Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 10 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

I think Slade will make two changes to the side:

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Holmes Crofts Ulvestad Jackson
    Ajose Magennis

Phillips, Konsa, Lennon, Chicksen, Foley, Lookman, Hanlan

Novak still not quite ready, but should be for home game against Wimbledon. Konsa unlucky not to start but Bauer forces his way into the side. Botaka unlucky to miss out too as I'll be surprised if any of the others on the bench was to miss out. Tex now being overlooked but thankfully it's the first squad without Johnson.

2-1 Charlton.
    Magennis getting his first for the club.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd be frustrated to see two center backs and two fullbacks (admittedly Foley can play in midfield) on the bench with a winger missing out.

Assuming everyone is fit after a week and a half break, this weekend starts the center back selection headache for Slade.
    I just thought for an away game knowing Slade he is likely to be more cautious. I also thought he would see Foley as cover for centre midfield, Konsa as cover for right back, Lennon and Chicksen obvious where they will play. Lookman out wide or up top and Hanlan due to Novak being out.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to have Botaka on the bench instead of someone else, but with Chicksen covering full back and a new signing, Konsa playing a lot recently and able to play full back, Lennon now fit, and not a chance I see Foley being totally dropped, it was the only logical solution I saw.

Just have to see of course, but 2-1 win I am sticking at.
    Yeah absolutely fair enough, and your thinking makes total sense. Were I picking the team I would pick one of Lennon or Konsa as both can cover center back and a fullback position. Neither are ideal at fullback, but in a squad of 18 compromises will always need to be made.
  • 1-3 cafc (Ajose hatrick)
  • sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Solly
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Fox
    Holmes
    Ulvestad
    Crofts
    Lookman
    Ajose
    Magennis

Phillips, Foley, Konsa, Chicksen, Botaka, Jackson, Novak

3-0

like the look of that team
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Yes, it looks very strong for this level.
  • sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Solly
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Fox
    Holmes
    Ulvestad
    Crofts
    Lookman
    Ajose
    Magennis

3-0

Have to agree,i would play Bauer,Ulvestad and Lookman no ifs or buts 3 points is required.

If we come away from this ground without 100% effort than it will be ahard slog this season.

With this team is no reason we can not get the win which is required.

Expect to see most of the Charlton wearing the new Black and White shirt.Well done to all.

PS....The thing i do not want to witness is another Cheltenham performance by the team.

2-0 TO CHARLTON Holmes and Ajose,that well make my weekend.
  • sam3110 said:

Rudd
    Solly
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Fox
    Holmes
    Ulvestad
    Crofts
    Lookman
    Ajose
    Magennis

3-0

Have to agree,i would play Bauer,Ulvestad and Lookman no ifs or buts 3 points is required.

If we come away from this ground without 100% effort than it will be ahard slog this season.

With this team is no reason we can not get the win which is required.

Expect to see most of the Charlton wearing the new Black and White shirt.Well done to all.

PS....The thing i do not want to witness is another Cheltenham performance by the team.

2-0 TO CHARLTON Holmes and Ajose,that well make my weekend.
    Cheltenham performance was there because Slade doesnt want Cup distractions (Just look at the Southampton effort)... We've been fine since then and should have got maximum points in all
  • I'm away so hoping the addicks can win and help make my week on holiday even better. COYR's
  • Tricky team selection, in my humble opinion our best team would be:

Rudd
    Solly
    Pearce
    Bauer
    Fox
    Lookman
    Crofts
    Jackson
    Holmes
    Magennis
    Ajose

It would be harsh to drop Konsa after such a good start, while Ulvestad will add greatly if he is the desired box to box midfielder, especially if Jacko is injured. Lookman must start and him and Holmes supplying Ajose and Magennis should be too much for Fleetwood. Hard fought 2-0, Holmes and Ajose.
  • 0-1 to us. Yep i know... surprised myself there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Look at the table, Fleetwood are third, they are the proverbial little club fighting and succeeding at a level ostensibly beyond their reach (c.f. Burton Albion)

I'll be happy with a point but would love the three

Fleetwood Town 1 v CAFC 1 .. alas. can't make it to the far west coast this weekend
  • I think we can win this . I'd like to see Tex play to be honest. We have a very good player at here at this level. I see no reason to just keep him in the reserves
  • Look at the table, Fleetwood are third, they are the proverbial little club fighting and succeeding at a level ostensibly beyond their reach (c.f. Burton Albion)

I'll be happy with a point but would love the three

Fleetwood Town 1 v CAFC 1 .. alas. can't make it to the far west coast this weekend

Yes but they've been well backed by Andy Pilley. Not necessarily in a bad way, but he's put something like 10m into them.
  • A massive 4-0
    Ajose hat trick
    Jackson free kick

Rudd to keep a clean sheet.
    RoJo to keep a civil tongue.

Now you're just being silly.

So far, I'm batting a 1000 for wins on away trips, let's hope the boys can keep that up.
  • I think Fleetwood will be too good for us 2-0.
  • I don't think Lookman will start. I think Russ will start with his unbeaten side unless JJ still needs resting.
  • An entertaining 2-2 draw.
  • Good preview, think we'll draw 1-1 let a one goal slip lead. Holmes with our goal. COYR
  • In a title winning season we'd win this 1-0.

We won't win the title but have enough to be up there challenging for at least the play-offs, 1-1. It'll be blamed on Slade continuing with the same midfield after leaving both Lookman and Ulvestad on the bench.
  • in 2004/05 season we finished 11th in the prem.............Fleetwood won the North West Counties Division 1 title and promotion to the Unibond League

.....and now we are playing them in the league...depressing

0-2 win
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the last time we played at Highbury we lost 3-0 (in 2006)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4796508.stm

I don't think Fleetwood will be able to bring Van Persie, Alex Song and Bergkamp off the bench though!

Arsenal: Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb (Van Persie 68), Fabregas (Song Billong 78), Silva, Pires, Henry, Adebayor (Bergkamp 68).

• in 2004/05 season we finished 11th in the prem.............Fleetwood won the North West Counties Division 1 title and promotion to the Unibond League

.....and now we are playing them in the league...depressing

0-2 win

Could have said the same when we played Wimbledon back in the Premier League though?

They were once a Non-League team themselves.. Or Wigan?
  • I think we can win this . I'd like to see Tex play to be honest. We have a very good player at here at this level. I see no reason to just keep him in the reserves
    Agree with Cables - Tex should play if fit.
  • 2 - 2 draw with goals from Fox and Lookman
  • edited September 2016

2 - 2 draw with goals from Fox and Lookman

If Fox scores @Henry Irving I'll donate a tenner towards the 1934 Div 3 South medal (last of the big spenders). Every time he crosses the half way line (cough) I'll be screaming at him to get back :wink: 1-2 Addicks away win.
  • Fleetwood 4-2 Charlton
  • I still don't get this idea of leaving Lookman on the bench. If KM is serious about keeping him for the whole season, the team should be built around getting the best out of him
  • Trying to think of a joke related to this fixture where the answers fleetwood Mac
  • Dave2l said:

Trying to think of a joke related to this fixture where the answers fleetwood Mac

Well if it is raining this Weekend dont forget to take your... Mac to Fleetwood