Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Members of East Kent Addicks to meet KM and other Senior Club personnel at 1.00 on Sat 27 August

Comments

• edited August 2016
    She is incabable of building bridges - she has been told to shut up because the more she talks the more she incites. For me, she has organised this meeting almost certainly to tick a box and with a view to deceive rather than a wish for meaningful dialogue. She is hoping that some guy with a beard and wearing socks and sandals will ask why the onion content is down in the burgers. If she is asked about the ABC, if she is challenged over the training ground and asked to acknowledge mistakes. If she is asked why she has vetoed takeover talks etc... whether the answers are genuine or not, I would like to hear them.

I'm sure the Democrats in America are delighted everytime Trump opens his mouth. We should be too when KM opens hers!
  • A pointless exercise in my opinion. Although I do hope those in attendance make it clear to the SMT that this is a battle they won't win.
  • Be sure to read this article before attending an event of this kind ;)

http://financeglobal.info/8-surefire-ways-to-spot-a-liar/
  • I am al for communication, with RD.

KM may have the title of CEO but she is nothing more than a glorified post box between RD and the fans. If you want to complain to your boss you don't book an hour long meeting to speak to his PA.

Maybe this is the way to go for all supporter groups, including East Kent Addicks. Reply and say you'll accept the meeting as long as Duchatelet is there.
    If it is a EFL requirement to meet fans then this action would effectively render KM redundant as they would be forced to wheel out RD who would be mightily pissed off. What a shame that would be.
  • Has anyone ever attended a supporters' branch meeting where the club was challenged by the questioning? I'm not sure I have. The nature of the audience tends to be that people are grateful for the opportunity just to listen to people from the club saying whatever they want to say.

Actually I have. Richard Murray was given quite a tough time at a Bromley meeting I attended just after Wendy Perfect had left the club. From memory your name might have come up too Airman.

I've also seen KM get quite a grilling at Bromley too. She became very defensive and, in my view, looked like she was going to cry at one point.

I do agree with your assessment though Airman. Logically though we all know that if we don't behave when we are 'invited' somewhere we run the risk of not being asked back. The same applies if we behave in an unpleasant manner to guests they might decline out invitation to come again.

On the subject of EKA being told that they must decline an invitation and/or be told what they can and cannot ask if they do go I think this is unfair and unrealistic.

I also think that questions that are, in reality, rhetorical and spiteful are pointless and probably play into her hands.
    If KM has only been to one Bromley meeting I was there and at no point did she look remotely like crying. If she thought that was a grilling no wonder she stopped practicing law!
  • Has anyone ever attended a supporters' branch meeting where the club was challenged by the questioning? I'm not sure I have. The nature of the audience tends to be that people are grateful for the opportunity just to listen to people from the club saying whatever they want to say.

Actually I have. Richard Murray was given quite a tough time at a Bromley meeting I attended just after Wendy Perfect had left the club. From memory your name might have come up too Airman.

I've also seen KM get quite a grilling at Bromley too. She became very defensive and, in my view, looked like she was going to cry at one point.

I do agree with your assessment though Airman. Logically though we all know that if we don't behave when we are 'invited' somewhere we run the risk of not being asked back. The same applies if we behave in an unpleasant manner to guests they might decline out invitation to come again.

On the subject of EKA being told that they must decline an invitation and/or be told what they can and cannot ask if they do go I think this is unfair and unrealistic.

I also think that questions that are, in reality, rhetorical and spiteful are pointless and probably play into her hands.
    If KM has only been to one Bromley meeting I was there and at no point did she look remotely like crying. If she thought that was a grilling no wonder she stopped practicing law!
    If she has, indeed, only been to Bromley once then your view is different to mine. You will note that I, deliberately, used the phrase 'in my view'. The fact that you didn't says more about you than it does me.

However, for the avoidance of doubt, despite what you said, in my view, I thought she looked like she was going to cry.

Maybe I'm wrong but, naturally, I don't think I am which, by definition, means that I think you are. I just wouldn't be so rude about saying it.
  • Can anyone sort @Airman Brown out with an EKA membership?

I asked him a similar question outside the Valley last night!
  • mogodon said:

Please for the love of God, just decline it guys. You are prolonging the fight by giving her the chance of communication and to lie about how good everything is and how beautiful the Club is, which is then relayed to the media and downplays the seriousness of the entire matter.

We can't maon about a lack of communication and then moan when a meeting is set up. But given the previous form she has shown, she is likely to put her foot in it during the evening because she is so clueless about engaging brain before mouth she won't be able to help herself. One to attend for those who enjoy watching car crashes as they happen.
    I don't think anyone cares about a lack of communication anymore. We're well past that.
    You mean that you don't care? How presumptuous of you to assume that everyone shares your view - especially as there are several posts on this thread that suggest many do care.

Gosh, It's a good job that neither RD nor KM assume that they are always right otherwise one of them might have concluded that those unhappy were approximately one fiftieth of the fan base!
  • edited August 2016

mogodon said:

Please for the love of God, just decline it guys. You are prolonging the fight by giving her the chance of communication and to lie about how good everything is and how beautiful the Club is, which is then relayed to the media and downplays the seriousness of the entire matter.

We can't maon about a lack of communication and then moan when a meeting is set up. But given the previous form she has shown, she is likely to put her foot in it during the evening because she is so clueless about engaging brain before mouth she won't be able to help herself. One to attend for those who enjoy watching car crashes as they happen.
    I don't think anyone cares about a lack of communication anymore. We're well past that.
    You mean that you don't care? How presumptuous of you to assume that everyone shares your view - especially as there are several posts on this thread that suggest many do care.

Gosh, It's a good job that neither RD nor KM assume that they are always right otherwise one of them might have concluded that those unhappy were approximately one fiftieth of the fan base!
    Bloody hell you're on one today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kings Hill - are your lot going to ask challenging questions or not? That is what I am interested in.
  • RedChaser said:

Weak dipping biscuit is a digestive IMO.
  • RedChaser said:

Weak dipping biscuit is a digestive IMO.
    Yeah fair comment, can't beat ginger nuts :wink:
  • If you know KM is gonna give stock answers regarding any sort of difficult questions, why bother with the whole thing?

All I see is a tick box exercise from the SMT and by attending you're allowing them to tick said box.
  • razil said:

Be sure to read this article before attending an event of this kind ;)

I've read a whole book on lies and half truths. One interesting fact was that lying on the radio (I don't mean physically lying on a radio) is far easier than on TV. As the article points out, it is because we can see various aspects of body language on TV.

However, the book did point out that some people are better liars than others. I'll leave the good folk on this forum to decide whether our CEO is a good liar or not.
  • If you know KM is gonna give stock answers regarding any sort of difficult questions, why bother with the whole thing?

All I see is a tick box exercise from the SMT and by attending you're allowing them to tick said box.

I guess no one knows for sure so they can make a decision on the day.
  • Branch meeting are usually be chaired by supporters. Interesting to know who will chair this and therefore move matters on to suit their purpose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Branch meeting are usually be chaired by supporters. Interesting to know who will chair this and therefore move matters on to suit their purpose.

Sid Cheesewright. We need to get to the bottom of what's going on with these trains to away games and POTY year clipboards.

Sid Cheesewright. We need to get to the bottom of what's going on with these trains to away games and POTY year clipboards.
    That's your 30 minutes gone just on the introduction then!
  • edited August 2016
    I have never considered applying to join East Kent Addicks, largely because I don't live in East Kent. I do feel that they have probably been selected as a group that might not give the CEO too much of a hard time. Rightly or wrongly! I wouldn't want the meeting to be toxic, but it would be disapointing if the questions were not sufficiently challenging and if they are and it was felt they have have not been answered, the questioner says as much. Given the short duration, it must make sense for an approach to be co-ordinated by EKA which might give you all a chance to discuss over a pint or two anyway.

Whatever people's views, there is currently an unprecedented crisis in our club and one that cannot be ignored or swept under the carpet!
  • razil said:

I've read a whole book on lies and half truths. One interesting fact was that lying on the radio (I don't mean physically lying on a radio) is far easier than on TV. As the article points out, it is because we can see various aspects of body language on TV.

However, the book did point out that some people are better liars than others. I'll leave the good folk on this forum to decide whether our CEO is a good liar or not.
    How can we be expected to believe you?
  • I think that those who want to go, should. Those that don't, shouldn't.

I think that they should ask any questions that they want and not be put under pressure to ask questions on behalf of others.

They have said that these are going to do these Q&A on a regular basis so those who are not invited to this one now have the opportunity to join as many groups as they like and ask their own questions in due course.

I would appreciate any feedback from these meetings and promise not to criticise or ridicule a contribution by any fan.
  • I want to go please I will take notes with tonys pen whilst his eye is making sure the clicker works
  • razil said:

We'll she's very prolific, so with all the practice she's had she should be pretty good at it. Trouble for her is, her lies are just too damned obvious.

I guess the bottom line is legal advice Peter Varney got, Meire can't have defamed your character because no-one believes her. So, she's a shit liar just like she's a shit CEO.