Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Who missed the chance after the good pass and move down the right by Cafc ?
    Ladapo I think, number 11

Cheers Sam.
    I know most of the team now but I'm watching on my phone.
  • Heat and tiredness starting to have an effect on us.
  • Bower on for Roddy i think.
  • 1-0 to us nice goal.
    About time.
  • edited September 2023
    Footballs a simple game when you pass and move. Rylah on the end of a cross.
  • Looks like Mbick might be on, not sure who for.
  • 2-0 ladapo
  • Ladapo is a player. How old is he?
  • Full time 2-0 to us. Rylah and Lapado late on. Could've been more but that happens at this level.
    Very nice Friday afternoon watch.
  • Just caught the last 10 mins 

Great breakaway goal in 94th min to go 2 up.

The curse is broken.

Should have been 3 in the 97th min.

Never let people complain about our U21 coverage again.

No replays, no commentary, no announcements on subs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the heads up re the stream , lads.

Really enjoyed that 2nd half. Love Henry Rylah & thought Jason Adigun had a great game. 

What a boost a win gives us, regardless at  which level. 

We want more ! 
  • edited September 2023
    Really enjoyed watching that - thanks to @seth plum for posting the link.

I don't watch the yoof very often so observations to be taken with a hefty dose of "Davo knows fuck all":

Molyneux - a bit too casual with his distribution
    Bower - did exceptionally well for both goals. Looked way better than Roddy. Reminds me of a young Chris Solly.
    Adigun - grew into the game and was very good in the second half. Has the ability to ghost past opponents and has a great pass in him.

Agree with Seth that Fullah is "fulla" promise.
    Defence solid but lacking a bit of pace.
  • edited September 2023
    At 1-0 up and in added time I was expecting 1-1 and there CB did have a chance but put it wide. Great to see Charlton score on a breakaway with a bit of composure to win 2-0.

Amazing to think at least 8 players already in the 1st team squad could've played in this fixture for Cafc.

Good to be on a Charlton thread where we don't get a tsunami of negativity where we drown.

Thanks for the heads up to MR Plum 👍
    And also Paddy Powell 👍for the link which meant I could post and watch at the same time without going to my YouTube.
  • Next seasons 1st team are playing at Sheffield Wednesday at 2pm. Team news to follow (probably).
    Does anyone think this is a hint as to how the club will be run going forward?
    We appear to be half way there with this season's first team
  • I posted the heads up but the thanks go to Paddy Powell for the actual link on this thread.
    I thought the stream coverage was good actually.
    Second time watching Fullah in five days, both time impressed me, the amazing thing is he would qualify to play at this level in 2028!
    That was a very young team we put out.
  • As usual the club website has done nothing to promote academy games in time to get supporters to the ground.

Cup game v Bournemouth under 21s at Princes Park tomorrow. K.O. 7pm.
  • Crusty54 said:
    As usual the club website has done nothing to promote academy games in time to get supporters to the ground.

Cup game v Bournemouth under 21s at Princes Park tomorrow. K.O. 7pm.
    Pity last week's FF attendees weren't  aware of this omission. 

We don't do ourselves any favours, do we....
  • Bournemouth obviously think it's a important game.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1197165728?-11197:833:nn_topic_top
  • Sponsored links:

• Eton Musk will be pleased,
  • seth plum said:
    Eton Musk will be pleased,
    I didn't know Elon Musk went to Eton.
  • predictivetext 
  • edited September 2023
  • seth plum said:
    Eton Musk will be pleased
    Eton Mess, Seth smile  

• No mention of free admission to season ticket holders/Valley Gold members despite this statement from the Fans forum notes March 23
    Season ticket-holders watching U21s games CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season. CL asked it to be made clearer who could and couldn’t attend games at the training ground.
    https://cdn.charltonafc.com/sites/default/files/2023-03/Fans' Forum March 2023_final_1.pdf

Fans can attend Tuesday's fixture in Dartford with admission priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-charlton-v-bournemouth
  • clive said:
    No mention of free admission to season ticket holders/Valley Gold members despite this statement from the Fans forum notes March 23
    Season ticket-holders watching U21s games CL asked why season-ticket holders were now being charged for U21s games. PS said he had been made aware by the club’s Fan Advisers, has followed up and seasonticket holders will be able to access the remainder of U21s games this season for free. He said this would be the same would for season-ticket holders next season. CL asked it to be made clearer who could and couldn’t attend games at the training ground.
    https://cdn.charltonafc.com/sites/default/files/2023-03/Fans' Forum March 2023_final_1.pdf

Fans can attend Tuesday's fixture in Dartford with admission priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-charlton-v-bournemouth
    There's a link in that document to the Academy ticketing info page, which I hadn't seen. This answers my earlier question about Sparrows Lane - it's still Valley Gold only. Since I assume the construction work is done by now, this is presumably now a permanent rule. A shame, but at least it doesn't affect many of the under-21 matches.
  • Maybe send Tom Rubashow an email asking for this to be clarified & posted on the OS ?