Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 10 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Dave2l said:

Trying to think of a joke related to this fixture where the answers fleetwood Mac

Not the answer but the question.

I was going to go with my Scottish Mate.

"Are you going to Fleetwood, Mac "?

"Well, my heart beat like a hammer
    My eyes plumb full of tears
    Yes, my heart beat like a hammer
    My eyes plumb full of tears
    She's been gone about an hour
    But it seems like a thousand years"

"Nae Bother big man"
  • Fleetwood are a much better side than most people think and are extremely tough at home.
    I'm expecting it to be a very hard game and a draw wouldn't be a bad result.

2-2 ( Ajose , Pearce)
  • The most superfluous piece ever - http://www.charltonathletic-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/fleetwood_town/vs/charlton_athletic/index.shtml

Russell Slade said in the press conference that Jacko's a doubt, so I expect we'll see Ulvestad's debut (Hobson's choice, in any event). I'd like to see Lookman start, although I suspect Russell will opt for a more conservative approach and then look to unleash Ademola from the bench in the second half.

We should be good enough to take something from the game and I wouldn't be unhappy with a point.
  • Blucher said:

The most superfluous piece ever - http://www.charltonathletic-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/fleetwood_town/vs/charlton_athletic/index.shtml

Russell Slade said in the press conference that Jacko's a doubt, so I expect we'll see Ulvestad's debut (Hobson's choice, in any event). I'd like to see Lookman start, although I suspect Russell will opt for a more conservative approach and then look to unleash Ademola from the bench in the second half.

We should be good enough to take something from the game and I wouldn't be unhappy with a point.

Suppose we could see Lookman and Holmes on the flanks with Crofts and Foley in the Centre
  • Not sure why Slade wouldn't want to play his best team in a tough game, but you only have to look at Hodgson to see what they do!
  • I'm surprised so many are tipping us to win. Fleetwood are 3rd and their only defeat was at league leaders Bolton 2-1. They were winning there as well at HT.

I'll go 1-1, but I'm always wrong.
  • I'm surprised so many are tipping us to win. Fleetwood are 3rd and their only defeat was at league leaders Bolton 2-1. They were winning there as well at HT.

I'll go 1-1, but I'm always wrong.

I think your spot on there; I am afraid we will go 1 up sit back and concede. 1-1 Fleetwood are going to be be a very good side this year mark my words
  • edited September 2016
    It is clear they are decent. The Charlton team that has been suggested on here seems more than decent. I will be miffed if we have Foley and don't start with Lookman or Bauer and go defensive. Quite an important game in terms of giving us an idea what to expect.
  • As per usual, we are in September and still trying to get players fit and the new guys to bed in. Fleetwood have hit the ground running and we have not put in a 90 minute solid performance away from home yet.
    Even at Walsall we rode our luck. If Bury away's the benchmark then how are guys tipping CAFC to win ? are we going to try to negate then and hit them on the break or unleash the talent of Holmes and Lookman and even Botaka on them.
    I think we will go with the former and lose 2-1.
    I want them to prove me wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• As per usual, we are in September and still trying to get players fit and the new guys to bed in. Fleetwood have hit the ground running and we have not put in a 90 minute solid performance away from home yet.
    Even at Walsall we rode our luck. If Bury away's the benchmark then how are guys tipping CAFC to win ? are we going to try to negate then and hit them on the break or unleash the talent of Holmes and Lookman and even Botaka on them.

New guys to bed in?

Pearce, Magennis, Holmes, Rudd all have bedded in bedded in fine, as have Crofts and Foley!

Fleetwood are playing well at the moment, but I suspect will slip away at some point. A draw tomorrow, though we might nick a win
  • Dave2l said:

Trying to think of a joke related to this fixture where the answers fleetwood Mac

Well if it is raining this Weekend dont forget to take your... Mac to Fleetwood
    Time to get yourcoat Mac mate :wink: .
  • edited September 2016

As per usual, we are in September and still trying to get players fit and the new guys to bed in. Fleetwood have hit the ground running and we have not put in a 90 minute solid performance away from home yet.

New guys to bed in?

The guys you mentioned have had decent starts to their stay at CAFC.
    But i was thinking of Botaka,who can be a game changer,
    Ajose who is capable of being a 20 goal plus striker in league 1 if the right ball is played to him in the box.
    Ulvestad our new box to box midfielder who wasn't needed in the Prem but can he play in League 1 ?
    Bauer who feels like a new signing. Will he get back to being the player in the first half of last season.

We are a long way off knowing our best 11 at home or away.
    or even the way we approach games.

• The Charlton players took the train up this afternoon, I'll look out for Roger Johnson tonight!
  • If we are going to aspire to be promoted a defeat is out of the question. I take us to show we are progressing with a 2-0 win.
  • Collaborator Lookman, Collaborator Ulvestad and Collaborator Ajose to fire us to a deeply unpatriotic 3-0 win
  • Very tough fixture and I do not expect a win. They have won several on the trot and we may be a bit rusty again? 1-0 to Fleetwood as our corner curse hits us again.
  • I have one adult and one child return tickets, but you MUST have a friends and family railcard.

£40 for the pair
  • in 2004/05 season we finished 11th in the prem.............Fleetwood won the North West Counties Division 1 title and promotion to the Unibond League

.....and now we are playing them in the league...depressing

0-2 win

Could have said the same when we played Wimbledon back in the Premier League though?

They were once a Non-League team themselves.. Or Wigan?
    Indeed - things change in football. We're one league below where we've spent most of our century of existence bar the odd halcyon period and they're a club who've gone on a roll like Wimbledon, Wigan, Burton and others before them.
  • I just look at the team we could put out and it is a top of the league team. But being a Charlton fan for as long as I have I am a) not expecting that team to start and b) whatever team it is to let them come on to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    1-3 Ajose 2 and Holmes
  • Cool and cloudy in Blackpool this morning, after a damp night. Could hear Johnson swearing over the fireworks last night!
  • Cool and cloudy in Blackpool this morning, after a damp night. Could hear Johnson swearing over the fireworks last night!
  • Pedro45 said:

Cool and cloudy in Blackpool this morning, after a damp night. Could hear Johnson swearing over the fireworks last night!

No that was me! Horrible weather for the display, I've just about dried out now!
  • cafcfan said:

Update from team hotel in Blackpool. I think the new guy Freddie Ulvestad travelled with the squad as did someone I didn't recognise - Matt Carter maybe?
    Haven't seen Jackson about at all. But that might not mean anything.
    Russell Slade cleared the breakfast buffet out of bacon and Lookie wasn't allowed near anything hot in case he hurt himself.

(I lied about the last bits.)

Wouldn't be too surprised if the skipper didn't travel. If he's a doubt and the game has come too soon for him, would rather him stay at home and continue rehab efforts. I was wondering if RCC or Muldoon might make the bench if JJ couldn't. Assuming Ulvestad, Foley, and Crofts all start, would be good to see a central midfielder on the bench, though in my opinion Solly can fill in fine at central midfield.

To those going today, enjoy yourselves!
  • smsm
    edited September 2016
    Dave2l said:

I think you'll have to go your own way on that.
  • Just don't stop thinking about tomorrow - i'll be better than before - Addicks 2-1.
  • edited September 2016
    sm said:

Just don't stop thinking about tomorrow - i'll be better than before - Addicks 2-1.

I'm hoping it's going to be a landslide, it's all about dreams you know, oh well let's wait and see :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

sm said:

Just don't stop thinking about tomorrow - i'll be better than before - Addicks 2-1.

I'm hoping it's going to be a landslide, it's all about dreams you know, oh well let's wait and see :wink: .
    Over my head I'm afraid!