Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Valverde been sacked by Barcelona
    Quick Matt, get Bowyer to sign the new contract before Barcelona swoop!
  • I know they have high standards there, but being sacked when you're top of La Liga is pretty harsh!
  • They want Xavi, been rumoured for a few weeks they have been in contact with him and put an offer to him already
  • edited January 2020
    Quique Setien has taken over already. Contract until June 2022. Barcelona are a bit of a crazy club at times.
  • Just read that Xavi rejected because of who the current president is(Bartomeu) and when the next election happens in 2021 if Victor Font takes over as Club President Xavi will be appointed manager 
  • edited January 2020
    Not been an update for a while. Cambridge have sacked Colin Calderwood. Odd timing, unless they expect the new manager to not make any transfers (in or out)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51295965
  • Not been an update for a while. Cambridge have sacked Colin Calderwood. Odd timing, unless they expect the new manager to not make any transfers (in or out)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51295965
    The opposite of that of course is awarding a new contract to a Manager who is prepared to accept that there won't be any movement in the market. I'm sure that's not the case with LB. Well I hope it is anyway.
  • edited February 2020
    Shame on Rich
  • Paul Hurst sacked by Scunthorpe
  • Sponsored links:

• The fates of Hurst and Nathan Jones show the risks for up and coming managers

Hurst does a great job at Shrewsbury, goes to Ipswich and is sacked after 5 months. Then goes to Scunthorpe the next season and is sacked after 8 months
    Nathan Jones does a great job at Luton, leaves in the middle of a promotion season to join Stoke and is sacked after 10 months
    The fates of Hurst and Nathan Jones show the risks for up and coming managers

Hurst does a great job at Shrewsbury, goes to Ipswich and is sacked after 5 months. Then goes to Scunthorpe the next season and is sacked after 8 months
    Nathan Jones does a great job at Luton, leaves in the middle of a promotion season to join Stoke and is sacked after 10 months

Good points .. Hurst really made his name by taking Grimsby from the National back to the EFL .. this kinda reinforces one of my favourite concepts, the Peter Principle .. thus

'The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence": an employee is promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another. The concept was elucidated in the 1969 book The Peter Principle by Dr. Peter and Raymond Hull.' .. (unquote)
    alas, I fear, all too common throughout 'business' and politics ((:>)

Good points .. Hurst really made his name by taking Grimsby from the National back to the EFL .. this kinda reinforces one of my favourite concepts, the Peter Principle .. thus

'The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence": an employee is promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another. The concept was elucidated in the 1969 book The Peter Principle by Dr. Peter and Raymond Hull.' .. (unquote)

How do you confuse a millwall fan.....send them this

How do you confuse a millwall fan.....send them this
    Exactly. I mean, neither of them were called Peter, so how is this relevant. 
  • Gary Bowyer gone from Bradford
  • Waiting to see who starts a "Bowyer sacked" thread
  • I've no idea what's going on there. Recalling Doyle then selling him to Swindon, then loaning top scorer James Vaughan to Tranmere
  • edited February 2020
    I've no idea what's going on there. Recalling Doyle then selling him to Swindon, then loaning top scorer James Vaughan to Tranmere
    TBH Bowyer couldn't really get anything from Doyle.

24 goals in 23 league game for Swindon 
    0 goals in 6 league game for Bradford

Saw loads of comments on twitter saying it was the way that Bowyer played, now he has been sacked, I bet their fans wished Doyle had stayed as Doyle staying under a new manager could be the difference between going up and not
    That's what happens when you sign Lee Novak.
    Replaced by Stuart McCall in his third spell at the club
  • Sponsored links:

Replaced by Stuart McCall in his third spell at the club

I forsee a gif coming! 
  • Simon Grayson sacked by Blackpool
  • Their last 10 league games have seen them pick up just 1 win (against relegation fodder Southend) and 2 draws while suffering 7 defeats 
  • edited February 2020
    Not a surprise, they've fallen apart badly after being in the top 2 early on. Brandon Hanlan sealing his fate with a 95th minute winner last night.
  • Strange that they’ve struggled so much in recent weeks
  • Not a surprise, they've fallen apart badly after being in the top 2 early on. Brandon Hanlan sealing his fate with a 95th minute winner last night.
    Another one of ours also scored, Regan Charles Cook.
    another northern club tourist who after some success has just run out of ideas and the ability to motivate perhaps
    another northern club tourist who after some success has just run out of ideas and the ability to motivate perhaps
    Also seems to have aged about 20 years in the last 7.

Shows the stress of being a (pretty poor) football manager.
  • He'll get another job somewhere up north.
  • Yep, even with his stock falling there's clubs like Rochdale & Rotherham still to go.