Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Botaka - CONFIRMED SEASON LONG LOAN

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLymB01_GUo

Comes across quite well. Soft spoken and a bit shy but seems a nice lad (or is at least well media trained, which is always good).
  • Options
    Seems a good character, as do all of Slade's signings so far.
  • Options
    Knock em cold Jordan.
  • Options
    its caster semenya
  • Options
    Good luck Jordan.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLymB01_GUo

Comes across quite well. Soft spoken and a bit shy but seems a nice lad (or is at least well media trained, which is always good).

Better than some of the SMT...
  • Options
    He signed a two year contract last summer, with Leeds having th option to extend it by two more years.

I imagine he will be out of contract next summer unless something drastic happens. Hopefully he comes good for us and he'd be a good bargain on a permanent transfer.
  • Options

He signed a two year contract last summer, with Leeds having th option to extend it by two more years.

I imagine he will be out of contract next summer unless something drastic happens. Hopefully he comes good for us and he'd be a good bargain on a permanent transfer.

This is one of those things where I hope we have an option to buy...but probably not because we're us.
  • Options
    Has one thing in common with Claus Jensen an Paolo di Canio?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst he does admittedly look pretty good in the video, it's worth noting that most of those clips are from his time in the Dutch 2nd division. A league with non league standard defending where Polish Pete looked like Marco van Basten.
  • Options

His cameo was out of the George Weahs cousin book

That is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. But couldn't remember the players name.
  • Options
    Set myself up for an old peoples joke here haven't I
  • Options
    We do need to give him a bit of a chance though!
  • Options

His cameo was out of the George Weahs cousin book

I think he might be Reza's cousin.
  • Options
    Oh yeah of course not writing him off as it could have been nerves, or not meeting the rest of the team till 2 days before. Hopefully he will come good.
  • Options
    We have to remember the Leeds fans comments were the most positive I remember from a new signings existing supporters for a while.

That can't have been based off of 10 performances worthy of the Mark McCammon Worst Charlton Sub Appearances Ever awards.
  • Options
    I think that it can be very hard for a player to come on with not much time to prove himself. The tendency is to try too hard to impress. I think comparing him to Reza at this stage is ludicrous and we shouldn't make it a self fulfilling prophecy. Give the bloke a chance FFS! I don't know if he will prove to be great, average or crap, but my word!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I think that it can be very hard for a player to come on with not much time to prove himself. The tendency is to try too hard to impress. I think comparing him to Reza at this stage is ludicrous and we shouldn't make it a self fulfilling prophecy. Give the bloke a chance FFS! I don't know if he will prove to be great, average or crap, but my word!

It was a joke ffs. On his 20 mins yesterday I'd have him over Reza any day of the week!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried way too hard to impress but it was pretty clear he has had zero training with the squad, and the way we were playing the end, trying to bomb up the pitch looking for the second goal meant he ended just sprinting from box to box over and over again. Think he'll go on to be a good impact player off the bench.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Another loan, I can't get too excited for this.

Never get this mentality, it means we don't waste money on transfer fees, and you get a player who 90% of the time is looking to play football and isn't happy to sit on the bench, and if the player is good enough it can lead to a permanent deal afterwards.
    Well I hope he improves. He may be a player who looks to play 90% of the time but judging by the performance he put in yesterday it's plain to see why he is surplus to requirements at Leeds.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Never get this mentality, it means we don't waste money on transfer fees, and you get a player who 90% of the time is looking to play football and isn't happy to sit on the bench, and if the player is good enough it can lead to a permanent deal afterwards.
    Well I hope he improves. He may be a player who looks to play 90% of the time but judging by the performance he put in yesterday it's plain to see why he is surplus to requirements at Leeds.
    Based on almost no training with his teammates and 20 minutes of football.

Fuck me I hope you aren't in charge of people in a workplace, if so do you judge them after 20 minutes too? Combined with some other people judging Magennis before he even fucking signed for us, the forum is slowly becoming a joke, a parody of itself.
  • Options
    Looked like he was on a different wavelength from the rest of the team - hard to make any judgement
  • Options
    He's not gonna be orthodox, hopefully he will surprise us but must be given a chance by the fans
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Based on almost no training with his teammates and 20 minutes of football.

Fuck me I hope you aren't in charge of people in a workplace, if so do you judge them after 20 minutes too? Combined with some other people judging Magennis before he even fucking signed for us, the forum is slowly becoming a joke, a parody of itself.
    Well, don't worry what I do, it's irrelevant but for the record it has nothing to do with football, obviously.
    If he has hardly trained with his teammates and that is the excuse for the headless chicken performance what does that say about Slade and the inclusion of him on the bench? After 5 minutes not 20 you could see he was all over the place.
    And yes we all can judge players before they sign for us and why not? It's not as if they have come from some obscure part of the world where there is no media covering their careers. The calibre of player that we will sign while we are in this awful state will not be some hidden gem who suddenly hits a purple patch. We will sign players who are not up to much or don't fit in at their present clubs. We may get lucky, the step down may suit these players and they find their natural level.
    This why I don't like loans, they are surplus to requirements where as a player that has a fee attached is in demand. That's my opinion and it's neither right or wrong just like yours.
    As for parody that's your opinion also but would disagree with you without the expletives.
  • Options
    Had a word with a local Leeds hack who follows them everywhere. He had this to say

'you'll like him, he's good!
    We never found out why he didn't get picked regularly because he always looked great when he came on'

• Options
    Which wing does he play on?

I've been away a couple of days and have lost track....