Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 10 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• sm said:

RedChaser said:

sm said:

Just don't stop thinking about tomorrow - i'll be better than before - Addicks 2-1.

I'm hoping it's going to be a landslide, it's all about dreams you know, oh well let's wait and see :wink: .
    Over my head I'm afraid!
    Albatross?
  • I just look at the team we could put out and it is a top of the league team. But being a Charlton fan for as long as I have I am a) not expecting that team to start and b) whatever team it is to let them come on to us.

I don't know if you mean top of the league or simply top 3, but while I agree defense and the wide players look very strong, I just can't get past that central midfield. In a magical world where everyone is fit and Kashi plays then, yes, might be more inclined to agree. But in the interim having Foley/Crofts/JJ in midfield, and we're yet to see Wolf City, means that the forwards have a much harder job, which has a strong knock-on effect of how effective Ajose is.
  • Pedro45 said:

Cool and cloudy in Blackpool this morning, after a damp night. Could hear Johnson swearing over the fireworks last night!

If f***ing Johnson f***ing doesn't f***ing like the f***ing weather, he f***ing, shouldn't f***ing travel.
  • A Wolf Crofts City central midfield is probably as good as L1 gets tbf
  • Starting line up has to win this. On paper that's a promotion side by miles:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Konsa
    Pearce
    Lookman
    Crofts
    Ulvestad
    Holmes
    Ajose
    Magennis

Subs:

Phillips
    Bauer
    Foley
    Lennon
    Johnson
    Novak
    Botaka
  • Fair play to Slade, he's picked an attacking side that looks strong. But I think it's been overlooked that Fleetwood are quite decent. They're a young team with, in my opinion, the best coach in the division. Looking forward to today.

• We could only have dreamed about a side and bench like that last Christmas.
  • Why have three centre half's on the bench?
  • edited September 2016
    If that squad stays fit, we should be there or thereabouts come May.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Why have three centre half's on the bench?

Because Tex is upset he hasn't been picked.

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 23m23 minutes ago
    CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly (c), Konsa, Pearce, Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad, Holmes, Lookman, Magennis, Holmes. #cafc #CAFCLive

Our strongest possible lineup i would say, he wants a win!
    CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Foley, Bauer, Johnson, Lennon, Botaka, Novak. #cafc
  • dickplumb said:

Yeah that's the one thing that's baffling to me. Would rather have one of Chicksen, Muldoon, or RCC than Johnson.
  • SDAddick said:

Fair play to Slade, he's picked an attacking side that looks strong. But I think it's been overlooked that Fleetwood are quite decent. They're a young team with, in my opinion, the best coach in the division. Looking forward to today.

Slade seems to have swapped Ulvestad for Foley.

And Lookman for Jackson.
    That's all.

Seems like a diamond midfield - Crofts sitting, Holmes and Ulvestad narrow wide, and Lookman in the hole behind the front 2 in a free role?

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Fair play to Slade, he's picked an attacking side that looks strong. But I think it's been overlooked that Fleetwood are quite decent. They're a young team with, in my opinion, the best coach in the division. Looking forward to today.

Slade seems to have swapped Ulvestad for Foley.

And Lookman for Jackson.
    That's all.

Seems like a diamond midfield - Crofts sitting, Holmes and Ulvestad narrow wide, and Lookman in the hole behind the front 2 in a free role?

Reckon its a 4-4-2 with holmes and lookman out wide
    CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly (c), Konsa, Pearce, Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad, Holmes, Lookman, Magennis, Holmes. #cafc #CAFCLive

Our strongest possible lineup i would say, he wants a win!

Holmes is gonna struggle to play two positions at once !
  • SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

Yeah that's the one thing that's baffling to me. Would rather have one of Chicksen, Muldoon, or RCC than Johnson.
    Charles- Cook, Aribo or Muldoon are worth a go on the bench.

• The Eggman once again features in a Charlton fixture (he's on the bench for Fleetwood) Praise the Lord!