Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• Options
    So I shouldn't panic sell my 10 Zynex shares just yet?  :D
  • Options
    I have around £5000 in cash sitting in my HL SIPP that I want to invest in a fund.  Any suggestions for funds that might be worth a punt in the current market??
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    I have around £5000 in cash sitting in my HL SIPP that I want to invest in a fund.  Any suggestions for funds that might be worth a punt in the current market??
    Before Golfie arrives, it'll partly depend how much and what other funds you are invested in?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    cafc-west said:
    Before Golfie arrives, it'll partly depend how much and what other funds you are invested in?
    Quite a few recommended on here previously!  Bailie Gifford Global discovery, Fidelity global healthcare, Allianz Continental European, Baillue Gifford American...was thinking maybe UK fund(s) to hope to get reasonably priced and hope for post recovery growth!
  • Options
    All depends what % the £5k is in relation to the rest of your portfolio & what else you are invested in - eg, are you overweight/ underweight in any particular asset class or geographical economy. 

All things being equal then UK equities imo are still worth a punt. Most other stockmarkets have come back from the March fallout but the UK is still down by around 25%. A few fund houses disagree & think that Asia & Emerging markets is the place to go. 
  • Options
    All depends what % the £5k is in relation to the rest of your portfolio & what else you are invested in - eg, are you overweight/ underweight in any particular asset class or geographical economy. 

All things being equal then UK equities imo are still worth a punt. Most other stockmarkets have come back from the March fallout but the UK is still down by around 25%. A few fund houses disagree & think that Asia & Emerging markets is the place to go. 
    Thanks @g@golfaddick - it’s less than 5% of overall SIPP and I have other pensions and investments so willing to be a bit riskier - my other investments in global or US funds - and as UK generally low still thought might be worth a punt...
  • Options
    Don't forget, premium bond day tomorrow.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Thanks @g@golfaddick - it’s less than 5% of overall SIPP and I have other pensions and investments so willing to be a bit riskier - my other investments in global or US funds - and as UK generally low still thought might be worth a punt...
    That being the case then sticking £5k into a UK equity fund shouldn't be too much of a risk.....and if held for a year or so might see a bit of an increase when we finally get out of this Covid mess.

Funds in my hot list include  MI Chelverton UK Growth, SDL Free Spirit,  Premier UK Growth & Miton UK Smaller Companies.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    £75 for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £50 for me, £25 for the Mrs.
  • Options
    golfaddick said:n
    cafc-west said:

That being the case then sticking £5k into a UK equity fund shouldn't be too much of a risk.....and if held for a year or so might see a bit of an increase when we finally get out of this Covid mess.

Funds in my hot list include  MI Chelverton UK Growth, SDL Free Spirit,  Premier UK Growth & Miton UK Smaller Companies.
    Thanks - I’ll look into those funds!  And £75 this month from Ernie...reinvested as usual.
  • Options
    Nothing this time! That;s only the second time in the two years I've had them but I'm still fuming!
  • Options
    Good day here. £25 for Mrs Large, £525 for me.
    Nice Large!! And the right way around!

as per usual my father in law did well, £225.
  • Options
    £75.00 for me & my pharma (COVID related) shares starting to move upwards nicely, keep safe & strong all.
  • Options
    Regular £75 for junior, £25 for the other half and finally £25 for me :)
  • Options
    £75.00 for me & my pharma (COVID related) shares starting to move upwards nicely, keep safe & strong all.
    The AIM market seems to have gone mad regarding Covid related shares - plenty of rumours and misinformation floating about. Some investors will make a fortune and some lose a lot 
  • Options
    Congrats, mate, that's the largest win I recall ever being reported on here (although if anyone won big, I would not expect them to report it)

A mere £50 for me, but I'll take that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

My financial advisor over here laughed at me when I bought premium bonds.

I made a three figure sum in prizes. He lost me a six figure sum! He got sacked.

SIX figures? Good grief. The sack? He deserves a visit from the Hale crew!

Was he one of those British expats who prey on fellow expats? I had some youngster from the notorious DeVere call me the other day. The only reason i took the call was that it showed up as coming from the UAE. I thought it might be Tahnoon...anyway he rather regretted it. 
  • Options
    Mrs Daarrzzetbum snaffled £50.00 as well so happy with that 👍👍 
  • Options
    All round yours this xmas then...!!!
  • Options
    Markets everywhere on the up today.

FTSE100 closed up 2.3%. Most European markets up around 2.5%......Spain up 4.6% !  Even the US is up over 2% on early trading.....you would have thought their eyes would have been on something else today.

Signs of recovery or a dead cat bounce....??
  • Options

FTSE100 closed up 2.3%. Most European markets up around 2.5%......Spain up 4.6% !  Even the US is up over 2% on early trading.....you would have thought their eyes would have been on something else today.

Dead cat, take some profit.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Mug punters in funds simply are not allowed to do that. 24-48 hour time lag. In this case, the profits are already gone.

Tech is back up again though. Us mug punters just gotta take what's given to us in the short term.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Mug punters in funds simply are not allowed to do that. 24-48 hour time lag. In this case, the profits are already gone.

Tech is back up again though. Us mug punters just gotta take what's given to us in the short term.
    Agree to an extent re funds, on individuals i've sold out my Barclays, bought around 94p and sold for £1.12 and Hiscox bought at £7.60 and sold £8.48. My BATS are just above what I paid £25.14 v £25.70 but will hold them, Go Ahead at numerous prices, some massively up some massively down with a net gain of about £150 if I sold today! Tullow i've took some gains but still hold some (still in profit). Lloyds I think i'll dump, been a bit up and down but sitting on about 14% profit so may take that today.

Don't think i'll buy any more individual shares right now apart from the sharesave scheme at my new employers.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Markets up again. Maybe the cat has legs after all. 
  • Options
    Congrats, mate, that's the largest win I recall ever being reported on here (although if anyone won big, I would not expect them to report it)

A mere £50 for me, but I'll take that.
    My mother in law won a grand about a year ago.