Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham v Charlton | Tue 09 Aug | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Last minute Slade has enough squeezes into an xxl and puts himself on and puts one away with last kick turns round and gives it to the team * That how you Fxxxing do it * The liar claps like a seal looking at a bucket of herring .
  • We'll scrape a win and RS, KM etc. will talk about it as though we have won the league title! Fantastic performance, great result, our season starting now etc. forgetting that Cheltenham have only just been promoted to league football and only have 14 players to choose from!
  • Only a 15 minute drive from mine. So at least I can get back to my local and drown my sorrows.
  • cafcfan said:

Only a 15 minute drive from mine. So at least I can get back to my local and drown my sorrows.

You're not staying for extra time and penalties then?
    If I have too :neutral:
  • edited August 2016
    2 -1 Charlton, we should edge this in which will likely be a even encounter
  • We have no chance of winning this. Our record in this cup is so poor and that team on Saturday...rubbish. Comfortable 2-0 win to Cheltenham and there will again be a promise of a new player arriving in 72 hours or so.
  • I can't see us winning this one. 2-0 to Cheltenham.
  • I think they'll be too strong for plucky little Charlton. Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• tonight is the night our season kicks off, 0-5 to Charlton.

Johnson x3 (2 headers from set pieces and a penalty in injury time to complete the rout and his hattrick)
    Novak x1
    Fox x1
  • I've got a good feeling about the efl cup this year.
    A 4-0 win.
    What date is the final?
  • could do with winning this to kick the season off, saying that no more signings have came in since that dreadful display on saturday and genuinely cant see that side beating anyone, without lookman starting that is more than likely our starting 11 going to be a long season, hope we can get something and then get a big club in next round, although its any premier league teams not involved in europe, pick of the prem teams would be chelsea away preferably dont want shit head getting any sort of decent crowd down the valley.
  • This has defeat written all over it really doesnt it....
  • 1-0 defeat
  • Philips in goal plays a blinder so we keep a clean sheet.

Ajose and Lookman score and we march on

2- 0 to the Addicks

Philips

Foley Konsa Pearce Fox
    Holmes Muldon Crofts Lookman
    Novak Ajose
  • Any fans driving to Cheltenham via the A40 will travel through "Charlton Kings" just before they reach the ground must be a good omen - surely?
  • Addicks to win .......... just 1-0 or 2-1. Match thread from 7 pm.
  • The only thing I can see us winning tonight is the toss ...
  • Philips in goal plays a blinder so we keep a clean sheet.

Ajose and Lookman score and we march on

2- 0 to the Addicks

Philips

Foley Konsa Pearce Fox
    Holmes Muldon Crofts Lookman
    Novak Ajose

Pretty much how I see it, other than swapping Fox and Novak for Holmes-Dennis and Hanlan.

Bench including Rudd, Solly, Fox, Jackson, Novak and couple others, Ahearne-Grant maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson only has 14 fit senior players for his side's EFL Cup clash with Charlton.

Club captain Aaron Downes is still out with an anterior cruciate ligament injury and is joined on the sidelines by Jack Munns (knee), James Dayton (ankle) and Asa Hall (groin).

Kyle Storer misses out as he serves the second match of his eight-game suspension for biting at the end of last season.

Jack Munns came through our academy. I recall him being on the bench, don't think he ever played a league game. Would have been a good quiz question @ForeverAddickted.

http://www.ctfc.com/team/player-profile/jack-munns/11

5'5''. Gotta love any player shorter than 5'8''
    I thought about it but his exit was too recent compared to Harry Pell so thought it would have been too easy a question
    Yeah fair dos. Also, don't let me smart ass remarks detract from the fantastic work you selflessly do on this thread. You know the baying public, they're never happy.
  • When's the second round draw?
  • When's the second round draw?

11th august with round 2 ties being played. 23/24/25 august
  • edited August 2016
    Round and draw dates
    The schedule are as follows.

first round 22 June 2016 9/10/11 August 2016
    Second round 11 August 2016 23/24/25 August 2016
    Third round 24/25 August 2016 20/21 September 2016
    Fourth round 21 September 2016 25/26 October 2016
    Fifth round 26 October 2016 29/30 November 2016
    Semi-finals 30 November 2016 10/11 January 2017 24/25 January 2017
    Final January 2017 26 February 2017[7]
  • edited August 2016

Only a 15 minute drive from mine. So at least I can get back to my local and drown my sorrows.

This is the main reason I'm going to this one. I'm not usually big on cup games as our record over the years has been horrendous, but I don't live too far away so thought I should make the effort.
  • 4-0 to Cheltenham - we don't manage a single shot on target.
    Rog goes bonkers at full time.

Someone has nicked his coke
  • Given the size of the squad and the experiences of the last season, won't worry if we field a pre-puberty XI and lose. We are not going to go anywhere in this competition and certainly not far enough for a big pay day, so let's just roll over and keep fit for the league where we will need all the resources we can draw on.