Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Botaka - CONFIRMED SEASON LONG LOAN

Comments

• Options
    johnbaker said:

Why have the club not confirmed this?

Because Katrien was advised not to talk to the media.
  • Options
    Confirmed now.
  • Options
    Welcome Jordan, look forward to seeing what you can do to league one defences
  • Options
    Welcome to Charlton.
  • Options
    Began his professional career in Belgium....tick in the box for the regime...
    Welcome Jordan!
  • Options
    Just what we need. Well done Mr Slade.
  • Options
    Excuse the pessimism but he's probably just gonna be another Harriott. Welcome anyway.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two central midfielders next please.
  • Options

Will be missing for the African Nations - and probably two months either side of it too.

Kap10 said:

If he is any good we lose him to African Nations Cup in January! - Damn beaten by 2 minutes

The one last January or the one in 2018?
    2018 please
  • Options
    Fair play to Katrien, the capital of Congo is Kinshasa
  • Options

Began his professional career in Belgium....tick in the box for the regime...
    Welcome Jordan!

Ffs.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Comment from a mate who is a Leeds Season Ticket Holder

"Impact player. Pace when coming on as a sub late in games. Struggled when starting games. Evans didn't take to him."
  • Options

Will be missing for the African Nations - and probably two months either side of it too.

Kap10 said:

If he is any good we lose him to African Nations Cup in January! - Damn beaten by 2 minutes

The one last January or the one in 2018?
    Or the one next January in Gabon!!
    oops, my mistake

I wish KM and RD could do that
    You'd still be able to see her nose poking out.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

Welcome Jordan. Have a great year at the Valley.
    And, whatever you do, don't take English lessons or learn how to be popular from Roger Johnson

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair dos Russell. Now make them a team.
  • Options
    Hopefully a great success.
  • Options
    Another loan, I can't get too excited for this.
  • Options

He looks absolutely thrilled to be here.
    Touch of the Aaron Lennon's
  • Options
    From what I'm hearing is pace, flair but no end product.

We just loaned out Ceballos as he wasn't suited to English football and loaned in another player who has the attributes but has struggled to make any impact at Leeds after a big money move, hope he adapts and settles in quick and not be another Ceballos, Bergdich...

8 attacking options looks better on paper.

Boyata and Holmes who are natural wide players.

Lookman, Maginess and KAG who can play both wide and as a striker.

And 3 natural strikers in Ajose, Novak and Hanlan.
  • Options
    All the best to our new Wizard.
  • Options
    Normally, there is a payment for the loan, whether there was in this case and how much I do not know, but cheaper that buying a player and giving him a 4 year contract, though it looks like KM has stopped given out long contracts, so perhaps she has learned something
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Another loan, I can't get too excited for this.

Never get this mentality, it means we don't waste money on transfer fees, and you get a player who 90% of the time is looking to play football and isn't happy to sit on the bench, and if the player is good enough it can lead to a permanent deal afterwards.
    You also can get a player who is looking just to stay or get fit and gives 10% effort while his agent looks and touts him around because he can't, for whatever reason, get a game at the club who owns his registration.
    In the last ten years we have had literally dozens of that type and so few of the type you describe I'm struggling to name one success.
  • Options
    Given we're in League 1, this would seem to be a good signing. Reading between the lines it seems he needs a manager who can get the best out of him rather than doing it himself, so let's hope Slade can do that.