Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Botaka - CONFIRMED SEASON LONG LOAN

Comments

• Options
    5* skills, 90 odd pace and 80 odd dribbling on FIFA 16.
  • Options

Is he another Premiership star of tomorrow?

Why, does he play rugby too?
  • Options

He looks absolutely thrilled to be here.
    With the exception of Bassong, I think the rest of them on this clip look ecstatic compared to Jordan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlyO_XMGqkI
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Another loan, I can't get too excited for this.

Never get this mentality, it means we don't waste money on transfer fees, and you get a player who 90% of the time is looking to play football and isn't happy to sit on the bench, and if the player is good enough it can lead to a permanent deal afterwards.
    You also can get a player who is looking just to stay or get fit and gives 10% effort while his agent looks and touts him around because he can't, for whatever reason, get a game at the club who owns his registration.
    In the last ten years we have had literally dozens of that type and so few of the type you describe I'm struggling to name one success.
    Why would he do that when he's here for a whole season? I get that can be the case for month long loans but I believe he's out of contract next summer. If it doesn't work out here he probably won't stay in English football. He he does well he should have some interest from clubs in both League One and the Championship next summer.
  • Options
    welcome Jordan .. and all the very best of good fortune
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Never get this mentality, it means we don't waste money on transfer fees, and you get a player who 90% of the time is looking to play football and isn't happy to sit on the bench, and if the player is good enough it can lead to a permanent deal afterwards.
    You also can get a player who is looking just to stay or get fit and gives 10% effort while his agent looks and touts him around because he can't, for whatever reason, get a game at the club who owns his registration.
    In the last ten years we have had literally dozens of that type and so few of the type you describe I'm struggling to name one success.
    Yoni Buyens...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck.

Never heard of him but Slade seems to rate him so that will do.

Clearly has some skill and pace but the question is can he do it consistently in league 1?

We don't know so we'll have to wait and find out.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

It also means we go through all of this yet again next summer. Where's the long-term strategy in rebuilding the squad every year?
  • Options
    With a bit of luck he'll have the awareness of Kyel Reid, the composure of Callum Harriott and the impact of Ricky Otto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he another Premiership star of tomorrow?

Why, does he play rugby too?
    Sign him up
  • Options

With a bit of luck he'll have the awareness of Kyel Reid, the composure of Callum Harriott and the impact of Ricky Otto

Mr Otto certainly made an impact on Saturday!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

sam3110 said:

Why would he do that when he's here for a whole season? I get that can be the case for month long loans but I believe he's out of contract next summer. If it doesn't work out here he probably won't stay in English football. He he does well he should have some interest from clubs in both League One and the Championship next summer.
    Sounds like he's drinking in the last chance saloon. But we are certainly in no position to be picking the prize players.
  • Options
    Oh great another loan player just what we need
  • Options

The Wizard....Look at the confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUZJ2Masz0

Why does no-one ever post a video of a player's worst moments?
  • Options
    Nicknamed the 'wizard' let's hope he's more of a Harry Potter, than a Derek Trotter.
  • Options

The Wizard....Look at the confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUZJ2Masz0

Don't worry, our "fans" will soon knock that out of him!
  • Options
    The clips in the above videos show him [mostly] playing on the right wing. Certainly looks right footed.

Going to be a bit crowded out there with Holmes playing there as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I admit that I am blowing very hot and cold at the moment. That's what comes from supporting Charlton. My last contribution wanted an all out boycott..now I would just like to see a win and some signs of a team emerging. OK, these two signings aren't top players, but what do you expect for a League One club with serious fan problems? At least they were promised and they have happened. Please some light now!!
  • Options
    He looks good on the video. Hope he does well.

• Options

We all know player videos are unreliable. However, he looks like he has more skill and pace than any player we currently have, so let's keep an open mind and hope he's a success.

Agreed, I think it's safe to say he has something we don't currently have. I like that it's a loan deal. Low risk if he continues to struggle to settle here. If he does settle, could be ours next year. Hopefully there's a built in clause.

He looks like a player that will get the crowd on their feet. Inevitably he'll get kicked by some lower league bruising center half (by which I mean Roger Johnson in training), but hopefully he can hold his own and keep running at people. An exiting signing for me. Potential upside is high.
  • Options

He looks absolutely thrilled to be here.
    Reminds me of snoop.

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Oh great another loan player just what we need

A classic example of why this site is so depressing to visit.

Well I will take the words from our favourite player, if you don't like don't come then (expletives removed for the children on this site)

:smiley:
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Bulot left rather a lot of people underwhelmed initially, then turned out to be rather better than expected. Here's hoping lightning strikes twice...

Here's hoping we can skip the underwhelmed bit...