting to test himself in one of the toughest leagues in the world?
    For not wanting to become another Alan Curbishley

Forgotten and consigned to nothing more than punditry work or background roles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    imagine if we had a 'people on benefits' thread and what Golfie would say if an unemployed man turned down employment !!

• Options
    Will be interesting to see how Moysie gets on, lost his first 5 games in charge last time round, but did keep them up.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how Moysie gets on, lost his first 5 games in charge last time round, but did keep them up.
    Perhaps he'd like to lose his first five league games again, just to prove that last time wasn't a fluke...
  • Options
    I wonder if Moysie can take West Ham to the ‘next level’
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    He will keep them up and then their fans will moan he does not play the West Ham way. They will get rid, bring in someone who does, lose lots (which is actually the real West Ham way) then bring Moyes back to save them a third time.
  • Options
    He will keep them up and then their fans will moan he does not play the West Ham way. They will get rid, bring in someone who does, lose lots (which is actually the real West Ham way) then bring Moyes back to save them a third time.
    If i was a West ham fan i wouldn't be happy with his appointment either, but i agree on the 'West ham way' comment. What exactly is the West ham way? In their last 9 premier league seasons, they've finished in the top half once.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    imagine if we had a 'people on benefits' thread and what Golfie would say if an unemployed man turned down employment !!

Moyes hasnt just taken any old job because he was unemployed though has he...? He has accepted a job he was released from 18 months ago because his employers said that he was no longer wanted as they were looking to go "in another direction"......ie, they didnt like his style & thought there were better managers available. 

Funny how Curbs fought this lot via a court case. Moyes just goes back with his dick hanging out.

• Options
    It's a pattern a number of middling PL clubs go through

Have dull British manager who keeps you up but plays dull football
    Sack dull British manager and bring in exciting foreign manager to improve the football, with exciting big money signings
    Sack foreign manager after the team struggles and the big money signings flop
    Bring in dull British manager to keep you up etc

Allardyce
    Bilic
    Moyes
    Pellegrini
    Moyes

Palace went down the same path, replacing Allardyce with De Boer, but sadly quickly reverted to type with Hodgson. It probably helps that they never have played decent football, so Palace fans don't have the misty eyed nostalgia that West Ham fans have...

• Options
    Just seen Moysies press interview on Sky Sports, it had subtitles underneath what he was saying.
  • Options
    Just seen Moysies press interview on Sky Sports, it had subtitles underneath what he was saying.
    Well, he probably needs to brush up on his cockney rhyming slang again.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Moysie can take West Ham to the ‘next level’
    The "next level" for Wet Spam is the Championship.

Bring it on.
  • Options
    Ian Holloway has been named as the new manager of Sky Bet League Two side Grimsby Town.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11769/11898726/ian-holloway-named-grimsby-town-manager
  • Options
    clive said:
    Ian Holloway has been named as the new manager of Sky Bet League Two side Grimsby Town.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11769/11898726/ian-holloway-named-grimsby-town-manager
    He seemed keen on the Grimsby job when pressed about it on Quest on Sunday
  • Options
    clive said:
    He seemed keen on the Grimsby job when pressed about it on Quest on Sunday
    He will do a good job for them i rekon
  • Options
    Quite a commitment by him, moving to the area and even investing in the club...
  • Options
    He comes across as a bit of a tool sometimes. I like him though, and as you say he does commit fully at his clubs.
  • Options
    I would rather have more down to earth people in the game like him than the Mourinho's of this world. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50983571

Daryl McMahon and Steve Gritt take over at Dagenham & Redbridge

What I hadn't realised is that the previous manager (sacked at the weekend) there was Peter Taylor, the former Dartford, Palace, England, Gillingham and just about everywhere else manager!
  • Options
    Valverde been sacked by Barcelona