Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Currently 4-0 down @ Swansea... Only 33mins played

No Patrick Casey involvement - Is he injured, or is he a Standby with the First Team?

🔢 Here's how our U21s will line up at Swansea this afternoon: Molyneux; Chin, Hobden, Toure, Bower; Hand, Kedwell (c), Adigun; Yamoah, Ladapo, Ogunnowo

Subs: Adegoke, Brown, Ashburn, Berry

Kick-off is 2pm GMT - good luck, lads! 👊#cafc

— Charlton Athletic Academy (@CharltonAcademy) October 30, 2023
  • Make it 5-0 after 40-minutes.
  • No Henry Rylah either. 

No Patrick Casey involvement - Is he injured, or is he a Standby with the First Team?

🔢 Here's how our U21s will line up at Swansea this afternoon: Molyneux; Chin, Hobden, Toure, Bower; Hand, Kedwell (c), Adigun; Yamoah, Ladapo, Ogunnowo

FA Youth Cup game tomorrow night.

FA Youth Cup game tomorrow night.
    Ah, thanks, PP.
  • Good luck to Billy French. He deserves it!
  • edited October 2023
    Shame about the defeat but good to see Toure is back. I may have missed his name on earlier games but think he has been injured recently and seems to not have had a lot of luck of injuries for a couple of years.
    It's a tough learning curve for the U21s this year with so many of those eligible either out on loan or in our first team.  They will learn a lot from it I hope.
    Swansea had Kyle Naughton and Ollie Cooper (Welsh international) playing amongst others.
  • Shame about the defeat but good to see You're is back. I may have missed his name on earlier games but think he has been injured recently and seems to not have had a lot of luck of injuries for a couple of years.
    It's a tough learning curve for the U21s this year with so many of those eligible either out on loan or in our first team.  They will learn a lot from it I hope.
    Swansea had Kyle Naughton and Ollie Cooper (Welsh international) playing amongst others.
    Presume you meant to say Yamoah?
  • edited October 2023
    Shame about the defeat but good to see You're is back. I may have missed his name on earlier games but think he has been injured recently and seems to not have had a lot of luck of injuries for a couple of years.
    Lol. Predictive text, or maybe a typo!  I meant Toure.  Now editted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame about the defeat but good to see You're is back. I may have missed his name on earlier games but think he has been injured recently and seems to not have had a lot of luck of injuries for a couple of years.
    Lol. Predictive text, or maybe a typo!  I meant Toure.  Now editted. 
    Haha... Yeah I actually see it now
  • U21s not very strong this season? 
  • mendonca said:
    U21s not very strong this season? 
    No, strong but mainly playing in the first team (Campbell, Ness, Leaburn, Asiimwe, Anderson), on loan (Kanu, Deji, Dench) or being saved for the Youth Cup game tonight.

So we've put out a lot of very young (U18) players in many games who take a  bit of a thrashing when the other side is older and more experienced.

All part of their development.
  • No mention of Valley Gold access.

Sent an email. They will respond within a day. Phones don't get answered until 11:00.

Fairly typical of the comms team.
  • Crusty54 said:
    No mention of Valley Gold access.

Sent an email. They will respond within a day. Phones don't get answered until 11:00.

An update on the website has been added 
    Valley Gold members can attend Monday's fixture at Sparrows Lane, as authorised by Training Ground security.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-preview-charlton-v-ipswich-town
    But what this means, i don't know.

• I can't make this today - too much to do at work and I think I am all "Charltonned" out for a few days after last nights debacle

• Crusty54 said:
    No mention of Valley Gold access.

Email Sharron at Valley Gold & she will arrange access for you.
  • Why does the time "14.59" appear on the yet to go live stream screen ? 
  • 1-0 Rylah
  • Sponsored links:

• I think our Ladapo has grown a bit recently.
  • edited November 2023
    Ladapo looking good.

What looks like a stonewall penalty denied as I type. One of ours gets pushed over as he's crowded out in the 18.
  • Ladapo a threat so he just got chopped.
    OK Now.
  • Seth are you there?
  • Adigun playing very well as usual.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Seth are you there?
    No. Watching the stream.
  • Adigun seems a bit more well rounded than Anderson. Hard to tell with the opponents though. 
  • Yeah, it is hard to tell, but this young team are playing nicely today, with Toure and Laqeretabua forming an unfamiliar central defensive partnership, flanked by Chin and Bower both playing well. Kedwell also showing up in midfield, this is a little bit like getting the band back together, but of course no Kanu up top.
    Between Anderson and Adigun I wouldn't like to say who will go furthest in their futures in the game.
  • Back underway. 

• edited November 2023
    Another really good interview, this time with Harris O'Connor who was released in the Summer - Shame how it appeared to work out for him, as was more impressed with him in that EFL Trophy game than I was Ness to be fair.

Harris O’Connor: “I thought I’d made it, and that’s my downfall”