Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Jason and JJ as joint managers is the way I would go. Worked with Curbs and Gritt and I think they would compliment each other well.
  • Redrobo said:

Jason and JJ as joint managers is the way I would go. Worked with Curbs and Gritt and I think they would compliment each other well.

Johnnie Jackson as Manager | Jason Euell as Assistant Manager | Simon Clark as First Team Coach

It worked for Wigan last season putting someone in charge straight out of their playing career!!
  • JJ knows the players and knows the club. We all know he wants the job. He is an intelligent guy and there is no way the fans wouldn't back him, which would help the team. He is on the payroll already so would be a cheap option. I would say it is a bigger risk keeping Slade than appointing him. I agree, Jason would be a great assistant if they get on.
  • JJ knows the players and knows the club. We all know he wants the job.

Yet does he want the job under these owners though?

I sense he's like Chris Powell in a way... Loves Charlton, wants to manage the club yet like Powell wont take charge because he'll constantly have one arm tied behind his back thanks to the Belgians and knows it'll ruin his reputation with the fans when he does fail
  • It's not going to happen, JJ's too clever to take the job (and wants to play the season) and Euell turned it down last time, reasons I believe is he knew he'd be unemployed within 6 months.

I think they'll stick with Slade for now, 3-4 more games, if we are in or around relegation by then Roly will pull rank on KM and override her, god knows what will happen then...... 3-4 players sold in Jan, has been journeymen from around the world will arrive.

She'll blame the protests of course, as will Roly and Sue Parkes, we'll get a nobody in who hasn't a clue and be relegated by early April and so the show will continue.

I hope I'm wrong but you can see it happening....
  • Of the two, I think Jason would make the better manager and has the better experience so I would have him as manager and JJ as his assistant if the job were to be split. This would make even more sense if JJ still wanted to play.
  • Why would JJ be Manager over Euell???

Surely Euell has more experience (with U23's) and probably all his badges.
  • Cannot understand the suggestions of managers/management dream teams to get us out of trouble - it is not possible for anyone to be successful whilst Roland owns us and Katrien runs us (and the unwashed teenager is scouting for us).

Put whoever you want in charge, it will not make a difference. Would not want to see Jacko, Euell or anyone else connected to the club tarnishing their reputation under this regime.

The reason we've got useless Slade in charge is because he's the only one desperate enough for a job to be willing to work for these halfwits.
  • MrLargo said:

Cannot understand the suggestions of managers/management dream teams to get us out of trouble - it is not possible for anyone to be successful whilst Roland owns us and Katrien runs us (and the unwashed teenager is scouting for us).

Put whoever you want in charge, it will not make a difference. Would not want to see Jacko, Euell or anyone else connected to the club tarnishing their reputation under this regime.

The reason we've got useless Slade in charge is because he's the only one desperate enough for a job to be willing to work for these halfwits.

we now have some decent players .. Slade is simply not getting them to play anywhere near their potential .. there's an air of doom all over the club, an air of self fulfilling prophecy .. I am convinced that (say) JJ and /or Euell could get us moving, playing and climbing the table ..
    this would not suit a lot of CLifers though ... any success, any improvement under Duchatalet would be seen as a potential vindication of his recent changes, and as a backward step to his leaving the club
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure JJ had what it takes to be manager yet, though of course you don't know until you give them a go. There's more to being a manager/coach than being a good bloke

The same applies to Euell as well.

• edited October 2016
    I think the failure to address the midfield shows how bad this regime are. They say they learned lessons, but went into the season with an unbalanced squad, as they did last season. But the squad does contain players that are above the level. We need a manager who has teh flair to find a way round the self imposed handicap our transfer dealings always seem to put on us. Can the midfiled be balanced. There are options. It is just that Slade is an old school boring, thick English manager. If he had Messi in the squad and Messi said he didn't want to play for us, he would play Foley above him. He is incapableof using diplomatic, people management skills.

He is a million miles from Messi, but Ba is the most likely player who can fill the gap we have in the middle. The club is paying him. We need the manager to try to motivate the lad to try his best and play for us. With Tex, we have for a couple of months a centre half who could do a job for a lower Premiership team. FFS, I'm sure JJ could get him playing for us!

Slade thinks he knows more thaneverybody else, but fans from his other clubs will tell the same stories as he we are experiencing. He has no flair, no balls (you need balls to get the best out of the squad we have as an offensive approach is demanded). I confident that if JJ was offered the job, he would take it and Katrien knows that. So what is stopping her trying to salvage our season. I can tell you it certainly wouldn't make things worse.
  • I'm not sure JJ had what it takes to be manager yet, though of course you don't know until you give them a go. There's more to being a manager/coach than being a good bloke

The same applies to Euell as well.

Agreed. Not just in relation to us, but generally. Not at all convinced by the apparently widely held view that Ryan Giggs is a great manager and should walk straight into a top flight job.

Alan Shearer was a great player and a fine captain, but a shocking manager who really needs to pipe down when slagging off the England set up.
  • edited October 2016

MrLargo said:

Cannot understand the suggestions of managers/management dream teams to get us out of trouble - it is not possible for anyone to be successful whilst Roland owns us and Katrien runs us (and the unwashed teenager is scouting for us).

we now have some decent players .. Slade is simply not getting them to play anywhere near their potential .. there's an air of doom all over the club, an air of self fulfilling prophecy .. I am convinced that (say) JJ and /or Euell could get us moving, playing and climbing the table ..
    this would not suit a lot of CLifers though ... any success, any improvement under Duchatalet would be seen as a potential vindication of his recent changes, and as a backward step to his leaving the club
    Why are you convinced of that? I didn't think much of Peeters or Luzon, but ultimately their failure was as a direct consequence of being given a thin, poor quality squad. What's changed? We've now got a shedload of centrebacks but no quality cover for Solly at rightback, no quality cover for Fox at left back and very little quality at all in central midfield - Jacko is still our best central midfielder, when he's at an age when we should be using him sparingly. Holmes and (possibly) Botaka are good wingers but again no decent back up, and the jury's out on the forwards - Magennis has done ok but looks very limited to me and Ajose looks like a disaster if we really spent £700k on him.

Look up Slade's managerial record on Wikipedia - he's done ok to very well everywhere else he's been, no coincidence that the worst period of his career happens to be under the employment of the Roland and Pinocchio.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Why are you convinced of that? I didn't think much of Peeters or Luzon, but ultimately their failure was as a direct consequence of being given a thin, poor quality squad. What's changed? We've now got a shedload of centrebacks but no quality cover for Solly at rightback, no quality cover for Fox at left back and very little quality at all in central midfield - Jacko is still our best central midfielder, when he's at an age when we should be using him sparingly. Holmes and (possibly) Botaka are good wingers but again no decent back up, and the jury's out on the forwards - Magennis has done ok but looks very limited to me and Ajose looks like a disaster if we really spent £700k on him.

Look up Slade's managerial record on Wikipedia - he's done ok to very well everywhere else he's been, no coincidence that the worst period of his career happens to be under the employment of the Roland and Pinocchio.
    Foley and Chicksen are perfectly decent cover at full back, leaving aside the option of Botaka at RB or one of the youngsters like Archie Edwards. The only real failing is in central midfield, but when you look at all the other sides in L1, I'm sure they have failings too.

• Alan Stubbs sacked by Rotherham
  • shirty5 said:

Alan Stubbs sacked by Rotherham

They should have chosen Slade.
  • shirty5 said:

with their current squad, only Neil Warnock and/or God could get them off the bottom ((:>)
  • shirty5 said:

They should have chosen Slade.
    Slade would do well there (well let's be honest, he wouldn't....)
  • shirty5 said:

An amazing turnaround when you look at their performances before Colin took over, his incredible winning run, and their struggles this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bagpuss Arry was on the wireless the other day talking up Kevin Bond, saying he deserves a go in management, what do you all think? Give him a go?
  • shirty5 said:

An amazing turnaround when you look at their performances before Colin took over, his incredible winning run, and their struggles this season.
    Underlines what a good manager he is, and gets the best out of what he has to work with.
  • Bagpuss Arry was on the wireless the other day talking up Kevin Bond, saying he deserves a go in management, what do you all think? Give him a go?

I'm shaken,not stirred by that idea.
  • Rotherham in talks with Jackett, would be great replacement for Slade.
  • Rotherham in talks with Jackett, would be great replacement for Slade.

Jackett would be a great fit for CAFC,
    and Taylor made for this South London Club.
    When We have a Varney consortuim in place.
    He would be my Bespoke choice,
    and not some off the peg Blazer.

Suits you sir.
  • We're definitely closing in on the January Transfer Window now.

Wolves have sacked Walter Zenga!!
  • We're definitely closing in on the January Transfer Window now.

Wolves have sacked Walter Zenga!!

Lol, that went well then, another foreign owner playing at football manger.
  • Jackett's available
  • Leuth said:

Jackett's available

Got any 42" regulars?