Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham v Charlton | Tue 09 Aug | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• uie2 said:

I think Novak and Ajoss have to play together again to get a partnership going! And Coz peeps at the Bury game said Novak didn't look match fit!

Since day one he's looked like he's been carrying some extra timber. I haven't seen him enough before to know if that is just the way he's built, if he's put on extra muscle, or if he's genuinely out of shape.

With Nowak it should be a question of if there's a risk of him doing further damage to his hand. If so, it's not worth it, would rather him be fit for league matches.
  • have to have a first team to do that
  • How many tickets have we sold please.
  • Boring 0-0 and lose on penalties. Charlton's season over before it's even begun, bar the embarrassment of losing to non-league opposition in the first round of the cup.

Don't call me Ishmael, call me Eeyore.
  • SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

I think Novak and Ajoss have to play together again to get a partnership going! And Coz peeps at the Bury game said Novak didn't look match fit!

Since day one he's looked like he's been carrying some extra timber. I haven't seen him enough before to know if that is just the way he's built, if he's put on extra muscle, or if he's genuinely out of shape.

With Nowak it should be a question of if there's a risk of him doing further damage to his hand. If so, it's not worth it, would rather him be fit for league matches.
    Novak.
  • Macronate said:

3-0 to us.

Roger Johnson hat trick.

Stole my thunder!

Was gonna say 91st winner from RoJo who jumps into the crowd to celebrate
  • Macronate said:

3-0 to us.

Roger Johnson hat trick.

Stole my thunder!

Was gonna say 91st winner from RoJo who jumps into the crowd to celebrate
    Hopefull he will smack his head on the empty terracing
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson only has 14 fit senior players for his side's EFL Cup clash with Charlton.

Club captain Aaron Downes is still out with an anterior cruciate ligament injury and is joined on the sidelines by Jack Munns (knee), James Dayton (ankle) and Asa Hall (groin).

Kyle Storer misses out as he serves the second match of his eight-game suspension for biting at the end of last season.
  • ross1 said:

Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson only has 14 fit senior players for his side's EFL Cup clash with Charlton.

Club captain Aaron Downes is still out with an anterior cruciate ligament injury and is joined on the sidelines by Jack Munns (knee), James Dayton (ankle) and Asa Hall (groin).

Kyle Storer misses out as he serves the second match of his eight-game suspension for biting at the end of last season.

14 could be a pertinent number tomorrow. Probably the average age of our bench!
  • Mind you, we only had 11 senior fit players against Bury
  • edited August 2016
    ross1 said:

Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson only has 14 fit senior players for his side's EFL Cup clash with Charlton.

Jack Munns came through our academy. I recall him being on the bench, don't think he ever played a league game. Would have been a good quiz question @ForeverAddickted.

http://www.ctfc.com/team/player-profile/jack-munns/11

5'5''. Gotta love any player shorter than 5'8''
  • ross1 said:

Doesn't really matter who the opposition do or don't have available we're still going to struggle to score goals and likely go out on penalties after a 0-0 draw.
  • SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Jack Munns came through our academy. I recall him being on the bench, don't think he ever played a league game. Would have been a good quiz question @ForeverAddickted.

Spurs academy. We picked him up for the U21s
  • Afraid so. New ground. Stopping over. WUFC should've beaten them at PVR last season thus don't envisage any problems.
    Expect a 2-0 or 3-1 win.
  • edited August 2016
    0-3 to CAFC.
  • I really think we should play a full strength side. Our first team need game time to build up a rapport, we vitally need the confidence from a win, we haven't got much strength in depth anyway and our next game is at home so the impact of fatigue should be less.
  • Have to play full strength, desperately need time to gel and this is a perfect opportunity. Should be an easy 3-0/4-1 win, so I'm say a 1-1 draw and lose on penalties
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Spurs academy. We picked him up for the U21s
    I stand corrected. Between that and not being able to spell Lee Novak's name, I've had a rough day accuracy wise.
  • We will have our work cut out but big challenges and ambition about being ambitious is what Ms Nightmeire's exciting new era is all about.

Just praying we can grind out a draw and focus on a high-glamour replay at the Valley and then try to offer free tickets to local visually impaired groups as a new combined business and community support initiative.

At least then the blind would be watching the blind, leading the blind.
  • edited August 2016
    "Would have loved to see this as I have a big soft spot for Cheltenham"

Either or. ..?

• SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

I thought about it but his exit was too recent compared to Harry Pell so thought it would have been too easy a question
  • We hit rock bottom. 2-1 loss. 3 days of rational ranting declared on CL.

Slade fields a weakened side, which just happens to be the same line up put out against Bury.

We finish the game with 10 men after RoJo is sent off. A tackle is followed by RoJo telling the ref "if ya don't fuckin like wot ya fuckin' see then don't fuckin ref again ya fuckin cu" (ref blows his whistle, red card, penalty)

After the game Slade says we're a billion miles from being ready to compete and we need 10 new signings.

Oh the joys of supporting Charlton!
  • Got to go as strong as possible. Imagine the knock to their confidence though if it's another defeat. At least with the youth we can blame it on lack of experience. Either way, a hiding to nothing. Out on pens.
  • FORD said:

We hit rock bottom. 2-1 loss. 3 days of rational ranting declared on CL.

Slade fields a weakened side, which just happens to be the same line up put out against Bury.

We finish the game with 10 men after RoJo is sent off. A tackle is followed by RoJo telling the ref "if ya don't fuckin like wot ya fuckin' see then don't fuckin ref again ya fuckin cu" (ref blows his whistle, red card, penalty)

After the game Slade says we're a billion miles from being ready to compete and we need 10 new signings.

Oh the joys of supporting Charlton!

Does Slade also say he's hoping go get them in over the next couple of days ?
  • 1StevieG said:

21 pounds is a bit steep for a Mickey Mouse cup game.

That's outrageous. Bury away was only £18.
  • I genuinely cannot give a monkeys about this game ..............
  • Think this will be another poor performance and we will get beaten by a scruffy goal.