Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Good appointment if he does there what he did @ Burton rather than Queens Park Rangers!!
  • Sir Chris Powell had an interview for the Northampton job.
  • I hope they reinforce the chairs........
  • Adi Pennock (Gillingham) has gone as had John Sheridan (Oldham)

Busy day for replacements in League One today

Funnily both were appointed in January

no surprise .. Sheridan must be near a record for jobs held (unsuccessfully mostly) and Pennock was always on a loser down Medway way .. we'll just see another round of musical (or should it be electric) chairs
  • Maybe Pennock and Day got pumped because they only beat Charlton 1-0
  • Chris Powell rocks up at Gillingham and at the end of the season falls 3 points short of 6th place........ but pips Charlton who finish 6 points short of the play off's in 9th........ you heard it here first.

no surprise .. Sheridan must be near a record for jobs held (unsuccessfully mostly) and Pennock was always on a loser down Medway way .. we'll just see another round of musical (or should it be electric) chairs
    3rd time he has left the Oldham managers job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love The Tank to be our manager.
  • He's had a pretty underwhelming managerial career, which is a surprise

2006–2007 Braga (assistant)
    2007 Braga
    2008–2010 Olhanense
    2010 Académica
    2011–2012 CFR Cluj
    2012–2013 AEL Limassol
    2013–2014 Anorthosis
    2014 Paços Ferreira
    2014–2016 Gabon
    2017 Sfaxien
    2017 Arouca
  • Craig Shakespeare sacked by Leicester City

Second Premier League Manager gone already!!... Wonder if they'll go down this season too

Second Premier League Manager gone already!!... Wonder if they'll go down this season too

Blimey. I imagine Ranieri will be slightly amused...

I can't see Ancellotti wanting the job, can't think of any other obvious out of work candidates

I can't see Ancellotti wanting the job, can't think of any other obvious out of work candidates
    Sam

Thomas Tuchel could be linked by someone on drugs

Frank de Boer maybe?
  • Allydyce to Leicester with Robinson as assistant. That's why big Sam was at the Valley on Saturday.
  • Allydyce to Leicester with Robinson as assistant. That's why big Sam was at the Valley on Saturday.

Jose Riga was sacked on Saturday, so he will then come back to The Valley. Or will Luzon get the job after saying those nice things about Katrien...

Thomas Tuchel could be linked by someone on drugs

Frank de Boer maybe?
    Pardew is the name I forgot...it would be interesting if Pardew's Leicester and Palace were fighting to avoid the last relegation spot...
  • Sponsored links:

• Never a better reason to use this... He's their Assistant Manager, SURELY has to be put in temp charge?

For once it might come true...
  • edited October 2017
    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was Chris Coleman as next Leicester Manager.
  • Sacked after 8 games during which time Leicester have had to put up with an unsettled Mahrez and played four of the teams who will finish in the top six.
  • edited October 2017
    no surprise that 'The Bard' has been given the MacBeth treatment ..
    seems like a nice man and all that but promoted above his ability ..

I watched the Foxes v West Brom game last night .. Shakeys selection and tactics were woeful and I suspect that even if he didn't 'lose the dressing room', the players are not too sad to see him go .. will he ever get another managerial role ? .. I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen
  • no surprise that 'The Bard' has been given the MacBeth treatment ..
    seems like a nice man and all that but promoted above his ability ..

I watched the Foxes v West Brom game last night .. Shakeys selection and tactics were woeful and I suspect that even if he didn't 'lose the dressing room', the players are not too sad to see him go .. will he ever get another managerial role ? .. I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen

He won’t get another Managerial job I wouldn’t have thought. Bit like Brian Kidd - good Number 2 but not good enough for the top job.
  • I always thought that Shakespeare was an odd fellow. Some of the things he's said ...

All that glisters is not gold. We have seen better days.

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. All the world ‘s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.’

I am a man more sinned against than sinning. The course of true love never did run smooth. Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.

And finally a cab, a cab, his King Power for a cab?

"Is this a dagger which I see before me?"

"No it's your P45, you're sacked"
  • Could do with one of those accounts for SCP as well...