Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited January 2018

clive said:

I went this afternoon,still drying out.The pitch they were using is the pitch on the right nearest the gate.It was playable at the start but as the rain became heavier puddles quickly gathered on the pitch.
    Jamie Mascoll picked up a painful shoulder injury & needed oxygen before being removed on the paramedics cart.
    The pitch was the same pitch that was unfit last week & with heavy rain forecast i was suprised that the game wasn't moved elsewhere,the Valley perhaps.

@clive any report on our keeper? Did he look like he might be Indian?
    open up a can of worms here.... lol
    Ok, Could it have been this guy

Why is he awkwardly covering his nipples? - We cant see them anyway!!
  • edited January 2018
    I know who the trialist keeper is

• Page starting for U23's today against Bristol City
  • HT 0-0.
    Playing 3 up top we must have been caught offside about 7 times. ATM Morgan out doing Lapslie who is wider right than usual.
    The conditions are heavy and the players working hard for anything they can get. Up the slope second half.
  • Amazed that with that quality we are not comfortably ahead. Pitch might be a leveller. Anyone got feedback on Blumberg who looked 1st team material when I saw him?
  • Amazed that with that quality we are not comfortably ahead. Pitch might be a leveller. Anyone got feedback on Blumberg who looked 1st team material when I saw him?

5 games without a win including a defeat to Bristol City in that time might be affecting confidence
  • edited January 2018
    88th minute goal

Charlton 1-0 Bristol City
  • Sponsored links:

5 games without a win including a defeat to Bristol City in that time might be affecting confidence
    Probably doesn't help the fact that many of our U23s have either been on loan, in the first team or injured themselves - Phillips | Page | Dijksteel | Umerah | Ahearne-Grant cant have been involved in many U23 games of late?
  • Dour game that came alive after the sending off of Hinds for Bristol City, Cummings got booked for his reaction as a large melee followed.
    The main feature was our forwards getting caught offside time and again.
    Josh Umerah looked about 75% fit but his goal was a nice one, diving header to beat a decent goalkeeper, and the second was the last kick of the game when Louis took a FK on the edge of the area and simply passed it into what looked like an unguarded net.
    Nice to win, nobody was sensational today.
  • Very poor quality game. Personal stand outs were Djiksteel and Blumberg. Phillips was hardly troubled but neither was their keeper who basically played as a sweeper on the few occasions we weren't caught offside. Not a game for the purists.

Good finish from a distinctly unfit Umerah. Ashamed to say was in the car park for our second.

Jackson was only member of first team staff there. Scoop said the first team were training this afternoon which seems in conflict with Jackson being there. Damian Matthew when asked did not deny he might join up with former colleagues at Southend.
  • Extremely boring game for most of the game. Was impressed with Blumberg and Morgan. All the action happened in the last ten minutes. Melee and two goals. But as others have said a very dour game.
  • Very poor quality game. Personal stand outs were Djiksteel and Blumberg. Phillips was hardly troubled but neither was their keeper who basically played as a sweeper on the few occasions we weren't caught offside. Not a game for the purists.

Good finish from a distinctly unfit Umerah. Ashamed to say was in the car park for our second.

Jackson was only member of first team staff there. Scoop said the first team were training this afternoon which seems in conflict with Jackson being there. Damian Matthew when asked did not deny he might join up with former colleagues at Southend.

I assume Damian Matthew is scouting at the moment?

How did Page perform?
  • I heard scouting for Everton hence Konsa link.

Page nothing to write home about.
  • Missed the first half due to prior engagement. Pitch very heavy, slight benefit to us kicking up the slope 2nd half. Strong wind didn't help their keeper's clearances. As mentioned, dour stuff, lots of clattering tackles, including the one on Jo Cummings that got their lad red-carded for 'afters'. Was on my way towards the exit when Josh U scored the first (thought it was from a Lappo cross), good diving header, hung around for the final whistle when Yamfam converted the late free kick- think their keeper was still checking his wall when Louis took the kick!
    (Clive R)
  • I heard scouting for Everton hence Konsa link.

Page nothing to write home about.

Lewis Page‏Verified account
    @LewisPage3
    Follow Follow @LewisPage3
    More
    45mins in the tank and a win
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is Morgan?
  • Albie Morgan a young midfielder for Charlton. Likes trying to pick advanced players out with a long ball, prepared to put in a shift in the crowded areas.
  • Away to Palace today.

Anyone going? If so, is there parking available?
  • iamdan said:

Away to Palace today.

Anyone going? If so, is there parking available?

They do not usually let anyone park in their training ground. Parking available outside but it's on meters.....( assuming it's here) if at Goals further down road there is parking but again can get busy, so you may end up outside on meters.
  • I will be there. I don't know what the parking is like.
  • dickplumb said:

I will be there. I don't know what the parking is like.

Just heard it’s behind closed doors
  • CHARLTON U23S: Maynard-Brewer, Bowry, Cummings, Blumberg, Page, Dijksteel, Morgan, Aribo, Yamfam, Anderson, Umerah.

SUBS | Harvey, Yao, Doughty, Trialist, Willis. #cafc
  • Hopefully just getting minutes in the legs after few weeks off.