Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Crusty54 said:
    clive said:
    I attended this afternoons game at Dartford & was informed by the lady at the entrance that Valley Gold members are longer entitled to free entry for these matches, is this correct?
    Also a couple of other people told me that they had to pay despite being season ticket holders, so it seems that the Fans Forum were lied to by the club on 23/3/23, see below

Season ticket-holders watching U21s games
     CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season.

From the Valley Gold web page benefits section

Entry into U18 and U21 academy matches

Valley Gold Members must produce their membership card for entry to U21 games, and email sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk to apply for U18 games.

If this is no longer the case I will be cancelling my monthly payment.

I've emailed Sharon Sherress, the fans advisors & the club about this & will post on here when i receive their replies.
  • edited October 2023
    I've seen quite a few of these U21 games and haven't been aware of Hand before. Has he always been around or has he made the step up from U18's?
    I ask this because I thought he was excellent in midfield today, and I've not noticed him before.

Was U18 last season. But only joined us a year or two before that, from the Kinetic academy I think. Thought he was a CB so interesting he was playing midfield.
  • clive said:
    I attended this afternoons game at Dartford & was informed by the lady at the entrance that Valley Gold members are  no longer entitled to free entry for these matches, is this correct?
    Also a couple of other people told me that they had to pay despite being season ticket holders, so it seems that the Fans Forum were lied to by the club on 23/3/23, see below

Season ticket-holders watching U21s games
     CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season.

In addition, as I pointed out earlier, it appears to be £10 now to watch a single U21 match via the stream.

Surely this cannot be correct ! 
  • edited October 2023
    I've seen quite a few of these U21 games and haven't been aware of Hand before. Has he always been around or has he made the step up from U18's?
    I ask this because I thought he was excellent in midfield today, and I've not noticed him before.

Was U18 last season. But only joined us a year or two before that, from the Kinetic academy I think. Thought he was a CB so interesting he was playing midfield.

Ralfie Hand was in the kinetic academy and the best of the academy two seasons ago represented Corinthian Casuals in the FA youth cup. They had a great run,  winning a penalty shoot out at Welling before going out to Cambridge United. I was at that lively game and he scored the winning penalty.

Hand is a Dartford boy and interesting that yesterday Kanu scored a hat trick and renewed their partnership from their Kent schoolboy days. 
    Ralfie joined Charlton two season ago but has had a lot of injuries 🤦🏻‍♂️ The kid has talent and that's why he got a year's extension at the beginning of this season.

Hand is a number 8, or central midfielder.

@Athletico Charlton it was Joe Aribo who was in Kinetic academy for 3 years and was a CB converted into a midfielder. 
  • I also messaged Steve Sutherland about this. He replied that he would talk to people involved.

Sharron's original reply to me was that the club don't control access at Dartford. (Do the receipts go to Dartford for using the ground?) I rejected this.
  • Just had an email from Sharron that confirms free entry at Dartford for Valley Gold members.
  • clive said:
    I've received a reply from Sharron Sherress [Valley Gold] & also a reply from Lisa Squires [CAFC] 
    I've only received an automated reply from the Fans Advisors.
    My email below to Valley Gold & Fans advisors
    Hi
    Can i enquire why i was charged £5.00 to watch the under 21 match at Dartford this afternoon despite me showing my Valley Gold card to the lady at the entrance, she informed me that Valley Gold no longer entitles free entry to games at Dartford.
    Also in the minutes of the fans forum meeting [23/3/23] it was confirmed that season ticket holders were also entitled to free entry to these games this season.
    I look forward to your replies & also could somebody ask the clubs communication team to clarify the new rules on the website.
    Regards
    Clive 

Response from Valley Gold

Hi Clive,

Thanks for letting me know about this, I will need to speak to some people so will get back to you for future games.

Regards

Sharron

My email to the club

Hi
    I attended the match at Dartford this afternoon & was informed by the lady at the entrance that being a member of Valley Gold no longer entitles me to free entry to under 21 matches at Dartford, is this correct?
    Also despite assurances given to the fans forum [23/3/23] that season ticket holders also were entitled to free entry to these matches, i was to told by a couple of other fans that they also had to pay for admission to the game.
    Could the communications team please clarify on the website of any changes to season ticket/Valley Gold 'perks' to prevent any confusion in the future.

Regards
    Clive 

Response from the club
    Good afternoon Clive

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have forwarded on your query to Sharron Sherress, the Valley Gold Administrator to respond.  

Please do come back to us if you are not satisfied with the response.

Many thanks.
    Lisa Squires

Automated reply from Fans advisors

Thank you for your email. 

If your query is urgent or about club operations, please send it directly to info@cafc.co.uk for a more immediate response. 

If it is not urgent, please know I will be back to you within two working days with a response.

Kind regards,

Lucy Bishop/Lewis Catt, Charlton Fan Adviser

The two working days have expired, no reply.

I'm sorry to take up space on this thread, but i think it is important that Valley Gold members/ season tickets get the 'perks' that they were promised or entitled to.

this is now sorted VG members just need to show their membership cards 
    any problems please let me know
  • I also received an email confirming free entry for Valley Gold members on production of Valley Gold card.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is an U21 Premier League Cup game slated for this evening at 7 o’clock. It is said to be played at Princes Park against Norwich City’s U21’s.
    Once again I can’t make this one personally, so I am hoping that there will be a stream for Charlton TV subscribers provided (although I am not confident it will go smoothly).
  • seth plum said:
    There is an U21 Premier League Cup game slated for this evening at 7 o’clock. It is said to be played at Princes Park against Norwich City’s U21’s.
    Once again I can’t make this one personally, so I am hoping that there will be a stream for Charlton TV subscribers provided (although I am not confident it will go smoothly).
    A stream is on sale, price £4.00
    https://www.charltonafc.com/fixture/list/1043
  • Charlton's U21s are back in Premier League Cup action on Monday, taking on Norwich City at Princes Park (KO 7pm BST).

Fans can attend Monday's fixture at Princes Park with admission priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions, while 2023/24 men's season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free.

Those unable to make it to Dartford can watch all of the action live on CharltonTV as part of their monthly or annual subscription, or you can purchase a one-off match pass for £4 by clicking here.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-preview-charlton-v-norwich-city

• Wonder what kind of side will be fielded with the Villa game tomorrow night? Would expect it to be pretty young overall and maybe missing the likes of Casey? 
  • edited October 2023
    https://x.com/CharltonAcademy/status/1711332936878813385?s=20

£5 for adults, £3 for concessions and free for men's season-ticket holders and members
  • Hunter?
    Mwamba?
  • edited October 2023
    clive said:
    Compare with the last U21 squad

Adegoke; Elerewe (c), Gough, Laqeretabua; Rylah, Hand, Kedwell, Adigun (Fullah 72), Bower; Ladapo (Enslin 72), Kanu

Subs (not used): Sadler, Hunter, Casey

Possible that the two centre halves in bold will be part of the squad tomorrow. Not sure where Bakrin is.

Kanu now at Southend

With AMB away would expect both keepers to be involved. Moly starting and the Prince on the bench
  • clive said:
    Compare with the last U21 squad

Adegoke; Elerewe (c), Gough, Laqeretabua; Rylah, Hand, Kedwell, Adigun (Fullah 72), Bower; Ladapo (Enslin 72), Kanu

Subs (not used): Sadler, Hunter, Casey

Possible that the two centre halves in bold will be part of the squad tomorrow. Not sure where Bakrin is.

Kanu now at Southend

With AMB away would expect both keepers to be involved. Moly starting and the Prince on the bench

Is AMB away, no mention of this on this?
  • Any Charlton TV subscriber getting a stream yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Any Charlton TV subscriber getting a stream yet?
    Nope...just saying unavailable...
  • Same here.

• Not got any love stream yet, just a whirly blue wheel. Anyone else connected?
  • Looks like they're dicking us about again.
  • So non Charlton TV subscribers are invited to pay £4 for this, I renewed my annual subscription on 2nd October for north of £60.
    They take the money, but nobody takes responsibility to ensure it works. This is not the first time either, the recent Bournemouth game was the same.
    people then beat themselves up saying maybe it's my device, or I haven't done some kind of obscure thing only obvious to, dare I say it, geeks.
  • The game is due to have started by now.
    My first try is to get off CAFC and log in again.
  • Not got any love stream yet, just a whirly blue wheel. Anyone else connected?
    not me

• I've just emailed them.  Paid my £4.00....nothing....
  • That hasn't worked.
    Anybody getting anything?
  • Not at moment, I've also emailed