Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• 5-1 with ages to go is way out of synch with what we have been used to in recent times. The deconstruction of Charlton Athletic is gaining pace.
    Such a shame.
  • edited August 2023
    seth plum said:
    5-1 with ages to go is way out of synch with what we have been used to in recent times. The deconstruction of Charlton Athletic is gaining pace.
    Such a shame.
    I wouldn't read too much into this result though. It's a really strong Coventry side. I posted earlier as soon as i saw the lineup that they'd give our first XI a game.
  • sam3110 said:
    An overly strong Coventry XI against a youthful Charlton XI with half of them having to play for the senior team, and we have supporters wanting to throw themselves off a bridge because of it.

Gentle reminder that over the past 5 seasons in youth football there's probably no other team that have been as consistently good as us, with a high turnover of coaches and players alike
    If you're referring to my post, your response is rather OTT, IMO.

Maybe my fertile imagination is working overtime at present but I have 2 teenage grandsons - do you ? 

Let's hope that the management are able to find the positives from today's match & lift the lads for their next outing. 

But I wouldn't be too quick to discount how Dean's sacking has affected players in general.
  • Who is managing the team today.
  • does it really matter?
  • msomerton said:
    Who is managing the team today.
    Chris Lock
  • seth plum said:
    5-1 with ages to go is way out of synch with what we have been used to in recent times. The deconstruction of Charlton Athletic is gaining pace.
    Such a shame.
    AI wouldn't read too much into this result though. It's a really strong Coventry side. I posted earlier as soon as i saw the lineup that they'd give our first XI a game.

If Luis Binks is not around their first team and isn't just playing to get mins , that would be one hell of a CB loan. 
  • sam3110 said:
    An overly strong Coventry XI against a youthful Charlton XI with half of them having to play for the senior team, and we have supporters wanting to throw themselves off a bridge because of it.

Gentle reminder that over the past 5 seasons in youth football there's probably no other team that have been as consistently good as us, with a high turnover of coaches and players alike
    If you're referring to my post, your response is rather OTT, IMO.

Maybe my fertile imagination is working overtime at present but I have 2 teenage grandsons - do you ? 

Let's hope that the management are able to find the positives from today's match & lift the lads for their next outing. 

But I wouldn't be too quick to discount how Dean's sacking has affected players in general.
    Not aimed at you no, aimed at a couple of comments I've seen on Twitter/X and Facebook groups about how this "proves" they want to close the academy down. All getting a bit silly. 

Though I'd also argue your point about Holden's sacking affecting players, I doubt many of them give a toss, certainly the senior team members didn't seem to on the pitch, so why should the youngsters? And as I already said, the coaching turnover of our youth squad is just as high, if not higher than the first team, they've had Jackson, Euell, Senda, Pearce, now this Lock guy, a couple of other names I can't remember right now too, it's very much part and parcel of youth football. Hell some of the players would play under the 18's manager, 21's manager and the first team manager all in the space of about 6 weeks at times!
  • JaShea99 said:
    4-1. Jesus.
    I’m not surprised he’s gott Man City and Arsenal on his CV 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:
    Such a shame.
    AI wouldn't read too much into this result though. It's a really strong Coventry side. I posted earlier as soon as i saw the lineup that they'd give our first XI a game.

If Luis Binks is not around their first team and isn't just playing to get mins , that would be one hell of a CB loan. 
    He's already on loan at Coventry (from Bologna)

That's modern football for you, a Gillingham born player, who came through the ranks at Spurs, and has already played in the MLS and Serie A
  • 5-2
    The come back is on.

• MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:
    Such a shame.

That's modern football for you, a Gillingham born player, who came through the ranks at Spurs, and has already played in the MLS and Serie A

Oh sorry I didn't realise he was only there on loan , he's got quite the unusual CV! Although I think Montreal and Bologna share owners. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:
    Such a shame.

Oh sorry I didn't realise he was only there on loan , he's got quite the unusual CV! Although I think Montreal and Bologna share owners. 
    Which in itself shows how bonkers modern football is!
  • Any idea of our team  ?  Their report only gives their line up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Lock’s side are expected to line-up in a 4-3-3 formation with Mitchell joining captain Nazir Bakrin, Josh Laqeretabua and Matt Dench in a back four in front of goalkeeper Henry Molyneux.

Jason Adigun, Harvey Kedwell and Jeremy Santos make up a midfield three behind Tolu Ladapo, Patrick Casey and Henry Rylah.

Prince Adegoke, Jacob Roddy, Keenan Gough, Jacob Safa and Ibrahim Fullah are named on the substitutes bench

• Does anybody know what has happened to Toby Bower? 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Does anybody know what has happened to Toby Bower? 
    Must be injured as he signed a Pro contract in May this year 
  • Game today I believe.
    I can’t attend in person due to a dental emergency but hope to get home for the stream.
    Interesting we have today, and then another game tomorrow, but as yet no new manager to run the rule over players or decide which match best suits which players.
    Shambles.
  • Few names I haven't seen mentioned previously. Mbrick? Fullah?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Few names I haven't seen mentioned previously. Mbrick? Fullah?
    Just looked on the website, both are 16.

Fullah was born in April 2007 which has made me feel very old!
  • edited September 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Few names I haven't seen mentioned previously. Mbrick? Fullah?
    Just looked on the website, both are 16.

Fullah was born in April 2007 which has made me feel very old!
    Four of the starting XI (Gough, Fullah, Casey and Mbick) are U18 as are all five subs.

Fullah is a midfielder and Mbick a forward.

Worth bearing in mind before the "close the academy" comments begin if we don't thrash Birmingham 5 - 0
  • Is there anyone left out today who would usually play that means is therefore likely to feature in the pizza cup tomorrow?