Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I'm sticking with 8047.  

A bit like Golfie, I just needed another 6 months, I think.
    So this is interesting. Once again you are the most optimistic of 20 entrants so far. Yet your figure implies growth of only 4.1%. 

That's a surprisingly cautious response (across all the respondents so far). I'm going to contemplate a bit more before putting in my forecast, as the figure I had in mind would have just trumped yours as the most optimistic. 

It's also tempting to observe that right now one can still find a 5%+ one year risk-free fix for UK cash. That's mainly what I'm doing, and I now feel less like my usual over-cautious self for doing so. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Bloody hell !!!

Why couldn't the f**king competition have finished 2 days later  :'(

FTSE finished today at 7682.33   - just 2.33 above where I said it would be on 31st Dec.
    take a chill pill! And try again!

So answers to me by 31st January as to what you believe the FTSE will be at come the end of June.
  • Options
    Webinar I attended earlier today is suggesting that the US should avoid a recession this year but the UK may not. That the US markets are expecting 6 rate cuts in 2024 with 3 or 4 in the UK - all at 0.25%....maybe starting as early as March but probably more like May. The EU are not so lax as Christine Lagarde has said that they are likely to keep their rates on hold for longer. 

I haven't thought about where the FTSE might be in 6 months time & like @PragueAddick I will be giving it some thought. Dont think it will start with an 8 though. 
  • Options
    7839 please...
  • Options
  • Options
    7882 please
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Bloody hell !!!

Why couldn't the f**king competition have finished 2 days later  :'(

FTSE finished today at 7682.33   - just 2.33 above where I said it would be on 31st Dec.
    take a chill pill! And try again!

So answers to me by 31st January as to what you believe the FTSE will be at come the end of June.
    I will go for 7801 please 
  • Options
    7950 please
  • Options
    No premium bonds gone in yet piss take really 9 days that’s if they go in tomorrow 👀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cazo said:
    No premium bonds gone in yet piss take really 9 days that’s if they go in tomorrow 👀
    Usually in your account on 7th working day of the month. I’d expect it to be there tomorrow. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    cazo said:
    Usually in your account on 7th working day of the month. I’d expect it to be there tomorrow. 
    Will be tomorrow, I can see it pending in my account.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    The awards weren't announced until 3rd Jan.
  • Options
    In now👍👍
  • Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2024/01/nsi-premium-bond-rate-march/

Premium Bond prize pool to drop slightly from 4.65% to 4.4% for the March draw. 
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Hahaha I didn't read an article but I saw some clickbait article along the lines of "Premium rate bonds SLASHED from March," a 0.25% drop seems reasonable (albeit not ideal!) 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Chaz Hill said:

Hahaha I didn't read an article but I saw some clickbait article along the lines of "Premium rate bonds SLASHED from March," a 0.25% drop seems reasonable (albeit not ideal!) 
    Yes it's broadly in line with the current trends for rates of 1 year fixed bonds which are probably seen as PBs main competition.
  • Options
    7878 please
  • Options
    7965 for me after much useless pondering
  • Options
    7978 for me please. Same as my last (poor) forecast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7795 for me please
  • Options
    Let's see if I can get as lucky as I did last time around! I'll say 7870.
  • Options
  • Options
    7758 for me please
  • Options
    Any new/interesting funds of interest for 2024?
  • Options
    I'm sticking with 7680. 
  • Options
    If I've not done it yet 7824 please 
  • Options
    7810 for me please
  • Options
    7768 per favore
  • Options
    7720 please.