Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited September 2023
    A 0  - 1 loss but an improvement on the  0 - 4 at home last week.

Tough one to take 
    Daniel Adu-Adjei scoring three of those five Bournemouth goals - got a pro contract earlier this year. 18 y/o, one to watch perhaps
  • Adjei was some player tbf.  

It’s a strong Bournemouth setup so no shame in the scoreline 
  • Hoping we don't have any problems watching the stream this afternoon , as a £7pm subscriber.

Just checked the Charlton TV link & it's £10 to purchase without ! Thought it was usually £4 ! 
  • I am at a pre cataract assessment so I will probably miss most of this.
  • If I can get through the poxy traffic in Dartford I'll be there.  We could do with a decent performance today as we haven't really got going at this level just yet
  • Here's how our U21s line up against Bristol City this afternoon:

Adegoke; Elerewe (c), Gough, Laqeretabua; Rylah, Hand, Kedwell, Adigun, Bower; Ladapo, Kanu

Subs: Sadler, Hunter, Fullah, Enslin, Casey

• Euan Williams was missing for a fair deal of last year but I believe his contract was extended for another year. He hasn't been seen this year in the U21s or in the FL Trophy and isn't out on loan as far as I'm aware so is he injured again? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Euan Williams was missing for a fair deal of last year but I believe his contract was extended for another year. He hasn't been seen this year in the U21s or in the FL Trophy and isn't out on loan as far as I'm aware so is he injured again? 

Tore his hamstring end of last season I believe , was extended because of it so I think he's still coming back. 
  • Anyone have the stream yet ?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Euan Williams was missing for a fair deal of last year but I believe his contract was extended for another year. He hasn't been seen this year in the U21s or in the FL Trophy and isn't out on loan as far as I'm aware so is he injured again? 

Tore his hamstring end of last season I believe , was extended because of it so I think he's still coming back. 
    Thanks
  • Anyone have the stream yet ?
    Nope! Getting message saying subscription required. They collected annual fee from bank last week. I have emailed
  • Two good goals and we're very much on top here.
  •  3- 0 and another great goal.

Kanu meets a deep Rylah cross to head home.

Easy, easy.
  • edited October 2023
    Who scored the second goal?

Edit: Never mind, just seen it was Adigun
  • Sponsored links:

• 2/1 was a great price.
  • late goal for City after we take our foot off the gas.

4 - 1 HT
  • Adigun hits the bar 

the pattern is largely the same as the first half
  • 4-2

We try to play out from the beck. Kedwell slips on the edge of the box and it’s tapped in
  • good save good saves at both ends.  

First Prince fit down well to a shot from distance.  Then their keeper denies either Rylah or Adigun.  I couldn’t see which

Bristol have been better in this half  
  • 4 - 2 FT

Thought we relaxed a little bit too much second half but still had chances to score.

Credit to City who kept going and looked much better 2nd half and also could have scored but overall a well deserved win.

Kanu very sharp in front of goal but no surprise there.  If I was a National League Manager I'd be trying to get him on loan.  Otherwise a must for Cheltenham in January if he hasn't forced his way back into our 18.

Was impressed by Hand.  A tidy and strong No.8 central midfielder.  A lot of our good play came thru. him breaking up play and passing it well.
  • Henry Rylah .

What a player & fantastic prospect. 

My Young Player of the Year already.
  • edited October 2023
    I attended this afternoons game at Dartford & was informed by the lady at the entrance that Valley Gold members are  no longer entitled to free entry for these matches, is this correct?
    Also a couple of other people told me that they had to pay despite being season ticket holders, so it seems that the Fans Forum were lied to by the club on 23/3/23, see below

Season ticket-holders watching U21s games
     CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season.

• I've seen quite a few of these U21 games and haven't been aware of Hand before. Has he always been around or has he made the step up from U18's?
    I ask this because I thought he was excellent in midfield today, and I've not noticed him before.
  • edited October 2023
    clive said:
    I attended this afternoons game at Dartford & was informed by the lady at the entrance that Valley Gold members are longer entitled to free entry for these matches, is this correct?
    Also a couple of other people told me that they had to pay despite being season ticket holders, so it seems that the Fans Forum were lied to by the club on 23/3/23, see below

Season ticket-holders watching U21s games
     CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season.

From the Valley Gold web page benefits section

Entry into U18 and U21 academy matches

Valley Gold Members must produce their membership card for entry to U21 games, and email sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk to apply for U18 games.

If this is no longer the case I will be cancelling my monthly payment.