Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Botaka - CONFIRMED SEASON LONG LOAN

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff. Like him already.
  • Options
    Nice to see him play, as he's barely figured with us. I assume it's only one qualifying game he's playing in this international break?
  • Options
    Their third goal!!!
  • Options
    Certainly looked very good in those clips - hopefully we can get the best out of him. If we can, he could certainly hurt your average League 1 full back.
  • Options
    Looks like a player that needs a fair bit of space to get going. Not sure he will get too much of that in League one. Might be a good impact sub though.
  • Options
    Set up the 3rd & scored the 4th (looked like to me).
  • Options

Looks like a player that needs a fair bit of space to get going. Not sure he will get too much of that in League one. Might be a good impact sub though.

I dunno, he does really well to make a half yard of space and get a cross in for their third (which he assisted, lovely finish). Also, if you put him on the opposite flank to Holmes or Lookman (or have one on one wing and one through the middle) he could well get a decent amount of space as teams look to double up on those two.

He also looks like an old fashioned winger who wants to hug the touchline, which could give us some great natural width (which we don't get from overlapping fullbacks and Holmes and Lookman both seem to prefer playing on the left and cutting in).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He looks absolutely thrilled to be here.
    He's displaying his sangfroid.
  • Options

He looks absolutely thrilled to be here.
    He's displaying his sangfroid.
    Cool Blood Bro.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/bipgWisdUMc
    Looks like he played right wing today, also assisted one.

Cracking goal, placed with a side foot rather than just thumped.
  • Options
    But does he drink Um Bongo though?
  • Options

So, next international break, who's up for a trip to see DR Congo play?

Elfsborg Addick will be there.

;o)
  • Options
    I think if he does come good it will be a big bonus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Botaka can play like that on the right, Holmes on the left and Lookman through the middle, we'll tear this division a new one.
  • Options

If Botaka can play like that on the right, Holmes on the left and Lookman through the middle, we'll tear this division a new one.

Only if our two man midfield is able to stop all the counter-attacks.

Crofts and Freddy would have a lot of work to do.
  • Options

Agree, as long as we can get the ball to them from the back and the midfield before they are doubled marked.

Plus if all 3 play in a home game at least it will be harder to double mark, unlike when Holmes starts and Lookman and Botaka are on the bench, the opposition know they can get bodies around and take turns in kicking him.
    The Refs in League 1 do seem to let bad tackles go without a card.
  • Options

I'm happy to win 6-3 :smile:
  • Options

So would I but we might lose a few 6 - 3 too
  • Options

Quote from Andy Murray ?
  • Options

So would I but we might lose a few 6 - 3 too
    Not if we play 5 centre halves :smile:
  • Options
    We could rotate our CB'S
  • Options
    good goal but what shocking defending. Even Rojo could get a game for them.